U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2017, 12:19 PM

1,314 posts, read 662,320 times

Advertisements

not sure if that's really the right title to put but wasn't sure what else to put. I'm turning 30 this year and just wanted to do like a little "pick me up" to my face. something VERY low key. maybe a facial type thing or a peel or something. moreso at a dermatologist's office than a spa. i have never done anything like that before so just wondering if anyone knows something that would be good to do. i'm just thinking of something to get some glowing skin or maybe reduce some small lines/wrinkles. again, nothing invasive or major... any ideas? could i just go to my dermatologist and ask if she recommends anything? i would hate for her to sell me on something expensive though so thought i'd ask here first.

thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 01:14 PM

5,119 posts, read 12,713,147 times
Botox, or fillers can make a subtle difference. All of the treatments are pricey, tho...and they don't last long...botox lasts about 3 months...fillers, about a year or so...

Old 03-12-2017, 02:17 PM

9,098 posts, read 3,918,635 times
I say chemical peel although expect your face to look a little rough for a few days or so.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:18 AM

1,945 posts, read 2,114,859 times
Combo microdermabrasion w/light peel.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:16 AM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleySawyer View Post
Have you tried using face mask? That works for me well.
Me too! I started using serums under my moisturizer in my late 20s or so for different issues and they worked wonders. It like the Origins serum original skin I believe it is if you don't have specific needs like brightening or dark spot correction.

Also you can get a professional facial.

If you have dullness or fine lines this is the way to go.

Some of my colleagues get Botox for forehead wrinkling. I don't have any wrinkles yet and I just focus on maintaining tone, evenness and pore size via daily or weekly treatments (serums, cleansers, lotions and masks).

Old 03-13-2017, 09:55 AM

634 posts, read 335,710 times
Wash your face daily with baking soda. It's a gentle exfoliant that leaves your face smooth and not dry. I like it so much that it's my body wash, too.

If you use toners, try unfiltered apple cider vinegar. The smell dissipates as it dries. Skin is naturally acidic but when vinegar is used as a toner, it helps skin find the ideal balance between dry and oily. If you have sensitive skin, dilute the vinegar with a little water. I have sensitive skin, but don't dilute and it works great for me.

Follow with an age-defying serum, such as Sei Bella (by Melaleuca) or DHC or Olay -- you don't need to go for the ultra expensive stuff.

Now do whatever your daily routine is.

Keep it up and you'll see results within a couple weeks.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:44 AM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
I like orange blossom water and rose water for toner. Not too drying, really cheap even if you buy it at a source that overcharges. If you have a middle eastern market it is easy to find there (since it is used for food too) for anywhere from $2-5 for a bottle. A gourmet market may also sell it (at some Whole Foods and the like), it is typically $5-8 for 12-16 oz. But if you go to Sephora or similar and get a skin care brand's version it is more like $10 for a smaller 4-8 oz package.

If it is safe enough to eat, you can put it on your face! And they smell great. In usually just mix the two. Sometimes I see mint water and mix all three.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I say chemical peel although expect your face to look a little rough for a few days or so.
how bad does it look? would i not be able to go to work??

Old 03-13-2017, 12:16 PM

11,425 posts, read 19,433,663 times
Go to your dermatologist. There are so many options, laser treatments, injectables...and we don't know what your real issues are. And not every derm does them. So your doctor can recommend a good doctor.

I had IPL for rosacea several years back and I loved the fact the redness was abating...but more than that, my face firmed up...really loved that!

No cream or mask could rebuild collagen that way....

Old 03-13-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Go to your dermatologist. There are so many options, laser treatments, injectables...and we don't know what your real issues are. And not every derm does them. So your doctor can recommend a good doctor.

I had IPL for rosacea several years back and I loved the fact the redness was abating...but more than that, my face firmed up...really loved that!

No cream or mask could rebuild collagen that way....
ok i wasn't sure if people do that.. like just go and ask for recommendations, works for me !

thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty