U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 09:54 AM

16,724 posts, read 13,670,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Are there other women on here who aren't into this popular bearded look these days?
I think it's disgusting. It looks so disheveled and gives me the creeps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 10:28 AM

6,128 posts, read 2,218,361 times
I doubt it, most women seem to have long beards. I can't begin to count how many guys I've known who were made to shave their beloved beard by their partners.

From experience, women seem to prefer men to have stubble or a short well-maintained beard.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:30 AM

14,933 posts, read 16,527,617 times
With this thread, the number of threads critical of the current beard fashion has actually exceeded the number of bearded men!

Bravo on this incredible achievement!

Old 03-13-2017, 10:31 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,332,261 times
Not a big fan of beards but some men look very nice with a shorter, trimmed beard. I really can't understand the long, scraggly look though.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:35 AM

6,128 posts, read 2,218,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
With this thread, the number of threads critical of the current beard fashion has actually exceeded the number of bearded men!

Bravo on this incredible achievement!
Yeah, this is probably the most unoriginal idea for a thread you can have on City Data. Everything that could be said about the matter has already been said, many times all over this these forums

Old 03-13-2017, 11:42 AM

14,933 posts, read 16,527,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded1 View Post
OP, I think you're hardly alone. Women who like long, thick beards seem to be a pretty small minority.
This may be true, but the long bearded men I see around my neighborhood hardly seem to be alone. They are usually accompanied by hot, trendy millennial women. Often with yoga mats slung across their backs.

I suggest the yoga mat is the female equivalent of the long beard.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:25 PM

4,783 posts, read 4,665,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
So it seems that within the last 5 years at least, men having long, thick beards has been the trend. As a single woman, I have wondered more and more lately what has been the catalyst of this trend. I personally don't find it attractive and would not be interested in dating anyone with lots of facial hair. I feel that too much facial hair obscures a man's features. Some women I know personally find it sexy.

Are there other women on here who aren't into this popular bearded look these days?
I wouldn't call myself a regular on this board and even I can say, "This topic again?"

My husband has a beard but it's trimmed and looks nice. I love red hair. He doesn't have red hair but he has a red beard. Most women I know do not love scraggly, long beards.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:41 PM

10,638 posts, read 3,314,105 times
I HATE an type of facial hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2017, 02:31 PM

1,305 posts, read 549,076 times
I like well-trimmed/close cropped beards, goatees and stubble on men. Not a fan of the "Duck Dynasty" type beard though.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:13 PM

1,953 posts, read 753,703 times
1) This is not a "trend". Nowhere nearly enough men are growing long full beards for it to be an actual trend

2) Beards "belong" wherever they happen to grow. That is the nature of a beard. I had never before heard the term "neckbeard" and find it a ludicrous concept.

3) As long as the beard is clean, nothing else matters. Long/short, no difference from any practical standpoint. What I can't stand is stubble. If you're talking close personal relationships involving physical content, its like sandpaper.

"Attractive" is in the eye of the beholder. I once watched a show where they put a regular blue collar type of guy through a "makeover", which included shaving his full beard and putting him in a freakin' suit.

It was not, IMNSHO, an improvement. It was also highly bigoted. Jeans and a beard on a guy who looks comfortable in them are attractive. The same guy in a suit is also attractive IF, and only if, he is also comfortable in that. And I see no reason to think a suit is superior in any way to jeans.

Being "attractive" is not only subjective, its highly variable. If you don't like beards, you don't like beards - but there's no real reason for it except some subtle or not so subtle social bias that says only sloppy, lazy, ignorant/uneducated, or criminal guys have them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or