Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 11:47 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,365,996 times

Advertisements

I've always liked looking nice, I guess I was just born into a relatively fashionably-minded family and we always had nice clothes. So I guess that's how I became to be more interested in looking nice than most boys of school age.

I used to get teased because I'd wear nicer clothes or brighter colors or patterns than most boys were wearing at that time, and the big insult for boys in those days was for people to tease me and say "that's gay" or "you look like a ------". Well, so sorry I wore orange or have a collar on today, I'll be sure to go stock up on Big Dog t-shirts the next time I'm at the outlet mall. I heard those sorts of things intermittently over the years and ultimately it hardened my resolve to keep dressing how I wanted.

My wife and I like to coordinate our outfits sometimes, sometimes simple stuff like the same colors, other times more subtle aspects; we both enjoy it, it's just fun. She enjoys colors and patterns as much I do and actually our both dressing nicely was one of the things that brought us together in a way, e.g. when you're first noticing someone around the workplace/school/whatever but haven't begun talking yet. We aren't runway-fashionable but we like to look nice.

My best advice to anyone is to wear what you like. If you don't care and want to wear a white tee and jeans every day, more power to you. If you want to dress like it's 1850, go for it. Life's too short not to enjoy what you wear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 12:50 PM

491 posts, read 473,234 times
I'm a guy. I'm okay with it, because I've spent years figuring out what I like and don't like. Right now I wear the most basic things, mostly out of being frugal. I just can't be spending money on clothes or shoes right now. I do however try to find stuff that is comfortable to wear. If I did wear stuff that I'd like, I'd probably be be buying good quality shoes and investing in good clothing that might be more costlier, but I think are worth it because they look good and are made of higher quality material as well as more ostentatious shoes.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:59 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,323,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearlevel View Post
I'm a guy. I'm okay with it, because I've spent years figuring out what I like and don't like. Right now I wear the most basic things, mostly out of being frugal. I just can't be spending money on clothes or shoes right now. I do however try to find stuff that is comfortable to wear. If I did wear stuff that I'd like, I'd probably be be buying good quality shoes and investing in good clothing that might be more costlier, but I think are worth it because they look good and are made of higher quality material as well as more ostentatious shoes.
For clothing I would look into mid-level brands such as IZOD, Chaps, or Nautica. I buy a lot of IZOD, and I feel like they provide the best balance between quality and price.

Old 03-20-2017, 01:35 PM

491 posts, read 473,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
For clothing I would look into mid-level brands such as IZOD, Chaps, or Nautica. I buy a lot of IZOD, and I feel like they provide the best balance between quality and price.
Thanks for the ideas. I still do buy some good stuff, like good shoes. However, I feel like I would be much more stylish and be wearing different kinds of clothing if I could. That being said, I wouldn't say fashion is my passion, which is why I'm willing to do without. Other things like food and where I go take more precedence. However, once I accomplish some of my goals and then get the extra spending money, I could enjoy buying some nicer clothes. I actually do take long in deciding what to get. I like to research things. Shopping is fun in that way for me, because I'm very indecisive, so I do enjoy that aspect of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty