U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 08:01 PM

72,716 posts, read 64,203,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Select the pink box underneath "COLOR".
Uh....ok. Still looking for those flamingoes, or whatever tropical print you said it was....?

BTW, pink is a nice change, IMO, from the usual boring blue or white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 08:58 PM

4,633 posts, read 7,199,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Uh....ok. Still looking for those flamingoes, or whatever tropical print you said it was....?

BTW, pink is a nice change, IMO, from the usual boring blue or white.
Pelicans. They are a bit difficult to see in the photo there due to being so small, but they are there (in light green).

Old 02-22-2017, 09:26 PM

18,869 posts, read 12,490,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I would like to know, what are your opinions on shirts with sea or beach animals printed on them? I recently bought an IZOD Saltwater Collection Newport Oxford shirt in Fairy Tale (my favorite shade of pink BTW) with light green pelican print as part of IZOD's new Spring 2017 collection, and I received several compliments about it.

So, what does anyone here think about such shirts, not necessarily in pink? And yes, I am pretty sure that everyone knows IZOD is my favorite brand by now, although not 100% of my shirts are IZOD. IZOD also has a variant of this shirt in Blue Radiance (a turquoise color) with darker blue whale print.
If it pleases you, who cares what we think? You like Izod shirts, so you are interested in having a variety of them. Why not? I imagine the style suits you very well.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:03 AM

322 posts, read 172,069 times
I think they're cute. I can't pull everything off but I find quirky patterned stuff like that to be cute

Old 02-23-2017, 08:56 AM

1,335 posts, read 798,906 times
Jazzy, if it makes you happy, go for it. It's a casual-preppy look but so what, that's kind of what IZOD is going for, right?

Personally, I do not really go for animal prints very often but I would not rule it out if something really grabbed me; however, I do not wear T-shirts outside of the house, and 99% of animal-related shirts are T-shirts, so it's not like I would have many animal print shirts to choose from although there are some hunting/fishing related ones out there, e.g. Columbia and some of the Outdoors/hunting brands.

I do, however, enjoy complicated/intricate/unusual patterns or designs. So, I have a lot of shirts that are fairly colorful due to that. A lot of plaids or geometrics or so forth, as well as some more visual/artistic prints although those are hard to do well, e.g. for every really nice Hawaiian shirt with a truly unique design there are 10 that are really pretty boring or just too typical/basic looking, e.g. here's some hibiscus and hula girls...or a tiki design and some alcoholic beverage ... you know, the same thing you always see. Can you tell I've looked at a lot of Hawaiian shirts over the years? :-)

I very rarely ever wear just a plain solid-color shirt. I used to sometimes, but they're just too boring for me now. Even just a simple pattern, stripes or whatever, I feel can elevate and make more visually interesting any shirt/top. But, some people are more into blending in or normcore or what have you and they just like their solid colors and that's fine too. Perhaps because of my predilection for patterns and colors in my shirts, I pretty universally wear solid single-color pants, usually in "normal" colors like tan, grey, black, navy, etc. So I'm sure to some I'm not bold enough but I don't want to be too overwhelming with the patterns/colors/etc.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:53 PM

2,198 posts, read 1,230,458 times
I tried to google it (before I saw you that you a link down the page) and found you on another site asking the same question, and a few pictures of you wearing various pink outfits

Now that I see it, I can't say I'm a fan, but I don't like those kind of shirts (with repeating prints) anyway. I do think the pink one looks slightly better than the blue one, but maybe that's because the little creatures are harder to see.

That being said, continue to wear what you like and be happy in it.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:38 PM

11,068 posts, read 8,998,172 times
OP, I hope your local JC Penney isn't closing. Where will you go for all your IZOD shirts now since you went there for your IZOD shirts?

Old 02-27-2017, 03:06 PM

4,633 posts, read 7,199,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
OP, I hope your local JC Penney isn't closing. Where will you go for all your IZOD shirts now since you went there for your IZOD shirts?
I have two JCPenneys that I shop at (Superstition Springs and Mill Crossing), and the odds of both closing are slim IMO. While I would hate to see either of them close, I would prefer Superstition Springs to stay open since I historically had better luck at that location (it is a larger store after all), even though I live closer to Mill Crossing.

Macy's so far has kept all three of our nearest locations (SanTan Village, Superstition Springs, and Chandler Fashion Center), so this could be a sign of hope for our nearest JCPenney locations. I occasionally buy IZOD clothing from Macy's (although the SanTan Village location does not carry IZOD), as well as Kohl's and Amazon, as well as the websites of Belk and Bealls Florida.

Old 02-27-2017, 04:59 PM

3,207 posts, read 1,488,209 times
Not for me. I prefer classic clothing. I have quite a few Foxcroft shirts in solid colors. Great for summer

Old 03-01-2017, 08:37 PM

219 posts, read 88,581 times
I think they are a fun way to dress up work clothes. Easy way to lighten the mood if your coworkers come up with names for different shirts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or