U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 12:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,032 times

Advertisements

Okay, everybody needs to shut Mod cut: language up about weight. Right now I weigh 149 lbs. and I am /not/ overweight. You wanna know how I know? My doctor told me so. She was even shocked that I thought I was overweight. But keep in mind, I exercise. I do yoga pretty regularly, I have to walk my dog and my job requires physical labor. Also remember that muscle is more dense than fat so just because you see you are gaining weight does not mean you are gaining fat. And just so you know I have no problem fitting into a size 8. Or 6 for that matter. So to all you people saying that a girl around 5'3" or something close to that that weights around 150 pounds is fat, you need to shut Mod cut: languageup. You don't know anything about their lives so just but out. And to all the other girls out there like me, WE ARE NOT OVERWEIGHT. And if you really want to know if you are, ask your doctor. They know more about this subject than you do.

Last edited by Mikala43; 03-16-2017 at 10:35 AM..

Old 03-16-2017, 01:13 AM

473 posts, read 185,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscratch View Post
Okay, everybody needs to shut [snip] up about weight. Right now I weigh 149 lbs. and I am /not/ overweight. You wanna know how I know? My doctor told me so. She was even shocked that I thought I was overweight. But keep in mind, I exercise. I do yoga pretty regularly, I have to walk my dog and my job requires physical labor. Also remember that muscle is more dense than fat so just because you see you are gaining weight does not mean you are gaining fat. And just so you know I have no problem fitting into a size 8. Or 6 for that matter. So to all you people saying that a girl around 5'3" or something close to that that weights around 150 pounds is fat, you need to shut [snip] up. You don't know anything about their lives so just but out. And to all the other girls out there like me, WE ARE NOT OVERWEIGHT. And if you really want to know if you are, ask your doctor. They know more about this subject than you do.
There is official weight scales where everyone are able to check if they are normal weight. Media is filled by anorexic and under weight women so the general opinion and understanding of normal weight is disabled. Normal body contains some amount of fat but people are into judging. Believe your doctor but unfortunately you have to keep continue fighting against those people who are into sceletons skinny people. You must know there is men who feed their spouses to be deadly fat, it is same into other way too, there is men who want their spouses to be deadly skinny. All that controlling of your weight done by your friends, media, men or family, that is wrong. So stay strong with the idea that you are normal weight.

Actually if you follow news and such there is more and more studies to put idea of our time's weight scales down and bring this fattless and non-eating human model from ancient times to replace todays weight scales. But as long as weight scales are official you have proves that you are in healthy weight. Lets hope the pressure of "hungry is new healthy" never win.

Try to grow bigger than any judgements around you. Looks should be protected by law so the judging would end.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-16-2017 at 12:38 PM..

Old 03-16-2017, 01:26 AM

308 posts, read 131,809 times
There is always the mirror test. Look in the mirror and if you are happy with what you see, then forget what anyone else says.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:34 AM

13,473 posts, read 11,020,697 times
Okay, youre not fat. Chill out and have burger.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:07 AM

26,837 posts, read 57,830,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
Look in the mirror and if you are happy with what you see, then forget what anyone else says.
Is this like one of those "alternate truths"?

Old 03-16-2017, 06:46 AM

3 posts, read 1,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
There is always the mirror test. Look in the mirror and if you are happy with what you see, then forget what anyone else says.
Agreed, I am 5'3 and about 119 lbs and people still speculate that I am too fat or the one that really gets under my skin is that I am too skinny as for me, I would love to gain ten lbs or so.

You just have to learn to ignore them if you are happy with your weight. Look in the mirror, if you're happy with how you look, that's what really matters!

Old 03-16-2017, 07:13 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,756,518 times
So it's a question of terminology. People do just say "fat" when "big-boned" like the OP is often just as unappealing sexually to men.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:33 AM
Status: "Rocktober...well that was fast. :-(" (set 18 days ago)

10,285 posts, read 10,442,913 times
There's a big thread on this subject on the exercise and fitness forum(linked below). It goes on for pages and if you're inclined to read the whole thing you'll see how insane people are about weight, to the point of being unhealthy. The threshold for "fat" is downright ludicrous. It's also amusing to me because as someone who's long preferred bigger girls, my baseline for what's "fat" is just...different. It would never occur to me to consider someone of the OP's height and weight fat, for example.

Average Woman Is 5'4" and 140 Pounds: Problem?

Old 03-16-2017, 07:34 AM

2,659 posts, read 1,077,769 times
150 pounds at 5 foot 3 is technically considered overweight according to the BMI chart, only by like 8 or 9 pounds, but that chart isn't the be all end all, as prime Arnold Schwarzenegger would be considered morbidly obese when going by that.

This is probably better suited for the health forums though.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:02 AM

248 posts, read 121,880 times
I thought weight topics were taboo? Anyway, I'm only 5'2 and my weight has been all over the place the last 10 years. Right now I'm smaller than I've ever been at about 110 and I can tell you that I felt awful at 150. Everyone carries their weight differently and 150 did not look good on me and I certainly felt overweight. No way could I wear an 8 at 150 so it's interesting how different people are built. I was a 12 at that size. I was a 14 at 160 (my heaviest) and now I'm a 2 at 110. I was a 8 at about 130. I wouldn't mind getting up to 120 but I personally could never be happy at 150. I look super dumpy at that weight.

If you're happy and healthy why do you care what anyone else thinks? Some people look better heavier and some don't. Good for you I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or