U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 07:33 AM

4,377 posts, read 1,490,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Bras, bras, bras My favorite part of the day is the magic moment I get to take that horrid contraption off.

Bras for me too.

"I love you! I need you! I hate you! Why did the underwire poke through?? WAAAAHHH!! You were my favorite!!" LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 10:32 AM

1,335 posts, read 797,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
I hate polos; they just look so stupid with the damned collar and three buttons. I'm not getting choked out by an ugly pretentious douchebag shirt.

Ties, or any of that fancy crap associated with them.

Long sleeve tshirts.

Ankle socks.
Really disagree with you on three of those things but completely agree 1000% on long-sleeved T-shirts. Elastic cuffs on any shirt are just terrible because any range-of-motion and you get this tight pulling on your forearms. "Stop it, you're moving too much."

My contribution to the discussion is:

Polyester/synthetic socks

*Too thin and easily torn
*Too hot and sweaty

I only wear cotton socks, or in certain extreme cases other natural materials (e.g., long distance hiking -- wool socks; skiing -- silk socks).

It if it has any poly/synthetic in it other than a few percent for elastic etc., I have to avoid it. And it has gotten surprisingly hard to find quality socks without synthetics in them anymore, at least at a lot of the normal department store type places you used to be able to buy good socks. Life's too short to wear poly socks.

In my experience the longest lasting socks are Polo brand dress socks. I think they are 93% cotton and 7% elastene or something like that. I find that they can be worn a couple hundred to several hundred times before they wear through in the heel and toe. I've never had a pair that didn't last at least a few years.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:49 PM

2,178 posts, read 1,721,581 times
This is weird, but pajamas. Growing up in hated wearing pajamas to sleep and now as a young adult I don't lol.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:28 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,346,783 times
Pointed toe footwear. Hideous.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:50 AM

33 posts, read 13,595 times
Bra. I hate wearing them!

Old 04-07-2017, 10:40 AM

5,265 posts, read 2,876,587 times
WHY do we wear bras? It's so arbitrary... these two mounds on your chest need to be strapped into something. But your elbows and other body parts can be free of encumbering devices. What if we just revolted? Just think of the freedom. I saw a great big bra hanging in a tree in someone's front yard the other day. I think she had the right idea.

I HATE BRAS. We ALL hate bras. And they cost too much, too.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:56 AM

24,718 posts, read 59,596,711 times
Neckties

Old 04-07-2017, 02:36 PM

2,608 posts, read 1,113,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
WHY do we wear bras? It's so arbitrary... these two mounds on your chest need to be strapped into something. But your elbows and other body parts can be free of encumbering devices. What if we just revolted? Just think of the freedom. I saw a great big bra hanging in a tree in someone's front yard the other day. I think she had the right idea.

I HATE BRAS. We ALL hate bras. And they cost too much, too.

Thanks for the laugh, Nicci!

Celebrating a surgery, I tried to burn my bra once. In an outdoor propane grill. It didn't go well. Shoulda just tossed it in the tree! Or on a power line, like you see tennis shoes sometimes....

Old 04-09-2017, 10:14 PM

5,265 posts, read 2,876,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Thanks for the laugh, Nicci!

Celebrating a surgery, I tried to burn my bra once. In an outdoor propane grill. It didn't go well. Shoulda just tossed it in the tree! Or on a power line, like you see tennis shoes sometimes....
We could start a movement... I even have a chant:

Bras in trees!
Boobs down to our knees!
We give no damns
about our free 'n easy mams.

Probably won't catch on.
I think you should toss your flaming bra up onto a power line! What's the worst that could happen?

Old 04-09-2017, 11:39 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,049,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
Thong underwear.
I second this.

I have a rather ample bottom and I can tell you that sometimes I'd prefer to wear a thong to complement what I'm wearing. However, it feels like nothing short of anal floss. It's too painful and irritating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or