U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 06:26 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,395,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia Vane View Post
Exactly what I am going to do... thank you. Micro-blading for now... when it heals up.

---
eyebrow transplant down the road when I can afford it without making me cringe.
Don't do the transplant - they never turn out good. They are using hair from your head and its a different texture. Plus it'll continue to grow like head hair.

I've seen it, looked into it. Looks really weird and worse than the scar.

A very good makeup tattoo person wil do a wonderful job. It won't be cheap though. Few hundred $'s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 09:34 PM

18,920 posts, read 12,521,112 times
Go to Sephora or Ulta and ask one of the consultants there how to miminize the patchy eyebrow. I imagine there are ways of making the brow up to minimize how it looks. And, over time it will look less horrible.

Summer is coming up, and I think you could take every chance you have to wear sunglasses

But beyond that, I think the brow will heal and it will be much better relatively soon.

None of us is perfect. We all have flaws. I think your scar will be one of those small flaws, and it will be OK.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:41 PM

72,867 posts, read 64,312,187 times
You can pencil over it. Then go to an eyebrow tattoo place--yes, there are such specialty parlors--and get their advice. Don't follow through, yet, just see what they recommend. You should wait a year or so to see what it's like when it completely heals, to see if maybe some hair grows back, or the scar starts to fade. Then decide if you want to get a tattoo or any other treatment.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:19 AM

6,128 posts, read 2,226,081 times
Consider yourself lucky, some of us never had any beauty to lose

Old 03-23-2017, 06:13 AM

3,217 posts, read 1,494,056 times
Quote:
I wouldn't consider myself a beauty, but I really prized my eyebrows. Two weeks ago, I fell and punctured my left eyebrow which required stitches. Now that it is heal, stitches remove, I have a patch of bare skin. The bare skin isn't even clear, but there's like an indention *not too concern about pink skin*, but it's darken. And it's in the inner part of my eyebrow, the outer part would had look better.. People at work tell me "oh it's healed up!" which the black/blue eye didn't bother me because I knew that was temporary, but I know I have a scarred eyebrow.

I apply Retin-A/Hydroquinone at night to get the pigmentation to blend, and sunscreen at day.

But I am at lost at words on what to do. I even told my family, I don't see anyone right now, and they told me I am too vain. I took great in my looks, and now my face looks like a scarred cat. It's like even if I was ugly, the patchy eyebrow just distracts people.

I cannot afford eyebrow transplant.
After you are fully healed, find someone in your area that does "microblading". Basically they gently, superficially tattoo brow hairs to your brow line. IT is not cheap, but if you have only a small area to do, it could be quite reasonable.

I have mine done twice a year and love my brows!

Old 03-23-2017, 06:26 AM

9,130 posts, read 3,944,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
I doubt that a cancer patient or an alopecia sufferer would feel sorry for you. Be grateful for what you have and don't sweat the little stuff.

Agreed - I had breast cancer and a double mastectomy in 2011, exactly a year after being widowed at 55. Now THAT is a shock when you look in the mirror. Thankfully I had reconstructive surgery but I lost my nipples & areolas and had them 3-D tattooed on. Then my thyroid was removed in 2013, leaving a small scar on my neck but paralyzing one of my vocal cords so I always sound like Lauren Bacall after a day of heavy smoking.

But life goes on - look at scars as the road map of your life, your own personal scrapbooking. In other words, don't sweat the small stuff and learn some coping skills for life's trials yet to come.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:06 AM

276 posts, read 171,499 times
I have never noticed a woman's eyebrows. In fact, I think the only eyebrows I have ever noticed are bushy old man eyebrows.

Also, this is ridiculous. Tina Fey has a giant scar across her FACE, and she is universally accepted as beautiful.

Lastly, in my very dumb opinion, in order of decreasing "beauty value"

Body/Fitness

Face

Hair

Skin

Nails

Eyebrows

Old 03-23-2017, 07:25 AM

5,684 posts, read 6,470,594 times
My dermatologist recommended that I use Mederma (a gel) to heal scars I had left after she removed some moles. It worked. You can buy it at Walmart.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:43 AM

1,571 posts, read 1,514,714 times
It could be worse, you could have had half your face burnt like a woman I knew who worked at a grocery store when I lived in Las Vegas. You know those types of things really can happen to you one day.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:33 PM

7,128 posts, read 2,222,628 times
Quote:
I wouldn't consider myself a beauty, but I really prized my eyebrows. Two weeks ago, I fell and punctured my left eyebrow which required stitches. Now that it is heal, stitches remove, I have a patch of bare skin. The bare skin isn't even clear, but there's like an indention *not too concern about pink skin*, but it's darken. And it's in the inner part of my eyebrow, the outer part would had look better.. People at work tell me "oh it's healed up!" which the black/blue eye didn't bother me because I knew that was temporary, but I know I have a scarred eyebrow.

I apply Retin-A/Hydroquinone at night to get the pigmentation to blend, and sunscreen at day.

But I am at lost at words on what to do. I even told my family, I don't see anyone right now, and they told me I am too vain. I took great in my looks, and now my face looks like a scarred cat. It's like even if I was ugly, the patchy eyebrow just distracts people.

I cannot afford eyebrow transplant.
Embrace the mark of individuality this gives you. But don't take up crime, because it will also identify you, out of the thousands of unremarkable people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or