U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 04:44 AM

36,434 posts, read 41,608,566 times

Advertisements

I've seen a few others before but not lately. Generally I would not like it but this couple is adorable, IMHO.

They are dressed not so much in matching outfits as coordinating ones.

This Japanese Couple Won The Internet With Their Adorable, Matching Fashion | So Bad So Good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 09:29 AM

26,866 posts, read 28,137,614 times
I love it. They look like they are going to the same place.

While matching outfits is too much,I hate when I see couples that areeay ogf. Like a woman in a shift dress and heels with a man wearing sweat pants, dirty sneakers and a ratty hoodie.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:03 AM

4,830 posts, read 2,142,556 times
My son and dear dil are the ken and Barbie..In styles. If she wears a sporty outfit...So does he. It's not totally gar-animal wear..But gosh..It's a bit obvious who dresses who in the wardrobe department. My son really does have a great sense of style.Wish he could expand on it...

Old 03-17-2017, 12:07 PM

1,305 posts, read 548,667 times
I'd rather see a couple with outfits that compliment each other while still maintaining their own sense of style.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:01 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,265,062 times
If it makes them happy, and it's not neon that's all that matters.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:40 PM

14,933 posts, read 16,520,894 times
Sometimes I see a couple wearing the same jacket... Meh, whatever.

But the other day I say a couple in their 30s wearing a complete matching outfit of blue/white striped shirts, white shorts, white sneakers, and white ballcaps.

It was slightly disturbing to contemplate the dynamic of a relationship where a man would let a woman dress him. I don't mean getting advice on style and gifts of clothing from the wife, but being dressed like a little boy to match mommy.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:03 AM

14,648 posts, read 29,685,966 times
My husband and I sometimes wear "coordinating" outfits - usually mine is a sundress and his is a Hawaiian shirt. We have clothing with similar colors and prints. We do have a set of Hawaiin shirts in the same fabric, although mine is a different style. We get TONS of compliments when we wear those!

I take ballroom dance classes and some of the couples often wear matching shirts/outfits. It's cute!

Old 03-18-2017, 05:11 PM

7,016 posts, read 10,319,686 times
Couples dressing alike was a thing in the 50's. I remember we went to D.C. with another couple one Spring. The guys wore white slacks and red/white striped jersey shirts. The girls wore the same style shirts, and accordion pleated white skirts. Of course, white buc shoes on the guys and we wore white bobby socks and white pointy-toe sneakers. We were "The Cats Meow" !!!!

Old 03-18-2017, 08:38 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,354,490 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I've seen a few others before but not lately. Generally I would not like it but this couple is adorable, IMHO.

They are dressed not so much in matching outfits as coordinating ones.

This Japanese Couple Won The Internet With Their Adorable, Matching Fashion | So Bad So Good
They look so cute lol.
I don't go out of my way to dress like my husband and I am sure he does not try to dress like me. If we did match or slightly co-ordinate it was likely by accident.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:00 PM

1,335 posts, read 797,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Couples dressing alike was a thing in the 50's. I remember we went to D.C. with another couple one Spring. The guys wore white slacks and red/white striped jersey shirts. The girls wore the same style shirts, and accordion pleated white skirts. Of course, white buc shoes on the guys and we wore white bobby socks and white pointy-toe sneakers. We were "The Cats Meow" !!!!
That's wonderful. Couples having good clean fun together. Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
My husband and I sometimes wear "coordinating" outfits - usually mine is a sundress and his is a Hawaiian shirt. We have clothing with similar colors and prints. We do have a set of Hawaiin shirts in the same fabric, although mine is a different style. We get TONS of compliments when we wear those!

I take ballroom dance classes and some of the couples often wear matching shirts/outfits. It's cute!
Very cool. That sounds like fun. I love to coordinate with my wife when we are going some place together. It may be similar patterns or similar colors, even just a little bit of coordination can really pop -- doesn't have to be big clothing items, it could be smaller/subtler things. When you think about all the things we wear -- belts, purses, watches, jewelry, jackets, shoes, socks, pants, shirts -- it's an endless opportunity to do different things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty