Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 03:59 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,354,337 times

Advertisements

wow, no one is mentioning any brand that is cruelty free (leaping bunny certified) and/or organic (best if both)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 04:43 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksvillemom View Post
Loreal Voluminous
Grrrrr....not anymore. The 4x formula was perfect. It's now only available in waterproof here. The 5x is drier and doesn't work as well. Hated it. With a passion beyond belief.

Switched to the Loreal butterfly mascara. Works, barely, and I hate the wand. Three hours later and eyes are itchy....I always know I have mascara on.

So I figured it was a perfect time to go cruelty free...since I have to go mascara hunting anyway.

Old 02-25-2017, 04:44 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
wow, no one is mentioning any brand that is cruelty free (leaping bunny certified) and/or organic (best if both)
I'm going to try Pacifica next....some of the reviews use words that make me think this will be the one.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:16 PM

260 posts, read 473,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
I've tried high-end department store mascaras and Estee Lauder the classic one (dark navy packaging) is great (no clumps, lengthens and thickens smoothly), but the my favorite mascara is a drugstore brand: Maybelline Full n' Soft, leaves lashes noticeably thicker, longer, no clumps. I hate clumping and also spidery lashes that look coated and dry.
Oh how I used to love Fulln'soft! but it's not sold in my country anymore and I've had a hard time getting it online.
I've pretty much stopped wearing mascara because I think it irritates my eyes, it's a bummer because I don't have dark lashes so I look really plain without it. Sometimes I still use a thin coating of an Almay one that was recommended for sensitive eyes.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:58 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,296,502 times
chiluvr1228, I too, only want a natural look. By that I mean dark, separated, non-clumped, curled, long lashes.
Best I've found is Lancôme Definicils.
To fulfill my definition, anyone suggest another? thanks

Old 02-25-2017, 07:18 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,354,337 times
i only wear mascara on formal occasions with full on makeup (which is very rare). can't tolerate it any more frequently than that. i barely can tolerate eyeliners more often than that. that's why eyebrow pencils are my main makeup. they don't irritate me and i look more polished with just pencilling them in than putting on loads of mascara without defining the brows. i swear! i've seen women (blondes at that) wear tons of eyeliners and mascaras without any definition to their light brows

Old 02-25-2017, 09:25 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,937,291 times
E.l.f. Brand. Really cheap and works for me. In fact, it's the only brand that doesn't dry out my lashes and irritate my eyes. Also easy to remove.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:56 PM

22,845 posts, read 6,437,988 times
Covergirl Exacteyelights for hazel eyes works for me.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:17 PM

447 posts, read 488,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
Try Tarte, I use only Tarte in cosmetic and love it. Would not switch to anything else.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:27 PM

447 posts, read 488,048 times
"What are tarte's guidelines for international products?
All ingredients and finished formulas tarte uses are tested and based on US FDA requirements before being imported to the US. We only work with highly reputable laboratories and factories that meet the strictest GMP standards, which is an international grading scale for cleanliness and the environment for workers that abide by a strict code of standards. We also test each product ourselves to match our quality standards. Additionally, we are an approved PETA participant; they have audited our non-animal testing procedures."

" Is tarte cruelty free?
Yes. tarte cosmetics is a cruelty-free cosmetics line. tarte makeup and skincare is never tested on animals."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty