U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 02:47 PM

8,054 posts, read 3,896,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Uh...what is that?
One thing I've learned in the F&B forum ... If someone posted something vague enough that I have to ask, I probably don't want to know, and I shouldn't feed the troll.

That post is called "bait." Don't take it.

[CENTER]SaveSave[/CENTER]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 02:48 PM

11,388 posts, read 6,801,436 times
Neckties -- Amerika's Korporate tribal scar; all the phoniness and insincerity of office regimentation in one useless piece of cloth.

They serve no purpose, serve to render the wearer both less-comfortable and needlessly self-conscious; a constant reinforcement of the idea that you're on somebody else's turf; that you're not so much selling your skills, as surrendering your time and attention to someone else's control.

They're also a ditz-magnet. If you watch the behavior of a person who feels out-of-place in a professional environment, and there's no receptionist, that person will usually seek out the youngest male employee wearing a necktie.

I haven't worn a business suit for any occasion since my mother's funeral thirteen years ago; it's a record I hope to keep intact for the rest of my days.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:56 PM

2,200 posts, read 1,233,073 times
Quote:
Bras, underwire specifically.
Nothing better than getting partway through the day and realizing you're getting stabbed by errant wires! HATE underwire!

Old 02-27-2017, 07:17 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,722,642 times
I am not a big fan of bras either, but the biggest pain for me is that they get tangled in my laundry bag. It is like trying to take apart a bar puzzle.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:58 PM

226 posts, read 191,799 times
I have HATED BRA'S since the first day my mother gave me my cousin's hand-me-down that I realize now looked more like a harness than anything else, itchy and totally miserable I was. I was also naive / innocent as I could never figure out how my mother could tell I didn't have it on.

Thankful I am for the invention of the sports bra far more to my liking but a part of me still wishes to be one with my male cousins which might account for my recurring "topless" dream where I discover that i am SOMEWHERE and uncovered so I have to try to make my way and hope that people don't notice.

I've had many different surgeries during my life, while taking care of necessary mends and fixes is important the one that truly brought me joy beyond my wildest dreams was my breast reduction surgery. A lifesaver/shoulder saver - I'd do it again if I had to. Still not miniscule but they are manageable. Why do we so often want the opposite of what we have. Flat chested have breast augmentation and "generously sized" in my case to the point of being disproportionate to the rest of me - opt that SMALLER is better.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:04 PM

226 posts, read 191,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Nothing better than getting partway through the day and realizing you're getting stabbed by errant wires! HATE underwire!
one of my youthful commitments: JUST SAY NO TO UNDERWIRE !

Old 02-27-2017, 08:10 PM

832 posts, read 552,663 times
BRA - on ONLY in the presesnce of others - {because after 66 years & 2 kids.....it ain't pretty)
Panty hose. Torture devices
Coats when driving

Old 02-27-2017, 09:51 PM

681 posts, read 347,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
My guess is it's a c*** and b**** separator. I could be wrong though...
Great post. Especially amusing as you are a woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
One thing I've learned in the F&B forum ... If someone posted something vague enough that I have to ask, I probably don't want to know, and I shouldn't feed the troll.

That post is called "bait." Don't take it.

[CENTER]SaveSave[/CENTER]
Troll? I answered the question with sincerity. I'm offended.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:06 PM

2,073 posts, read 1,945,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhogHR View Post
BRA - on ONLY in the presesnce of others - {because after 66 years & 2 kids.....it ain't pretty)
Panty hose. Torture devices
Coats when driving
Yep. And I have worn pantyhose exactly two times in the past 18 years, and both times was for a funeral.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:17 PM

83 posts, read 85,020 times
Spandex pants. how to find a pair that fit comfortably and don't fall down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or