Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 09:02 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,875,457 times

Advertisements

I'm probably one of the last to ever speak about good fashion, and even I can say that looks ridiculous. I don't care if it's no-show socks... seeing bare feet/ankle with that is only seen on women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 10:07 PM

372 posts, read 533,673 times
No socks for men is de rigueur at the most elite country clubs in the country, lol.

Maybe it's a comfort thing.

But I think it looks a little contrived when it's a fad.

Kind of like a sea of green shorts with whale belts in the dining room.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:22 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,045,192 times
That pic of Chris Pine is a bad example. He doesn't have the right "swag" to go sockless....maybe it's the way he is standing and the "cut" of the pants bottoms..
This guy can get away with the look so it seems:

Old 03-17-2017, 12:49 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansea View Post
No socks for men is de rigueur at the most elite country clubs in the country, lol.

Maybe it's a comfort thing.

But I think it looks a little contrived when it's a fad.

Kind of like a sea of green shorts with whale belts in the dining room.
I think that, unlike most replies, at least gets close to the mark. Probably there aren't many men active here who usually are sockless. Neither am I, in footwear. But I'm smart I think it's partially comfort, because feet can overheat in socks (and men run warmer, keep in mind), but also shopping and care. No need to worry about losing socks or buying socks for feet that are an unpopular size. For some others, it's mainly a style choice.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:39 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
Yeah, that guy in the picture above can pull it off. Obviously European. Note his ankles are hairless too, like someone else said, hairy legs peeking out just doesn't cut it. I like the look with certain shoes, like those loafers....

Old 03-20-2017, 06:54 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,308,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Which has nothing to do with the discussion.

Well, actually, it does, because a guy who wears a suit that fit him in high school but is too tight now, is not, by definition, well dressed, thus going around without socks should not surprise you.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:55 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,308,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
That pic of Chris Pine is a bad example. He doesn't have the right "swag" to go sockless....maybe it's the way he is standing and the "cut" of the pants bottoms..
This guy can get away with the look so it seems:

Again, jacket's too small. His arms are practically hanging out to the elbows, so no surprise he's doing "sockless". Probably shaves his chest, too.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:13 PM

6,107 posts, read 4,602,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I am all about the comfort. Last time I wore a dress was to a summer garden wedding last summer. It was a HOT, high humidity day, and the ceremony and reception were held outside in a beautiful garden. No way was I wearing anything on my legs.

All eyes were on the bride, not me, so I was not too worried.
Personally, I don't find going sock-less with shoes comfortable at all. Socks make my feet feel cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Perhaps people are wearing the wrong socks?

Also, socks help protect feet from rubbing on shoes in an irritating way and getting blisters.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:39 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Well, actually, it does, because a guy who wears a suit that fit him in high school but is too tight now, is not, by definition, well dressed, thus going around without socks should not surprise you.
I seriously doubt that Chris Pine is wearing a Giorgio Armani suit that he wore in high school.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:42 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Again, jacket's too small. His arms are practically hanging out to the elbows, so no surprise he's doing "sockless". Probably shaves his chest, too.
Poor thing ... no one ever taught you where the elbows are, did they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty