Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 07:17 PM

604 posts, read 1,501,486 times

Advertisements

I am looking for as natural solutions as possible. I used to use a cream before, but I noticed my skin was allergic to it, so I stopped it. Then I got this facial hair trimmer and used it for years, but I started noticing more growth with it - Panasonic Women's Facial Trimmer | Ulta Beauty

My hair became thick and it's growing much faster than before. I also want to get rid of the facial hair permanently and was thinking of laser treatment, but I have read reviews about the side effects of it too. How do you all remove your facial hair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 07:57 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,158,837 times
I don't, because I hear removing it just makes it come back thicker. Many dark-haired women may bleach the peach fuzz on their mouth. Since my hair is already white, there's no need. hell, you can barely see my eyebrows. Let alone any other facial hair I may have. lol

You can TRY laser treatment. But I hear sometimes even that isn't 100% and the hair still grows back even thicker than before.

You can try the Clio Shaver, which can be found on Amazon. I use it for my armpits -a close shave without fear of cutting. Because you can press it directly against skin and it doesn't cut like a razor. It's also waterproof, best used on moist skin to avoid any possible or potential irritation. But goes without saying lol

Last edited by HappyRain; 02-28-2017 at 08:21 PM..

Old 02-28-2017, 08:53 PM

2,606 posts, read 2,683,999 times
Face and eyebrow - I get them threaded by this lady I know. She waxes my sideburn and threads rest of the face. I don't want to wax because the pull on skin might make skin saggy in my old age. Plus I got used to threading

Arms and Legs - I get them waxed every 2-3 months (so they get really long to the point of unbearable) by my friend. I pay her small fee & we get to hangout while getting waxing done. We catch up and sometimes I pick up dinner. It is nice hangout and I get something done.

I use to use cream but those are bad for you and I use to shave and that makes things darker. With waxing I have already noticed lighter hair with in 1 year. It is expensive at salon, so I suggest find a friend. My friend misses many spots and she isn't as relaxing/painless but the price I pay, I accept the shabby job

Old 02-28-2017, 08:54 PM

37,424 posts, read 45,609,203 times
I don't have any, but man I would sure hesitate to try and remove it since that means it comes back much thicker.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:01 PM

44,257 posts, read 64,056,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't have any, but man I would sure hesitate to try and remove it since that means it comes back much thicker.
No.

No, it doesn't.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:07 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,258,010 times
Removal doesn't cause hair to grow back thicker. You don't gain follicles because you remove hair.

Unwanted facial hair isn't a big issue for me. If I get a stray brow hair, I tweeze it. Nothing else is really necessary.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:11 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,482,798 times
The idea that removing it makes it grow thicker is an old wive's tale/common misconception.

I pluck with a tweezer. I do like threading, I just never get it done.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:21 PM

5,123 posts, read 4,444,313 times
During my pregnancies I had some odd strands of facial hair caused by hormonal changes, which I had removed with threading. They never grew back.

Otherwise, facial hair has never been a problem for me. But if it were, I'd consider laser hair removal. I know women who had very problematic facial hair who had laser hair removal. The treatment took a few years, but it was worth it. They all have smooth faces now with no more facial hair growth.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:59 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,720,839 times
I have one hair on the side of my face...I pluck it whenever it appears (about once a month or so).

Old 03-01-2017, 07:49 AM

91 posts, read 70,719 times
Laser didn't work for me. The hair came back after several treatments. So I'm plucking it. I use an epilator for the chin and bleach for the mustache.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty