U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2017, 09:03 AM

491 posts, read 230,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream1 View Post
I am referring to the height of the philtrum, not the width. A great example of a philtrumcel is Stephen King, who looks RIDICULOUS like a Dr. Seuss character despite his strong norwood and jaw and positive canthal tilt.
It's not even something I would notice. Stephen King does look like he might look better with slight facial hair. Maybe it's the fact that he's always cleanly-shaven that makes his features stand out more. It seems easy enough to hide with a slight 5 o'clock shadow or something. Not only that, but it doesn't seem like that bad of a thing. Zac Efron has a tall philtrum and yet most people see him as attractive. It doesn't seem to matter that much. I see beautiful women with big philtrums all the time.

I only notice it because I have a short philtrum and I can't have a big thick mustache or any mustache of any length. There's not enough space. It's like my philtrum is the same height as my side mustache part. Most men have hair that faces down on the philtrum and then goes side ways as it follows the mouth. I don't really have the downward facing hair on the philtrum, I just have the sideway facing hair that goes down my mustache area. My philtrum is like Emma Watson's philtrum. I also have small hands like a girl. It's just the genetics.

Like I said, I see women with big philtrums all the time. Amy Adams seems like she has a taller philtrum and she's attractive. I don't really care about it either way.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:44 AM

81 posts, read 54,259 times
Dr. Paul Nassif from Botched has an elongated philtrum. He looks best with a 5-o'clock shadow IMO. Clean-shaven or with a big mustache?--not so good looking.

I don't think anything can be done cosmetically for a man with an elongated philtrum, or I'm guessing he would have had such a procedure done.

Anyway, he doesn't do too bad in the dating department, regardless.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:49 AM

1,856 posts, read 2,038,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellabella2 View Post
Dr. Paul Nassif from Botched has an elongated philtrum. He looks best with a 5-o'clock shadow IMO. Clean-shaven or with a big mustache?--not so good looking.

I don't think anything can be done cosmetically for a man with an elongated philtrum, or I'm guessing he would have had such a procedure done.

Anyway, he doesn't do too bad in the dating department, regardless.
I don't think you can compare the potential dating success of rich, uglycel celebrities to your average 3-6/10 datingcel.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:25 AM

10,231 posts, read 14,082,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
You're both making me queasy. People really think he's sexy?
Yo.... hold on .... I didn't say the Prez is sexy. In a profile shot now and then, he has a sexy smile. His weight is an issue, overweight or too thin is not attractive to me. I have no clue about 'philtrums'. Never check 'em.

Nice blue eyes though, we'll talk.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:33 AM

1,856 posts, read 2,038,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Yo.... hold on .... I didn't say the Prez is sexy. In a profile shot now and then, he has a sexy smile. His weight is an issue, overweight or too thin is not attractive to me. I have no clue about 'philtrums'. Never check 'em.

Nice blue eyes though, we'll talk.
Donald Trump's philtrum is well within the 15 mm threshold and is quite muscular.

On anyone, the philtrum is about sexual energy. The muscular overlip in conjunction with his muscular lip texture suggests that Trump pours a great deal of sexual energy into his public speeches, and can inflame this subconscious energy on his supporters.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:40 AM

5,286 posts, read 3,807,303 times
These are faces with more universal appeal, guaranteed to turn more heads than Mr. Blue Eyes:

http://officialmarcuspatrick.com/wp-...patrick511.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/next-managem...jpg?1470184733

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hp...05082952_n.jpg

Old 03-20-2017, 10:46 AM

1,335 posts, read 797,911 times
What's interesting is if you google some of these phrases like "canthal tilt" ... the weirdest corners of the internet populate the first page of Google. Same search result, from some dating-advice website: "I wish I could approach, but I have negative canthal tilt."

I mean, really? People really think that's why they're lonely and can't talk to girls?

Old 03-20-2017, 11:15 AM

491 posts, read 230,819 times
Quote:
Donald Trump's philtrum is well within the 15 mm threshold and is quite muscular.

On anyone, the philtrum is about sexual energy. The muscular overlip in conjunction with his muscular lip texture suggests that Trump pours a great deal of sexual energy into his public speeches, and can inflame this subconscious energy on his supporters.
I find it strange that you don't find a big philtrum attractive in men, though. My point is that having a short philtrum is usually associated with being more feminine and having a big philtrum is more masculine. I have softer features in my face.

Also, I wonder if the way you move your face affects how big or small certain features look to you. For instance, when someone people talk they jut their lower lips out and their chin out. That has nothing to do with how they were born, it's just how they talk.

Of course, these are subjective, since men and women have these qualities interchangeably.

Last edited by clearlevel; 03-20-2017 at 11:28 AM..

Old 03-20-2017, 12:52 PM
bg7

7,698 posts, read 7,629,990 times
Quote:
NOTHING is more powerful than a good face with a strong zygomatic arch, strong fwhr, strong chin, positive canthal tilt, arched brows that land directly below your strong norwood -1 with a TA1 twice weekly tan accompanied by the power of a strong neutral maxilla, sagittal retrusion, even lateral orbital rims and a wide clavicle.

You need luscious brows, striking deep-sky-blue eyes (RGB value of 0, 191, 255) all complimented by hooded eyelids and a uniquely-shaped inner-canthus. Everything must be supported by a protruding supraorbital ridge. The distance between your iris, submaxillary triangle and temporal region must be in perfect proportion and ratios.
hooded eyelids?
yuck. Far from perfect.

And Norwood? Not the nicest place.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:03 PM

39,358 posts, read 14,432,300 times
This thread headed nowhere fast. It's been cleaned up a bit and is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or