U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 01:56 PM

15,747 posts, read 11,777,149 times

Advertisements

dark lipstick makes people older usually
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 06:11 PM

5,165 posts, read 2,400,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Revel in it! Believe me, you will have more than enough years of looking like an old bag. Look as young as you can for as long as you can. You will be loving that baby face as time goes on!!!

Amen to that, sister!

I was told for many years that I had a baby-face. These days....uhhhh, no, can't remember the last time.

But oh-eve is right, darker lipstick colors make you look older, especially in matte'.

And don't wear bangs.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:56 PM

14,659 posts, read 29,742,406 times
I am 67 years old - how can I look 25 with makeup?

Seriously though, OP, it is hard to advise without knowing your total look - clothing, hairstyle, accessories etc. These all play a big part. And is it only your opinion that you don't look your age or do others tell you that, and if so why? That could give you a clue.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:05 PM

72,873 posts, read 64,312,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
If you have a baby face, then you're still going have a baby face with makeup on. If you do want to look older, that probably has more to do with your entire look--hair, clothes, etc more so than just cosmetics.
And even then, you might still look like a HS student trying to look like an adult. A friend of mine years ago, when she was 36-37, said that she'd been told a couple of times when she wore her power-suits for the courtroom (as a lawyer), that she looked like she was wearing her mother's clothes. She was short, as well, which contributed to the overall impression.

You might consider going to a professional make-up artist and paying them for a consultation. You'd learn a lot, and would probably get the results you want.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:21 PM

28 posts, read 9,926 times
It is not depend upon the makeup you are applying..it depends upon the way you carry yourself like your dressing sense..makeup does not decide the age of any person..if you will apply the makeup in any age you will look younger..or else you can try without makeup..

Old 03-15-2017, 09:11 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,044,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
be happy you look so young, embrace it. looking older is nothing special. one day you will look your age and miss the days you looked so much younger than you actually were. as for make up just try a bit of mascara and be done with it. again enjoy that fresh wrinkle free face it doesn't last forever.
People used to tell me that constantly when I was growing up because I looked so young. Looking well below your real age isn't as much of a blessing as others would think. In later years, definitely, but not when you're in your 20's and look so much younger.

At that age dating can be a nightmare because the guys who try to meet you are often so much younger. I remember a cute guy I met telling me I was too young and to call him when I turned 18.. and I was 19 at the time.

When I was 30 and out with my 2 kids people would comment about how good a babysitter I was. Even my now husband thought I was the babysitter when he met me.

Nobody takes you seriously because they think you're a teen. I remember trying to buy a washing machine at 25 and the salesman asking me where my mom was as she should be the one to pick it out.

There were times people looked shocked and commented on how knowledgeable I sounded 'for someone my age'..

I can not count the number of times I was driving and pulled over by cops because they thought I under the age of 17.

I couldn't even take my mom to a Bingo game without getting proofed and forget bars, or clubs. There was times I was denied entry because they thought my license had been altered.

OP, I have no makeup suggestions. The more make up you wear, the more you're just going to end up looking like a teen wearing too much makeup. Just hang in there, be yourself and there will come a day where you may not look your true age, but you'll look old enough that people won't think you're a teen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or