U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 08:13 PM

710 posts, read 336,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm0484 View Post
You must be rather young, because as you get older, looks become insignificant.

Men do not need to be handsome to be attractive to the opposite sex, you just need to act as though you are. I have seen this time and again.

Before you do go for a plastic surgery consult, (because a plastic surgeon can always find something to nip or tuck), check with an image consultant, or someone along those lines. Heck, you could just need a great haircut, lose a few pounds, get a tan, wear different clothes, and you might look better already.

Do people say that you are hideous, homely, or what?? I think that it is pretty cruel (if you are so afflicted) to say this to your face. Even if you look like Quasimodo (the hunchback of Notre Dame), you can still work on becoming the very best person that you can be, spiritually, physically, and mentally.

I have given you two important points:

(1) Upgrade your image

(2) Work on becoming a better you
I do agree that I could become a better person overall and I'm working on that, but I don't think I'll ever be truly happy in life until I'm happy about the way I look. I've been extremely self-conscious since I was about 10 years old, which when I started getting bullied. I don't think it'll ever change unless I do something drastic like surgery and that's why I want to pursue it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia Vane View Post
Imagine if you were a 5'0 to 5'4 man, they do exist lol!
I'm happy that I'm not that short but I can relate to them in a way. A lot of people are cruel to them because of something they had no control over just like me.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:37 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,364,995 times
Yes? What kind of question is this? How many billions does an industry have to make before people get that the answer is YES!!!!

Old 03-22-2017, 08:40 PM

21 posts, read 12,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I'm happy that I'm not that short but I can relate to them in a way. A lot of people are cruel to them because of something they had no control over just like me.
It's because they are genetically subnormal... at least you're normal height. Thank the heavens for that! You'll be fine.

Okay... okay.... I'll make an exception for a few guys, but they got to have something special about them, and it's not something I can describe.... Justin Bieber has it.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:56 PM

24 posts, read 8,641 times
OP, at 19, you will grow into your own as you move further into manhood. I remember so many of the "ugly" guys in high school (age 17/18) that I wouldn't look at then, became very attractive as they aged, and many of the good looking ones were the opposite.

Also, looks aren't everything. If you are a kind soul who respects women/people in general, are fun to be around with a witty personality, and offer interesting conversation, those are things that make a person more attractive in many women's eyes. A man can be very good looking and get all the girls, but, if he has a lousy personality, those girls won't stick around long. So, it's not all about physical appearance that makes a person attractive.

There have been plenty of "ugly" or "average" guys that I've encountered, but, as I got to know them, they became very good looking outside and inside.

BTW, good teeth are important to woman. If your teeth need fixing, get braces. Maybe that's all you need, along with more self-confidence (which is very attractive all by itself).

Old 03-22-2017, 09:22 PM

900 posts, read 470,756 times
Quote:
I do agree that I could become a better person overall and I'm working on that, but I don't think I'll ever be truly happy in life until I'm happy about the way I look. I've been extremely self-conscious since I was about 10 years old, which when I started getting bullied. I don't think it'll ever change unless I do something drastic like surgery and that's why I want to pursue it.
Son;

You can change your face, but not your past. If you get a face re-do, you will still be the person who was bullied, and will continue to act and feel like the person who was bullied.

If there is any way for you to get some help, I would seek it, if only to stop dwelling on your physical appearance, and to focus on other things. If you were to throw yourself into sports, or volunteering somewhere, you wouldn't have time to think about your appearance.

Also, as someone has said, you may grow into your face; what was weird or plain or even ugly can become at least, interesting. Another secret for you. An interesting voice helps a lot. I would think about this as well.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk016 View Post
OP, at 19, you will grow into your own as you move further into manhood. I remember so many of the "ugly" guys in high school (age 17/18) that I wouldn't look at then, became very attractive as they aged, and many of the good looking ones were the opposite.

Also, looks aren't everything. If you are a kind soul who respects women/people in general, are fun to be around with a witty personality, and offer interesting conversation, those are things that make a person more attractive in many women's eyes. A man can be very good looking and get all the girls, but, if he has a lousy personality, those girls won't stick around long. So, it's not all about physical appearance that makes a person attractive.

There have been plenty of "ugly" or "average" guys that I've encountered, but, as I got to know them, they became very good looking outside and inside.

BTW, good teeth are important to woman. If your teeth need fixing, get braces. Maybe that's all you need, along with more self-confidence (which is very attractive all by itself).
I have good teeth already, my dentist told me that they were straight on my last visit. She asked if I ever used braces before (which I haven't) because they were so straight. I'm hoping that I will look better as I age, I was hoping puberty would do that for me but no luck so far. I think I have a mixture of all those qualities, my ex girlfriend said that she thought I was a very sweet and smart guy.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm0484 View Post
Son;

You can change your face, but not your past. If you get a face re-do, you will still be the person who was bullied, and will continue to act and feel like the person who was bullied.

If there is any way for you to get some help, I would seek it, if only to stop dwelling on your physical appearance, and to focus on other things. If you were to throw yourself into sports, or volunteering somewhere, you wouldn't have time to think about your appearance.

Also, as someone has said, you may grow into your face; what was weird or plain or even ugly can become at least, interesting. Another secret for you. An interesting voice helps a lot. I would think about this as well.
I'd still much rather be more attractive and have the same internal problems than stay the same with the same problems. I tried playing sports in my youth but I wasn't really good at any of them. As far as volunteering, I don't have much time for that because I work full time. My ex-girlfriend used to help me feel good about myself but she broke up with me a few weeks ago. As far as my voice, I don't know how interesting or non-interesting it is because no one has commented on it to me before.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:27 PM

909 posts, read 506,780 times
Isn't that the point of getting it?

Old 03-23-2017, 06:30 AM

8,066 posts, read 3,896,137 times
Quote:
I'd still much rather be more attractive and have the same internal problems than stay the same with the same problems. I tried playing sports in my youth but I wasn't really good at any of them. As far as volunteering, I don't have much time for that because I work full time. My ex-girlfriend used to help me feel good about myself but she broke up with me a few weeks ago. As far as my voice, I don't know how interesting or non-interesting it is because no one has commented on it to me before.
Yep. Your problem is DEFINITELY self-confidence. If you need others to make you feel good about yourself, that's a big problem.

Stop looking in to plastic surgery, and look for a therapist. Pronto. Or you're going to be wasting your money on the surgery because you will still lack self-confidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or