Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 01:04 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times

Advertisements

I was browsing in Lord & Taylor recently, and saw a section of I.T. clothes, so was curious, since I'd never seen them before.

I was quite surprised. Although I.T. has grown up wealthy, so presumably is familiar with good quality, the fabrics were cheap - polyester, not silk. Although I.T. is slender, the clothes were mostly unfitted and baggy, as if for overweight people. Although I.T. is very youthful, the fabric patterns weren't youthful at all, a lot of matronly-looking florals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 02:47 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Nope.

I saw a pair of flats in Nordstrom. From a distance, they caught my eye (I'm always on the lookout for pointy toe flats). But when I picked them up, they felt cheap. I had already decided against them when I noticed the name. More reason to put them back.

Old 02-17-2017, 03:49 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Nope.

I saw a pair of flats in Nordstrom. From a distance, they caught my eye (I'm always on the lookout for pointy toe flats). But when I picked them up, they felt cheap. I had already decided against them when I noticed the name. More reason to put them back.
Same here. The shoes look great from afar. Not nice enough for the price up close. I have initially considered some clearance ones, but I decided to go ahead and skip them!

Old 02-17-2017, 04:17 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,074,625 times
No, I didn't even know it existed until this election. I've never seen her stuff...I must not shop where it's sold

Old 02-17-2017, 04:25 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Nope.

I saw a pair of flats in Nordstrom. From a distance, they caught my eye (I'm always on the lookout for pointy toe flats).
OK I have to ask because I really don't understand this. Why do you like pointy toes? Our feet our not that shape, toes get squashed and they are uncomfortable. Please explain

Old 02-17-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
OK I have to ask because I really don't understand this. Why do you like pointy toes? Our feet our not that shape, toes get squashed and they are uncomfortable. Please explain
Your toes aren't supposed to go into the point. Think of regular ballet flats and ADD a point. If your toes are squished, the shoes are either too narrow or too short.

I like them because it's an elongating look. My feet look short, fat, and stumpy in rounded toe shoes (probably because they ARE short, fat, and stumpy! LOL!)

Old 02-17-2017, 04:48 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post

I agree! Never got that weird trend. Torture for fashion's sake.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:58 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,978,388 times
I've never bought clothes, bags, shoes, accessories, makeup, wigs, glasses household items
With a celebrity name.

Oh crap. Nevermind I was a huge Elisabeth Taylor
Perfume fan back in the 80's..
Oh then the time I bought all Farrah Fawcett hair products and Dorothy Hamill hair products back in the 80's..
But in the past 20 years I think George Foreman
And Paul Deen items have passed through my home.

I always thought Ivankas line was atrocious.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
The flats aren't torture. The stilettos I don't get.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:16 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Shouldn't be that way, the toe box should fit and the point should be in front of the toe box. My odd ball foot shape when you stick the point on, it looks like clown shoes, and that's how I walk in them. Hate them. But shoes are my personal sticking point. I have a high instep, and a wide D width foot, with a B width heel. So ...what a pain. I can easily find shoes that fit my toes, but I walk out of them, they don't stay on....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty