U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 11:06 AM

17,902 posts, read 9,836,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I'm a woman and I don't think about trivial things like that but I don't wear button down shirts either.
For the record my mind is full of crcohet, yarn, fabric, crochet hooks, crochet patterns, who to aggrivate on the forum that day, crochet, yarn, fabric, crochet hooks, crochet patterns, who to aggrivate on the forum that day, crochet, yarn, fabric, crochet hooks, crochet patterns, who to aggrivate.....etc.etc.

Don't be so eager to use that great big broad general brush to paint a stereotype with, many of us will prove you wrong in more ways than one.
To a man, there are only four things that are not trivial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 11:18 AM

10,089 posts, read 10,606,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulok View Post
On the radio today I heard some guys saying men should button their shirts from the bottom up. The other way is how women do it.
WHAT???

I've never heard of such a thing.

I start with the second button from the top. You would never button your top button unless you're wearing a tie, so even if I plan to put a tie on I want to have the buttons correct until I button the top one and add the tie.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:24 PM

19,428 posts, read 9,742,596 times
Where should you start if you are a woman but you're wearing a mens button up shirt?

Old 03-16-2017, 02:06 PM

2,507 posts, read 3,351,758 times
I only button the very top button so I can show off my abdominal tattoos.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:52 PM

2,960 posts, read 4,688,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
We need a poll.

With that said who wears a wrist watch? I have a timepiece in my pocket. It also doubles as a phone, camera and I can surf the net on it.

I think for spite, I will hereby button from the top and bottom, alternating as I go along.
32 year old male and I wear a watch. I'd say about 3/4 of my friends still wear a watch and own multiple. It's part accessory and part useful. I don't always want to pull my phone out just to check the time quick. Nor do I always want to take my phone out in the middle of the meeting to check the time. And, unfortunately, because of phones and computers etc being around, I end up in a lot of conference rooms where a wall clock is not hung up.

I agree it's not as important, but it's certainly far from rare these days.

Old 03-16-2017, 05:09 PM

32,107 posts, read 39,170,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
I only button the very top button so I can show off my abdominal tattoos.

I've thought of doing that, but to show off my 2 Liter (used to be a 6 pack).

Old 03-16-2017, 05:15 PM

13,438 posts, read 15,041,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulok View Post
On the radio today I heard some guys saying men should button their shirts from the bottom up. The other way is how women do it.

I am 37 years old and have always done it from the top down because that's how my mother taught me. She was a single mother and I've never had a male role model so this floors me and kind of makes me wonder what other things I do that are supposed to be how women do it?

Which wrist should my watch be on?
Not how I button my shirt. Seems more difficult to button up than down. Start at the neck and there's less room for the fabric to slop around which makes it easier. I suppose since I've never found it particularly difficult to accomplish from the top, however, I never investigated whether it was easier the other way.

Watches are made to be worn on the left hand. Put a watch on your right and try and adjust the time. Given you don't really adjust a watch very often at all. Many lefties prefer to wear watches on the right hand for the same reason watches are made to be worn on the left hand, it's their non-dominant hand.

Old 03-16-2017, 05:44 PM

14,505 posts, read 11,481,746 times
Ill say goodnight, Im off to bed in my pull over my head jammies, no buttons, zips or fasteners thank the lord.. I wont wear my watch to bed on either wrist.. goodnight all.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:03 PM

32,107 posts, read 39,170,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Ill say goodnight, Im off to bed in my pull over my head jammies, no buttons, zips or fasteners thank the lord.. I wont wear my watch to bed on either wrist.. goodnight all.

Quite frankly, I'd consider that outfit a challenge. But that's just me.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:29 PM

1,691 posts, read 665,871 times
I've done it both ways and never saw much difference. Either way it's not impossible to miss a button occasionally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or