U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 02:31 AM

4,754 posts, read 4,089,878 times

Advertisements

You people (you know who you are) are just downright hateful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 07:26 AM

1,945 posts, read 2,114,859 times
Just put different sized body models and forget the yay for me I have stretch marks, cellulite, etc. I guess some people will never understand that photos are edited.

I can't identify with that woman's body and I most likely would not buy that particular bikini based off of that picture. A good variety of sizes in models is needed.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:31 AM

12,665 posts, read 9,420,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Tired of seeing stick thin models advertising swimwear and other pieces of clothing...

... said no man ever.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:05 AM

21,461 posts, read 22,692,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
... said no man ever.
We're on the internet--it's not difficult for men to find pictures of half (or fully) naked ladies for their spank banks. Target is advertising swimsuits to the women who are buying those swimsuits. What men want to see doesn't really matter here.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:41 AM

1,549 posts, read 2,239,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
She was in the Lane Bryant (plus size) swim suit campaign, there's a pic of her in the "big hips" thread.

The caption under this picture connected to the link states:
"I am feeling alive and ready to take on the day after a great workout at muscle beach. This @Targetstyle suit was the perfect piece to wear. I was able to stay cool and the cut of the suit kept everything in place."

I know I'll sound like an ass, but I'm looking at her legs hips and just don't think she's been working out. Is that the look she's been going for when working out?

I don't have cellulite, I believe that's genetic or because I don't sit still much, I'm probably 20- lbs overweight, and there's no way in hell I'd be working out on the public beach in a bikini. Maybe that's because I'm old, but I think it'll be many years or a decade before this doesn't get a double take and some whispers while she's lunging squatting near the shore.
Just IMO
Many heavy people work out. If you don't "diet" to get your body fat percentage wayyy down, you won't see tons of muscle. You can still be in decent shape and walk around lol. And do many things. You'd be amazed! It's not all about looks, it's about feeling good and moving around. We know these things now.

I'm old and fat, I wouldnt wear a bikini, but not because i give a crap about anyone else looking at me, i dont like the way i look in it personally. But people talk and whisper about everybody. Then they move on to the next person; that's their own problem... not mine. I live my life now in my body and they can talk all they want. It feels great to wear things i used to "worry" about. Like shorts and no-sleeved shirts. Life is good.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:06 AM

6,076 posts, read 2,296,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
Many heavy people work out. If you don't "diet" to get your body fat percentage wayyy down, you won't see tons of muscle. You can still be in decent shape and walk around lol. And do many things. You'd be amazed! It's not all about looks, it's about feeling good and moving around. We know these things now.

I'm old and fat, I wouldnt wear a bikini, but not because i give a crap about anyone else looking at me, i dont like the way i look in it personally. But people talk and whisper about everybody. Then they move on to the next person; that's their own problem... not mine. I live my life now in my body and they can talk all they want. It feels great to wear things i used to "worry" about. Like shorts and no-sleeved shirts. Life is good.
I don't care what other people whisper about either? I'm not saying she should cover up or not be proud. I'm saying my opinion is she doesn't look like someone who regularly works out, like a representative of an active healthy lifestyle.

The caption says, perfect for her beach work out and running into the water afterward to cool off. I didn't judge her or critisize her, I'm making an observation. It doesn't seem logical to me for the argument to be:: "She looks exactly like an active adult who works out regularly!'

Advertisers can't just tell us all to get happy and excited for overweight people in swimming suits!

I don't want to look like her, I'm fine the way I am, but I do appreciate people being ok with their bodies. Good. Let's all celebrate ourselves and our individualty.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:44 AM

26,864 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I don't care what other people whisper about either? I'm not saying she should cover up or not be proud. I'm saying my opinion is she doesn't look like someone who regularly works out, like a representative of an active healthy lifestyle.

The caption says, perfect for her beach work out and running into the water afterward to cool off. I didn't judge her or critisize her, I'm making an observation. It doesn't seem logical to me for the argument to be:: "She looks exactly like an active adult who works out regularly!'

Advertisers can't just tell us all to get happy and excited for overweight people in swimming suits!

I don't want to look like her, I'm fine the way I am, but I do appreciate people being ok with their bodies. Good. Let's all celebrate ourselves and our individualty.
You realize people who work out come in many shapes, sizes and levels of body fat right?

Old 03-19-2017, 10:46 AM

13,339 posts, read 7,115,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
She's too heavy. I don't care about the cellulite, but I think she's too overweight. I feel the same way about men too. Women or men who are 40 or 50 pounds overweight or more shouldn't be models, IMO. Sure, America is overweight, but I don't think very overweight should be portrayed as a standard of beauty to emulate.
A model (noun) is supposed to "model" (verb) clothes so that the potential buyer can see how they might look in them. In the past that only has worked for a minority of women who are size 2 and below. Now women of larger size can ALSO get a better visualization of what they'll look like. It helps them decide whether to buy or not - the true purpose of a "model" and something that should help sell more merchandise, especially online when you can't actually try on the item.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:49 AM

13,339 posts, read 7,115,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I think it's a good trend we're seeing these days.

Tired of seeing stick thin models advertising swimwear and other pieces of clothing.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/targets-...200444126.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
... said no man ever.
No reason to be snide just because you have conventional and narrow tastes....how can you speak about what all other men like and why should you care? More skinny chicks for you, right?

Old 03-19-2017, 12:30 PM

6,076 posts, read 2,296,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
You realize people who work out come in many shapes, sizes and levels of body fat right?
Yes. I enjoy the benefits of working out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or