U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 07:17 AM

5,469 posts, read 6,137,743 times

Advertisements

Veering off slightly.....

Men, do you dress "right" or "left"? Girls...if you answer this, were suspicious.

Women.....panties or panty hose first?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 07:18 AM

5,537 posts, read 3,803,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I'm both-handed actually. For example write with my left but use scissors with my right.
If you are ambidextrous, then that is a completely different matter. But most of the time, people are either left handed or right handed. You would wear the watch on your non-dominant hand, because it makes no sense to wear it on the hand you write with. You would have to stop what you're doing, turn your wrist to view the time. Where as, wearing it on the non-dominant hand, you can continue writing and there's less movement on the non-dominant arm which means less wear and tear of your watch.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
We need a poll.

With that said who wears a wrist watch? I have a timepiece in my pocket. It also doubles as a phone, camera and I can surf the net on it.

I think for spite, I will hereby button from the top and bottom, alternating as I go along.
With the invention of smart watches, a lot of people are wearing the wrist watch again. It's just more convenient than having to dig through your pocket to grab your phone when you could just take a quick peek at your wrist for the time.

And not only that, it's still quite fashionable to wear a watch, unless you're talking about a mickey mouse watch.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Veering off slightly.....

Men, do you dress "right" or "left"? Girls...if you answer this, were suspicious.

Women.....panties or panty hose first?
I think I understand what you're saying. I always put my left arm in the shirt first, followed by the right. And left leg in the pants first followed by the right. I'm completely left-sided dominant. I throw, write, drive, play guitar, and punch with my left hand. Kick with the left foot.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:11 AM

3,608 posts, read 1,524,512 times
So, if I have this right, using your cell phone as a watch is so much better than a wristwatch because you have to drag it out of your pocket, turn it so you can see it, and then you can tell the time, which of course is so much more efficient than just turning your wrist over so you can see what time it is.

So, basically, what we've done is to go back to pocket watches! Sorry, but if I have to go through all that just to see what time it is, I am going to carry an actual pocket watch, with an engraved gold case, a big heavy chain, and a big fob with the insignia of my lodge or fraternal organization.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:12 AM

3,608 posts, read 1,524,512 times
And as far as that goes, I have not had trouble getting the buttons on my shirt to line up since I was about 4 years old. An adult that has trouble with this has more significant issues.

Old 03-16-2017, 09:33 AM

225 posts, read 105,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Also, do you put on a sock and a sock and a shoe and a shoe, or a sock and a shoe and a sock and a shoe?

This thread does seem like something Archie Bunker would make an issue of.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:14 AM

8,069 posts, read 3,896,137 times
It does not matter what order or direction you button your shirt buttons in, so long as your shirt ends up properly buttoned in the end.

And the watch (if you wear one) goes on the non-dominant wrist. (But I prefer bracelets)

Old 03-16-2017, 10:33 AM

310 posts, read 480,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid America Lifer View Post
This thread does seem like something Archie Bunker would make an issue of.

It sure is. I thought it was amusing that there was a "man's way" of buttoning shirts, maybe I just didn't get the humor in the DJs saying it or if they were mocking their younger "junior DJ".

I love the responses though and highlighting the ridiculousness of my question.

Thanks all!

Old 03-16-2017, 11:05 AM

17,951 posts, read 9,863,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Many manufacturers make watches for wearing on the right hand so that the crown is in the right position.
I'd say not. I'd say most watches are designed to be worn on the left wrist because the position of the winding stem makes it more accessibly to the right hand when the watch is on the left.

Lefties, get outraged!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or