U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 05:03 AM

7,966 posts, read 3,869,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
<must resist urge to be insulting>

I didn't say you invented the idea of the neckbeard; I said you invented your own idea of what a neckbeard is. The fact that I suggested a google image search of 'neckbeard' would seem to indicate that I understood that you did not invent the idea, right? I hope you're following along this time. Anyway, your exhibits A and B are not examples of neckbeards. They are examples of standard beards in very early stages--several days' growth. Neckbeards are exactly what the term would suggest--beards that grow primarily along the neck. They are characterized by a lack of facial hair where one would expect to find it, between say chin and mouth.
They ARE examples of neckbeards, but I'm not going to debate this further with you. It's a completely pointless discussion that will go nowhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 06:31 PM

665 posts, read 827,034 times
I hate them.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:39 PM

1,479 posts, read 484,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
With this thread, the number of threads critical of the current beard fashion has actually exceeded the number of bearded men!

Bravo on this incredible achievement!
It could be a regional thing. Either that or the complainers are behind the fashion times to some degree.

Yes, beards are in style, but so is being clean shaven and the popularity in wet shaving, is evidence of that. I live in Milwaukee and I do not see every young man (or older man) walking around with a beard. I've never tried to count and really never thought if doing so but I would say most young men I see and clean shaven.

I don't know... maybe in Atlanta most the young men are walking around like ZZ Top or whatever they're called. Or maybe most have beards of some sort of even mustaches. But I don't see that as the case in Milwaukee. But there are some portion of young and older men with some facial hair.

I can't grow a full beard. But if I could I would.

Nonetheless, I love to shave. A good shave might be better than sex. Fortunately, even if you keep some facial hair you can shave, even shave most of your face if you like.

The shaving is not the only thing I like. I like the application of aftershave, the scent of a good one, and a cologne applied after that to the neck. Sometimes you need an unscented or very lightly scented aftershave though.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:49 PM

1,479 posts, read 484,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
I am female and like long beard on a man, it is associated with my religious tradition, I find it very attractive. Sidelocks too.

Interesting.

You just gave me a business idea.

I'm going to find some muscular beefcake Hasidic Jews, that don't mind stripping as a new branch of Chipendale dancers, for single ladies that are Hasidic Jews.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:52 PM

1,842 posts, read 967,119 times
Hate beards, especially those stupid neck beards. Clean shaven looks so much better.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:00 AM

9,594 posts, read 9,424,935 times
Isn't it great that there are guys with 5 o'clocks; guys with goatees; guys with full beards.... something for everyone? Rather than "hate" facial hair of anykind or stop at "beards that are trimmed', how about: "I love ______ or _______? Clean shaven guys aren't going anywhere, and neither are beards. But one is natural and the other is not. A woman who needs guys to be completely clean shaven before she can be attracted should wonder why that is.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:31 AM

1,417 posts, read 1,696,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
A hipster trend that originated with the normal, everyday blue-collar worker. I admit, I would "try" it, but my facial hair is too patchy and thin. No thanks.
Long beards may have originated with the normal everyday blue collar workers of 1910, be they seamen, lumberjacks and what not, but the average blue collar worker has not been hirsute in even a 1970s Chuck Norris way since, well, the 1980s--much less full on ZZ Top wizard beards. The style for blue collar and lower middle class men has been short head hair with perhaps a neatly trimmed goat since the mid-late 1990s.

Blue collar style trends on men follow elite or hipster trends, as much as a decade behind.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:33 AM

1,417 posts, read 1,696,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Interesting.

You just gave me a business idea.

I'm going to find some muscular beefcake Hasidic Jews, that don't mind stripping as a new branch of Chipendale dancers, for single ladies that are Hasidic Jews.
If I am not mistaken, this is expressly forbidden in the book of Leviticus and thus would likely be a money loser with your targeted market.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:33 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,277,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
I don't mind a neat, trimmed, short beard. Sometimes a guy actually looks better with one. A long beard, or one that is untrimmed and just snarled, or bushy looking...no thanks.
I use to absolutely loath beards and facial hair in general and I still do if they're the kind described in the OP, however for the first time I actually met a man that his facial hair made him more attractive. His stubble connects neatly to his haircut, the chin hair is sexy, and his mustache looks good on him. I couldn't believe I not only found him attractive but actually wanted to date him and we're together lol.

But I still loath chest hair and he does shave it off.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:09 AM

6,171 posts, read 4,950,686 times
I get compliments on my long beard from women from time to time. Generally these women are on the "edgy" side like biker chicks. This is a very much a blue collar area where most men are sporting long hair, beards, and tattoos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or