U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 12:31 PM

4,631 posts, read 7,192,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
So you prefer to pay more at Macy's just so you can say you did?
IZOD at Macy's generally doesn't sell at a higher price than JCPenney or Kohl's. It is the fact that Macy's even carries the brand that says a lot about the status of the brand, being sold in the same store as more upscale brands like Polo Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, and Calvin Klein. IZOD is not a Walmart/Target-type brand, that is for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 01:27 PM

4,102 posts, read 1,715,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
IZOD at Macy's generally doesn't sell at a higher price than JCPenney or Kohl's. It is the fact that Macy's even carries the brand that says a lot about the status of the brand, being sold in the same store as more upscale brands like Polo Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, and Calvin Klein. IZOD is not a Walmart/Target-type brand, that is for sure.
No way. IZOD isn't a status brand whatsoever...

No one says "oh look, he's wearing IZOD". No one. It's a "middle age dad" golf type look.

It's a generic brand as far as status goes.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
No way. IZOD isn't a status brand whatsoever...

No one says "oh look, he's wearing IZOD". No one. It's a "middle age dad" golf type look.

It's a generic brand as far as status goes.
So why does Macy's even carry the brand alongside more upscale brands? Macy's could have dropped it long ago. Obviously Macy's feels the brand fits in with its demographic.

Old 03-11-2017, 03:02 PM

676 posts, read 1,473,799 times
I didn't know Izod still existed until I read this thread. Last time I saw anyone wearing it was in high school in the early 90s.

The style of Nautica never interested me, and like Izod, I haven't seen anyone wear it in a few decades.

My son is 19 and he is a very fashinable dresser. He wears mostly Polo Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger. I just asked him about Izod and Nautica and he said, "huh?" lol

Old 03-11-2017, 06:59 PM

4,102 posts, read 1,715,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
So why does Macy's even carry the brand alongside more upscale brands? Macy's could have dropped it long ago. Obviously Macy's feels the brand fits in with its demographic.
Because some fashion clueless, middle age men still wear it.

It's the dad uniform...just add khakis.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:38 AM

190 posts, read 98,638 times
My parents buy a lot of Nautica and they continued to buy that brand since years ago. But, my dad is late 60s and my mom is middle 50s. As in younger people, I dont think its popular as it once was years ago. Maybe some people buy a lot of it, but as a trend or whatever, nope. Its just like literally any other preppy brand but on the high-end side (as in $30-40 for a tee shirt, $60 for a pull-over, etc). Maybe its just a lot of money too?

Old 03-13-2017, 11:46 AM

3,137 posts, read 1,617,722 times
I don't get the appeal of Under Armour or Abercrombie & Fitch and wonder why these are considered by anyone to be upscale or in the case of Under Armour, "sexy". Which it's not, IMO. And I've often wondered why people wear athletic clothing when they aren't playing sports or going to the gym.

Chaps, Izod, Nautica are every day styles that can be worn by anyone, athletic or not.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinglyme22 View Post
My parents buy a lot of Nautica and they continued to buy that brand since years ago. But, my dad is late 60s and my mom is middle 50s. As in younger people, I dont think its popular as it once was years ago. Maybe some people buy a lot of it, but as a trend or whatever, nope. Its just like literally any other preppy brand but on the high-end side (as in $30-40 for a tee shirt, $60 for a pull-over, etc). Maybe its just a lot of money too?
The 1990s was when Nautica peaked in popularity among all ages. They have since moved somewhat downmarket and are squeezed in a position slightly above IZOD and Chaps, but below Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, and Polo Ralph Lauren.

Old 03-13-2017, 02:03 PM

1,470 posts, read 1,386,390 times
I'm actually wearing a nice Nautica sweater today, just picked it up at an outlet last week. I prefer Ralph Lauren but have several Nautica and Hilfiger pieces.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:19 PM

552 posts, read 408,541 times
IMHO Nautica, Izod, Chaps, Tommy and Calvin are the brands of the dork guys...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty