U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 12:12 PM

11,425 posts, read 19,433,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
i didn't say i've kept using it, did i? the only thing i said was i only used the mascara a few times in the past year.

unfortunately, as cheap and mainstream ELF is, it's not in the leaping bunny list.
It is on the PETA list though. I'm glad you're a tube tosser....I've known a few who aren't and the results were...horrifying.

The cruelty free issue was a New Year challenge for a friend and me. So I'm learning about the lists and the differences between them.

And that some products state so, but don't go through certification. Right now I'm not on the line for anything, but my first two products are mascara and retinol. Lots of research...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 12:30 PM

10,228 posts, read 14,078,239 times
So I bought some Rimmel the other day ($8) w/Argon Oil. So far very nice, no clumps, not stiff. Will venture into a higher price range if the Rimmel doesn't work out. (Not concerned w/Leaping Bunny issues, whatever that is.)

Old 03-01-2017, 12:40 PM
teb

69 posts, read 70,034 times
Better Then S*x by Too Faced is horrible and overpriced reminds me of Maybelline in the pink and green container before they changed the formula.

My fave is Dior Show.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:46 PM

11,019 posts, read 6,565,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teb View Post
Better Then S*x by Too Faced is horrible and overpriced reminds me of Maybelline in the pink and green container before they changed the formula.
Did you try the waterproof version? I here that is horrible.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
So I bought some Rimmel the other day ($8) w/Argon Oil. So far very nice, no clumps, not stiff. Will venture into a higher price range if the Rimmel doesn't work out. (Not concerned w/Leaping Bunny issues, whatever that is.)
Leaping Bunny is a cruelty free/vegan certification.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:30 PM

10,228 posts, read 14,078,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Leaping Bunny is a cruelty free/vegan certification.

Thank you.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:37 PM

I am using the Leaping Bunny certified Pacifica mascara and there are things I like and things I don't.

How I put on mascara -- I like a very wet mascara. Like L'Oréal Butterfly with fiber. I put on a first coat lightly, and on my bottom lashes, by then the first coat has dried a little to grab more product. Then I carefully apply the second coat, separating the lashes giving them lift and curl and then use my blow dryer (with the cold shot button pressed) to dry and set the curl in my lashes. Sounds dumb, but I've found that for me, washable mascara doesn't hold a curl from an eyelash curler. And I am done with eye makeup remover. I want washable. The blow dry trick works just as well and my lashes stay curled all day.

Pacifica Stellar Gaze has the lushest brush ever. The mascara isn't as wet as I'd like. It doesn't lengthen as I'd like. I think I am addicted to fiber mascaras. But it doesn't flake at all and is very comfortable to wear all day. For me, all L'Oréal mascara reaches a point of "get this off my face" at about 8 hours. My lashes are soft and natural looking. The black color isn't jarringly black, like Benefits They're Real...

The other thing is subsequent coats don't do anything. The first coat looks like the second coat, looks like the third coat. Although if I hit the first coat with the dryer, the second coat is tinyest bit thicker...but not much.

That's not a bad thing for me. I like wearing mascara, but sometimes it's SUCH a hassle to put on. If all I have to do is swipe and dry, I will wear it every day. Which is good for my blepharitis, which requires me to thoroughly clean my eyelashes...

Old 03-12-2017, 06:03 PM

2,002 posts, read 217,018 times
Lancome's Definicils is a must for me. It never bleeds or runs, even when I cry or sweat (trust me, I've tested so at the gym!). Lancome is AWESOME because you can always buy a product and receive their gift with purchase which will include a small version of the mascara, so you don't even need to necessarily buy the full size product if you pay attention to the gift with purchase promos! I have a ton stocked up in my drawers and find they last forever (although, do throw them out within 6 months, I read).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty