U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 11:52 AM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Surprised we've made it three pages without a mention of panache. I am a 34FF (after getting professionally fitted) and can basically pick one up their bras up anywhere and it works perfectly. They are mostly the balconette bra style. Also look into Nordstrom Rack. After getting professionally fit I went to the rack and dig around to find the size and pay way less. I just around a band size and cup and band size but end up right back at the 32ff. Good luck.
Panache is hit or miss for me. Have high set breasts, narrow roots and a short torso. Many underwires either up too high for me. They are never my most comfy bras. I have about a 1/3 chance of it working out. Cleo seems to work better for me (even though panache owns them they are cut differently). I am pretty hard to fit sadly. Brands that used to work for me no longer do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 01:10 PM

11,485 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
The closest Rigby is in Atlanta. I appreciate everyone's input...let me clarify that the bras I have (size 36D) fit me very well; they are comfortable, not too tight or too loose anywhere, and have decent support...but I am stubborn about what I'm seeking. I just don't understand why all my bras have such long straps (maybe because of the size of the bra). There is no woman size 36D who has breasts higher than mine? I want the bras she's using. And I want straps that won't slide out of position (i.e. get longer) because of the weight of my breasts, also more back support should help with this.

The Cacique invisible backsmoother looks like something to try!
I, too, have a problem with the straps sliding to the side. When I mentioned it to the fitter at Rigby and Peller, she told me that I could bring the bras to them and they will have a seamstress fix them. That said, I've not done it because most of the time it isn't a huge problem for me.

Best of luck to you in finding the bra that is a perfect fit for you!

Old 03-12-2017, 01:57 PM

8,142 posts, read 7,463,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Get yourself into a store that has a professional bra fitter. I would never attempt to try and find a fit via online.
I second this.

If you are having a hard time finding the right bra, you are ordering the wrong size.

Go to Nordstrom, they have to take classes on this.

I'm the same size and have never had a problem finding a bra.

Old 03-12-2017, 03:36 PM

1,811 posts, read 5,395,325 times
Thank you jade, I bookmarked a Cleo page. I wasn't able to go to Soma today but I will go...and will check out many of the sites mentioned. I am hopeful!

Old 03-12-2017, 03:47 PM

16,154 posts, read 7,089,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomputer View Post
I like Cacique. I found a style I liked and now I buy them on Ebay. I put the size and model# in search and I have all different colors NWT
Yup, once you've been fitted professionally, pay for the bra you like (very rude not to) and then go online.

My favorite brand, Chantelle, is one I found online, after I had a good idea what I really liked and what fitted.

I also look for good online deals on Wacoal and Freya, but Chantelle is what feels best and lasts longest. Not to mention I think they're the prettiest!

I'm 36G.

Old 03-12-2017, 04:22 PM

4,107 posts, read 3,444,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Yup, once you've been fitted professionally, pay for the bra you like (very rude not to) and then go online.

My favorite brand, Chantelle, is one I found online, after I had a good idea what I really liked and what fitted.

I also look for good online deals on Wacoal and Freya, but Chantelle is what feels best and lasts longest. Not to mention I think they're the prettiest!

I'm 36G.
Yes, absolutely buy at least one.
I think the style can make a big difference in fit. My favorite Freya style so far is the Patsy in polka dots. I have quite a few of each color & matching panties.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:58 PM

2,002 posts, read 217,018 times
NJDevil,

Check this Wacoal bra out from Nordstrom - I adore it! I can take a 30E, 32DD or 32DDD depending on the style and/or brand and this has been a bra I can either size up or down in with zero issue. I adore it!

Wacoal 'Finesse' Molded Underwire T-Shirt Bra | Nordstrom

Also, it took me close to probably 2 1/2 - 3 years to find a brand, style AND size that fit me perfectly. It takes a lot of time and effort, and although it can be extremely unpleasant and irritating, it is very rewarding when you reach the final product. Hang in there!

Last edited by Elusive Enchantment; 03-12-2017 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: Just wanted to add some more thoughts...

Old 03-12-2017, 09:02 PM

977 posts, read 782,674 times
I hear a lot of radio ads for ThirdLove bras. https://www.thirdlove.com/

One thing that sets them apart: they have half-cup sizes. I thought they were only online, but google tells me they're carried by Nordstrom.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:05 PM

3,315 posts, read 3,759,184 times
You should also go to Intimacy and Dillards for a fitting. They are the best at sizing and helping find the right bra in my experience.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:12 PM

11,485 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
You should also go to Intimacy and Dillards for a fitting. They are the best at sizing and helping find the right bra in my experience.
Intimacy is now Rigby and Peller as R & B bought out Intimacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty