U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 07:25 AM

4,920 posts, read 4,226,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
I use to absolutely loath beards and facial hair in general and I still do if they're the kind described in the OP, however for the first time I actually met a man that his facial hair made him more attractive. His stubble connects neatly to his haircut, the chin hair is sexy, and his mustache looks good on him. I couldn't believe I not only found him attractive but actually wanted to date him and we're together lol.

But I still loath chest hair and he does shave it off.
I think chest hair is super sexy. To me, and this is just me stating my opinion so don't jump all over me, I find men who remove their chest hair as excessively vain and sort of un-masculine. The exception for me, is if you have just a crazy amount of thick body hair, like your wearing a brown sweater or something, then you have my permission to shave or wax or whatever...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 09:58 PM

219 posts, read 88,673 times
No No No No . Some men can pull it off and it looks good on them but in general I don't like the feel of full on beards.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:42 PM

3,012 posts, read 1,815,190 times
I don't like big beards. My husband has a well-trimmed goatee (and a trimmed mustache) that I think looks very nice on him. He shaves it all off every now and then, and he looks nice then, too.

Beards look okay on some guys, but if they ever let them get out of control, they look gross. They often end up looking like burly pubes on their face or something.

Old 04-03-2017, 12:31 AM

1,817 posts, read 778,529 times
Some guys can pull it off. I'm not a personal fan/attracted to it but I have no issue with guys who prefer it for themselves

Old 04-03-2017, 12:56 AM
Status: "happy again, no longer catless! t...." (set 9 days ago)

14,423 posts, read 16,699,470 times
My ex used to have people think he might be in ZZtop because of the hair and beard. When we got married he decided to let his hair just grow. When we split it was thick and luxurious and past his waist. He either had me braid it or did a ponytail. The beard was also long, more than halfway down toward the belt, deep red and thick. We didn't part on good terms, but I'm still drawn to guys with long hair and lots of facial growth too. And NO shaving the body. Ugh.....

I was jealous of him too. My hair is babyfine or less, and while it grows fine, it never looks like there's much, and doing things like agressively curling it makes it break off. So I use dark red henna or a mix of that and dark brown so while it might not be really thick, every strand shows. :-)

My ideal would be a guy more my age than younger, with something left for a ponytail, and the beard of course. And likes dressing up in faire style stuff or the like for fun (like I do). (as in REnnasiance Faire), or other fannish styles. I think when we get older we get more particular about who we choose to be with and its hard when you aren't.

More and more, I start to think that while it would cost something, finding a place I fit would be well worth it.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:33 PM

Location: Follow the oil exhaust cloud until you run out of gas, then turn left
790 posts, read 226,813 times
Quote:
if they ever let them get out of control, they look gross. They often end up looking like burly pubes on their face or something.
You just described 90% of Portlander males. The beard fad just needs to die out. Disgusting!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or