U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 10:43 PM

1,953 posts, read 759,283 times

Advertisements

Clothes.

Seriously, is this still a thing? We didn't pay much attention to it 50 years ago. I would think the whole "easter parade" thing would be a relic of a long dead past by now.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:32 AM

11,101 posts, read 6,606,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Polo, button down. Whichever.

Never knew guys planned a shirt for Easter...weeks in advance. Ever.
Yeah, my SO will figure out what shirt he is going to wear about 5 minutes before we need to walk out the door. I'm sure if I asked him now he would just respond by asking if we have to go to brunch with my family again this year.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:05 AM

17,181 posts, read 22,210,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
A bunny suit with a big, fluffy tail...
its too bad those playboy bunny suits went out of style

easter sunday .....hopefully it will be warmer weather over 40

id love to be playing golf but its not going to happen..

ill dress respectable,, if I go to easter mass

Old 03-22-2017, 07:55 AM

20,369 posts, read 25,519,577 times
Jeans and a t-shirt. Hopefully I will be in my garden playing depending on the weather...or siding the house.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:11 AM

35,822 posts, read 39,431,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleMark View Post
I generally wear light colors, maybe yellow or at least a spring color. I'm a Christian so for me, Easter is a day for bright, happy colors as we celebrate the Resurrection, so I always try to look accordingly. Although I suppose the secular theme of Easter is generally white and pink and green and yellow; pastels; right?

I'm surprised more people aren't planning to wear "Easter Dresses"...is that not still much of a thing? The women in my family already have theirs picked out. It's a great day to get family pictures since generally everyone looks pretty nice.
I participate regularly in church, but in my tradition, which is a mainline protestant denomination, "Easter dresses" and the like are pretty confined to little kids. Same with dressy Christmas attire. Adults generally just wear whatever they'd typically wear.

But this does vary wildly within denominations and various religious cultures. My church is in the same neighborhood as a number of predominantly black congregations of Baptist churches and AME churches, and those congregants ordinarily traditionally dress up more for church in general (ladies in hats, handbags to match heels, etc.). They are also more likely to step up the fashion on Easter. It's culturally traditional, less so where I am. Party dresses with Easter bonnets, and little suits with springlike pas tel accents are more confined to little girls and boys, and aren't even ubiquitous then.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:05 AM

9,015 posts, read 7,102,885 times
The same as I wear every other day.
I do not believe Jesus is impressed by what I wear.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:33 AM

4,903 posts, read 2,775,911 times
My usual work clothes,

Old 03-22-2017, 10:53 AM

983 posts, read 698,472 times
To be honest, I have been mildly curious about whether it is still considered the norm to dress up for holidays. With Easter, for instance, it was always a big deal to "dress" for the day. At least when I was younger. So I would be interested to know if people still dress up, or is it the same clothes that you normally wear.

Having said that, it does seem a little over the top for a poster to describe the clothes he will be wearing, especially the name of the colors involved and the specific brand. Its kind of weird and a little annoying imho to always be reading about the particular brand.

For the purpose of the thread, it seems like it would be sufficient to comment that yes, I will be wearing a new suit and tie. Or I have a great new light green dress that I am looking forward to wearing.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:09 PM

5,802 posts, read 15,496,440 times
If it's a bit cool, I'll wear my kelly green Talbot's sweater with little rhinestone anchors all over the front. If it's quite warm, I may wear a navy and white knit top I recently bought. Both with navy pants.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:42 PM

35,822 posts, read 39,431,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbythecat View Post
To be honest, I have been mildly curious about whether it is still considered the norm to dress up for holidays. With Easter, for instance, it was always a big deal to "dress" for the day. At least when I was younger. So I would be interested to know if people still dress up, or is it the same clothes that you normally wear.
Cultural norm, still, in certain circles (I mentioned some in my earlier post). Overall? Not as typical, anymore, particularly in a mostly secular, fairly casual society. So, it really varies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or