Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think about long hair on men?
LOVE IT! 55 54.46%
HATE IT! 43 42.57%
Men have hair? 3 2.97%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 01:15 PM

1,020 posts, read 808,657 times

Advertisements

Love, love, love long hair on a guy! Grew up in the 70's & 80's, so to me, there's nothing sexier. I live in a military town. Ughhh

I hate man buns though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 07:47 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby1half View Post
Love, love, love, men with long hair. It's sexy, primitive and animalistic. Men with short hair are invisible to me......sorry.

What about men with the new "Nazi" hair cut?

Old 03-16-2017, 03:18 PM

3,069 posts, read 1,680,944 times
Love long hair on men and always have. There are some who don't wear it so well.... same thing with women. I even like it pulled back into a ponytail, although I don't like 'man buns'.

But I don't usually care for it if it makes a guy look too fem. In the OP's examples, I don't care for the second look because... well... frankly, I thought it was a girl at first. I want to be able to still tell the difference. In most cases I think longer hair enhances manliness.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:24 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Too feminine for me. If I see a guy buy a scrunchy (just the name alone is meant to be used by women only), I feel my legs closing automatically.

Last week a tall person with long blonde hair was walking outside my office away from the building and all the guys ran to the windows. Then they realized it is our new male engineer..

Yeah, not sexy at all. Once a guy has to use a brush, the hair is too long.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:12 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Too feminine for me. If I see a guy buy a scrunchy (just the name alone is meant to be used by women only), I feel my legs closing automatically.

Last week a tall person with long blonde hair was walking outside my office away from the building and all the guys ran to the windows. Then they realized it is our new male engineer..

Yeah, not sexy at all. Once a guy has to use a brush, the hair is too long.
LOL...do they not see women very often?

Old 03-18-2017, 04:08 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
I hardly ever see guys with long hair. Some guys look good and some don't. I am neutral but I really dislike the man bun.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:54 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
I hardly ever see guys with long hair. Some guys look good and some don't. I am neutral but I really dislike the man bun.

Ha...I went out to lunch today and at a table next to me there was a group. Three of the men, old and young, had long hair and ponytails. It worked for all of them.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:09 AM

473 posts, read 307,440 times
We have one guy on the neighborhood, his hair lenght is to his bum bum. Suits him very well.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:14 AM

473 posts, read 307,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSailor4326 View Post
I couldn't resist.. Here are a few pics I dug up.

Hope I'm able to add to the discussion!

Why you choosed to grow both, beard and long hair and not just long hair?

Old 03-19-2017, 10:52 AM

491 posts, read 473,586 times
I'm a man and I have very long hair. I'd say it's very much a taste thing. Some women don't like it. Most women are neutral and then there are the women that love the hair and are specifically attracted to it.

Women do seem to have a thing with hair, which I think is a little tricky, because most men can't really control their hair. Some girls like the short or no hair. Meanwhile other girls specifically avoid bald guys and short hairs. In a way, I feel like maybe we should all be more understanding and just accept the guy as they are. Some guys have short hair, because they can't grow their hair out. Likewise, some guys like to have long hair because it grows out. I think most women eventually learn to just accept the man however they are, which is what I would hope.

In modern times, short hair is preferred in many instances. If you're a doctor or a lawyer or work in certain professions like the military or are an athlete, short hair is the norm. I feel like a nicely cut hair looks better with a suit. Having long hair gives the impression that you are not doing those jobs. Meaning, maybe you're a student, or you work someplace where you can have long hair or you're an entrepreneur or work in the media/art industry. It's why lots of rockstars like to have the long hair or any nontraditional style, I think. It becomes a status thing. That being said, I feel like long hair is becoming more and more acceptable in the business world, as long as it's neat. Even when I did have short hair, I always grew it down to my ears, so in a sense, I still had long hair.

What is interesting is that I've seen a rise in long hair in guys recently. I think celebrity and Hollywood have been promoting it more. I don't mind seeing more guys with long hair.

Long hair totally changes how a face looks. Having long hair does feel nice in the sense that you feel more natural and it affects how you move and even how you look. The way you move your head and pose changes. It's weird how with my hair short, I blend in and look normal. With the long hair, it's something that not every man can pull off. It's a way to stand out. If I wanted to establish a unique brand I would use that as a defining characteristic. Just like some people have height or a beard or muscles as a defining characteristic. The only thing is that you constantly keep getting complements or people telling you to cut your hair. So, I guess that's part of it.

Last edited by clearlevel; 03-19-2017 at 11:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty