U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 02:07 AM

11,100 posts, read 6,606,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I use Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof on my lower lashes because the wand separates better than the L'Oréal.
You can always clean off the wand and use it with a different mascara.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 04:20 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,067,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by negativenancy View Post
Diorshow Curling Mascara - I get the waterproof version... doesn't smudge or clump and stays curled all day!
How long does this mascara last, is this your fav waterproof mascara ?

I've always used waterproof mascara and have tried so many different ones. The last one I liked was YSL waterproof used it for a while and was happy with it, think it was about $28 but lasted for 2 - 3 mo. A few years ago I bought the same mascara and the formula was changed to something really cheap could tell immediately since it's now about $32 I returned it.

I've been using Loreal waterproof and it's ok but really want a good quality mascara. It's worth it to have nice quality for mascara.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:50 AM

8,082 posts, read 3,909,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Then you are using something greasy like concealer on your under eye.

I was a makeup artist for several years and have used hundreds of brands.

If you continue to use waterproof mascara, your eyelashes will break off. You need to see what is causing is to run under your eyes and throw away the waterproof.
Well I need the concelaler. Either it's dark circles, or dark smudges ... or I use waterproof, which hasn't been a problem for me in the past. No issues with eyelashes breaking off.

And typically it's not the waterproof mascara that causes breakage. It's the removal of the waterproof mascara. I saturate a cotton pad with eye makeup remover or micellar water and hold it against my lashes long enough to let it soften the mascara. Then it swipes off very easily without any rubbing.

Last edited by hertfordshire; 02-25-2017 at 09:33 AM..

Old 02-25-2017, 09:14 AM

9,130 posts, read 3,948,162 times
I love The Clump Crusher by Cover Girl but it's not even mentioned on that list. I hate mascara that clumps, I want a natural look - not like I have spider legs on my eyes.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:19 AM

9,130 posts, read 3,948,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Can anyone recommend mascara with a smaller applicator brush? It seems they think that the bigger the brush the longer the lashes but I much prefer the precision of something smaller than a big brush that just "globs" it on. I guess I'm looking more for length than volume.

I have a separate mascara for my lower lashes and it has a very small brush. It's Maybelline Lash Discovery.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:03 AM

13,056 posts, read 21,185,152 times
I swore by L'Oréal Voluminous for two decades with occasional purchases of all kinds of other brands but would always be disappointed and circle back to Voluminous. Well, I tried Rimmel's ScandalEyes and have switched my allegiance to the orange version. Lasts all day and no flaking, full and long lashes, easy application and removal. I'm not paying $30 for something I can get superior results with for just $5.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:24 AM

40 posts, read 30,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
... Maybelline Lash Discovery.
I use the waterproof version and I love it. It looks very natural, it's easy to remove and it's great for women whose eyes water or have allergies.

Old 02-25-2017, 02:49 PM

1,700 posts, read 793,953 times
i'm a maybelline girl. always have been, always will. right now i have just the regular cheap great lash. but i occasionally get one of the other maybelline mascaras. maybelline is cheap and works great. i don't need anything more than that!

Old 02-25-2017, 03:03 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,319,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
How long does this mascara last, is this your fav waterproof mascara ?

I've always used waterproof mascara and have tried so many different ones. The last one I liked was YSL waterproof used it for a while and was happy with it, think it was about $28 but lasted for 2 - 3 mo. A few years ago I bought the same mascara and the formula was changed to something really cheap could tell immediately since it's now about $32 I returned it.

I've been using Loreal waterproof and it's ok but really want a good quality mascara. It's worth it to have nice quality for mascara.

It's probably not the most hygienic, but I purchase one tube of Diorshow every 6 months. After that it kind of gets clumpy. I was really skeptical at first because the brush isn't anything fancy, but the mascara worked great for my lashes! I have really long, spaced-out lashes that stick out rather straight from my eyes. I just curl my lashes and apply Diorshow and they stay in place all day!

I've tried so many other brands (Loreal voluminous, countless different types of Maybelline, Rimmel, Physicians formula, off-brands, and a few high-end brands) and Diorshow was the best for me.

Old 02-25-2017, 04:39 PM

246 posts, read 114,251 times
I have very short lashes and LOVE length. My absolute favorite mascara for years has been L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara. It has 2 ends, one white primer coat that you apply first, and while primer is still wet, the other end is the black mascara that you apply over the white coat. This is the only mascara that makes my lashes long. It doesn't smudge, clump or flake on me. It can be removed with warm water only (soaked onto lashes). I use warm water and a gentle face cleanser. It comes off in little tubes, no need for rubbing/scrubbing. It has been very gentle on my lashes. The application sounds complicated but it really isn't. I use a separate mascara on my lower lashes usually but I can also use this mascara and just skip the white primer as I don't want length on the bottom. My high-end choice would be Lancome Hypnose, it gives a bit of a spider-y lash but I like that look sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty