U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 04:28 PM

857 posts, read 706,074 times

Advertisements

Lancome Hypnose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 04:28 PM

1,445 posts, read 1,742,161 times
it is hard to find cosmetics that are both cruelty free and organic (and even eco-conscious like vapour), and whose products perform just as well as their mainstream counterparts. sometimes, i have to do concessions when i can't find something cruelty free/organic/eco conscious that i really need to perform well for my daily needs, like brow pencils. i really love anastasia's brow wiz, but they're neither organic nor cruelty free, expensive too. i've found a product from a cruelty free company that performs almost just as well but even better--it's cheaper and vegan! of course, it's not organic, but at least one of the three! vegan and gluten-free products are not in my priorities, they're just bonuses if they happen to be.

i take my time these days to do research to find the products that meet as much of those criteria as possible, even if it means buying stuff online instead of just going to the drugstore or department store.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:39 AM

11,095 posts, read 6,596,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
Urban Decay is leaping bunny certified, but their products are not exactly clean. a lot of chemicals in them.
Everything is made up of chemicals. You are breathing chemicals right now. I bet you even drank dihydrogen monoxide sometime today.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Everything is made up of chemicals. You are breathing chemicals right now. I bet you even drank dihydrogen monoxide sometime today.
for sure you know it's the harmful ones, and the levels contained. unless you really ADVOCATE for the use of products that contain more of the harmful chemicals for whatever reason

Old 02-28-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
for sure you know it's the harmful ones, and the levels contained. unless you really ADVOCATE for the use of products that contain more of the harmful chemicals for whatever reason
So what mascara do you recommend that doesn't contain "harmful chemicals", since this thread is about recommendations and not the evils of chemicals.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:39 PM

there are a slew of companies that offer organic and/or cruelty free mascara. pacifica, jane iredale, ILIA, juice beauty, 100% pure, mineral fusion are some that i know of. i've only tried mineral fusion at this point, but like i've explained earlier in this thread, i've only used it maybe a couple of times in the last two years (haven't really worn mascara in the past year), so i can't really gauge its performance. i haven't used mainstream mascaras at all in the last few years either, so it's hard to compare.

Old 02-28-2017, 07:56 PM

11,437 posts, read 19,459,889 times
Quote:
there are a slew of companies that offer organic and/or cruelty free mascara. pacifica, jane iredale, ILIA, juice beauty, 100% pure, mineral fusion are some that i know of. i've only tried mineral fusion at this point, but like i've explained earlier in this thread, i've only used it maybe a couple of times in the last two years (haven't really worn mascara in the past year), so i can't really gauge its performance. i haven't used mainstream mascaras at all in the last few years either, so it's hard to compare.
You might it advantageous to find a recipe for making your own mascara. You should change your mascara tube every three to six months due to bacterial growth...so if it's been over a year, I'd toss the tube. Or try the E. L. F. cruelty free brand. It's very inexpensive, but is supposed to be a good brand.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
You might it advantageous to find a recipe for making your own mascara. You should change your mascara tube every three to six months due to bacterial growth...so if it's been over a year, I'd toss the tube. Or try the E. L. F. cruelty free brand. It's very inexpensive, but is supposed to be a good brand.
i didn't say i've kept using it, did i? the only thing i said was i only used the mascara a few times in the past year.

unfortunately, as cheap and mainstream ELF is, it's not in the leaping bunny list.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:10 AM

Quote:
unfortunately, as cheap and mainstream ELF is, it's not in the leaping bunny list.
For most people, the leaping bunny list isn't the most important thing when choosing products. E.L.F. is cruelty free, they do not test on animals. No, they are not "leaping bunny", but that doesn't automatically mean they are a bad company. Maybe they don't want to jump through all the hoops when they are comfortable with who they are as a company already.

It seems like you don't really wear mascara, and a majority of companies are not going to meet your standards for you to be able to recommend one. I already recommended a mascara that was on your leaping bunny list, but of course it then doesn't meet other standards of whatever. So now it just seems like you are trying to hijack the thread to promote your own agenda.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:31 AM

Of course, we're all promoting an agenda on our own. Whether it's an agendum of economy/cheapness, convenience (like being able to go to a drugstore/department store), the prestige of getting a high end brand, or finding something organic/leaping bunny cruelty free/eco conscious, we all have our philosophies with such things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty