Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 05:38 PM

21 posts, read 18,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
Yes I'm a guy and I'm 5'10, which isn't really tall but not short either. I'm definitely taller than most women though. Sometimes I wish I was taller but it's not something I dwell over.
I say you should wear 2 inch lifts, then you'll be a solid height. Build some muscles, and fix your teeth/veneers, and then you should be good to go. Spray tan, nice cologne, nice clothing, and get a nice hairstyle. Maybe put in a stronger jawline if that's weak but that's about it.

But personally I don't find guys attractive until 6'3, so a 5'10 guy is pretty average-boring to me that's why it's a factor to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 05:41 PM

711 posts, read 687,800 times
Quote:
Yes I'm a guy and I'm 5'10, which isn't really tall but not short either. I'm definitely taller than most women though. Sometimes I wish I was taller but it's not something I dwell over.
But here's the thing...you've got one woman here telling you that one of the standards is height. You've said that some people in your circle (acquaintances and family) have said you're ugly. To me, that's a pretty small sampling.

And you haven't really defined what in your mind would make you more attractive to yourself or to anyone else.

I can almost guarantee you that if you consulted with a surgeon and asked to be made more attractive, a good surgeon would ask what you want done.

I'm definitely not advocating the surgical route. Particularly at the age of 19. Your looks are very likely going to change and not just by the simple act of aging. And the people you meet and interact with in life will change too.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:59 PM

710 posts, read 584,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia Vane View Post
I say you should wear 2 inch lifts, then you'll be a solid height. Build some muscles, and fix your teeth/veneers, and then you should be good to go. Spray tan, nice cologne, nice clothing, and get a nice hairstyle. Maybe put in a stronger jawline if that's weak but that's about it.

But personally I don't find guys attractive until 6'3, so a 5'10 guy is pretty average-boring to me that's why it's a factor to me.
I don't really want to resort to wearing lifts, I don't really feel short or anything. I'm taller than the average height for men which is 5'9. I don't want to add more things to be insecure over. Also, since I'm only 19 there's a chance that I could grow taller in the future. My teeth are already white and straight, my dentist told me that I had straight teeth during my last appointment. Also, I have a collection of different colognes and body sprays that I always use when I go out, I always make sure that I smell good when I go out. I'm black so I'll probably never need a spray tan, lol. Also, I think I already do dress really well and my hair is never unkempt. I'm currently working on getting more in shape though so hopefully that'll help.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:11 PM

710 posts, read 584,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextStage View Post
But here's the thing...you've got one woman here telling you that one of the standards is height. You've said that some people in your circle (acquaintances and family) have said you're ugly. To me, that's a pretty small sampling.

And you haven't really defined what in your mind would make you more attractive to yourself or to anyone else.

I can almost guarantee you that if you consulted with a surgeon and asked to be made more attractive, a good surgeon would ask what you want done.

I'm definitely not advocating the surgical route. Particularly at the age of 19. Your looks are very likely going to change and not just by the simple act of aging. And the people you meet and interact with in life will change too.
I realize that a lot of women like tall men, but I'm not really that tall so that's out of the window for me. I don't think I'm tall enough for my height to be considered attractive but I'm just thankful that I'm not short. There are many things that I think would make me more attractive (a lot of them are out of my control) but maybe getting work on my jawline like the other poster suggested would help. My plan was to save up for the next 5-10 years and get the surgery if I saw no improvements in my appearance in that time frame. I just don't want to take it and not do anything about it. I want to do anything that I possibly can to make myself look better, especially because I have only one life to live and I want to live the happiest life possible while I'm still here.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:36 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,440,622 times
Life Experience: An endearing friend had to have plastic surgery...eye socket and her cheekbone due to a car accident. Did it help her? Absolutely! So I don't bash plastic surgery...I've seen how its corrected incidences.

Some folks have reasons to correct a malformity.

Get a few consults and go from there. I personally have seen some lives transformed in a good way from having such surgery done.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
I don't really want to resort to wearing lifts, I don't really feel short or anything. I'm taller than the average height for men which is 5'9. I don't want to add more things to be insecure over. Also, since I'm only 19 there's a chance that I could grow taller in the future. My teeth are already white and straight, my dentist told me that I had straight teeth during my last appointment. Also, I have a collection of different colognes and body sprays that I always use when I go out, I always make sure that I smell good when I go out. I'm black so I'll probably never need a spray tan, lol. Also, I think I already do dress really well and my hair is never unkempt. I'm currently working on getting more in shape though so hopefully that'll help.

No offense, but a tall ugly guy is better than a short handsome guy. That's me though, but I could never date a guy less than 6'1. Like that's not me. But I'm sure most women aren't like that. So looks don't matter to me that much... just height. I got heightism to a capacity that is unreal... even money can take a hike if he's 5'7.

So I guess appreciate that you're not short (but a lot of women probably prefer a shorter handsome man like Kanye West or Tom Cruise versus a tall ugly man). I'm not Kim Kardashian or Nicole Kidman. I couldn't date either of those guys, like eww.

Yeah, I don't know, I can't judge if you're ugly or not, I was visualizing some geeky glassed acne-ridden pasty 5'5 man....

---
Don't add height as another problem unless you go to the Netherlands. Then you be like two inches shorter than those men.

---
Oh, and I don't like guys being better looking than me either, ahahaa.

Last edited by Sylvia Vane; 03-22-2017 at 07:00 PM..

Old 03-22-2017, 07:06 PM

1,110 posts, read 895,403 times
Quote:
I don't know what's exactly unattractive about myself, people have just called me ugly throughout my life. I think my facial structure might be one problem. I figured I could consult with the surgeon prior to the surgery and see what he could do for me.
You must be rather young, because as you get older, looks become insignificant.

Men do not need to be handsome to be attractive to the opposite sex, you just need to act as though you are. I have seen this time and again.

Before you do go for a plastic surgery consult, (because a plastic surgeon can always find something to nip or tuck), check with an image consultant, or someone along those lines. Heck, you could just need a great haircut, lose a few pounds, get a tan, wear different clothes, and you might look better already.

Do people say that you are hideous, homely, or what?? I think that it is pretty cruel (if you are so afflicted) to say this to your face. Even if you look like Quasimodo (the hunchback of Notre Dame), you can still work on becoming the very best person that you can be, spiritually, physically, and mentally.

I have given you two important points:

(1) Upgrade your image

(2) Work on becoming a better you

Old 03-22-2017, 07:13 PM

1,110 posts, read 895,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Everybody has this stupid long beard now and looks the same. If you want to fit in, grow a nasty beard like everybody else. If you have ugly facial features, they will be hidden.
I agree. The beard looks like the illustrations of King Nebuchadnezzar in the Old Testament. No too nifty an image to emulate!!

Old 03-22-2017, 07:33 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
Yes, if it's limited to a certain feature that may be throwing things off. Trying to look younger rarely works.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:46 PM

Imagine if you were a 5'0 to 5'4 man, they do exist lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty