Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 05:53 PM

21 posts, read 18,537 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't consider myself a beauty, but I really prized my eyebrows. Two weeks ago, I fell and punctured my left eyebrow which required stitches. Now that it is heal, stitches remove, I have a patch of bare skin. The bare skin isn't even clear, but there's like an indention *not too concern about pink skin*, but it's darken. And it's in the inner part of my eyebrow, the outer part would had look better.. People at work tell me "oh it's healed up!" which the black/blue eye didn't bother me because I knew that was temporary, but I know I have a scarred eyebrow.

I apply Retin-A/Hydroquinone at night to get the pigmentation to blend, and sunscreen at day.

But I am at lost at words on what to do. I even told my family, I don't see anyone right now, and they told me I am too vain. I took great in my looks, and now my face looks like a scarred cat. It's like even if I was ugly, the patchy eyebrow just distracts people.

I cannot afford eyebrow transplant.

Last edited by Sylvia Vane; 03-21-2017 at 06:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 05:59 PM

427 posts, read 440,037 times
Okay Sylvia don't let this define you. You had an accident and will heal. It could have been so much worse, try to look on the bright side. Once healing has progressed maybe Wunderbrow or a similar product would be benificial. Good luck!

Old 03-21-2017, 06:20 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
I think scarred eyebrows look awesome and add character to your face. Don't worry about it.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:57 PM

Thanks....

I am probably fork over some money to get an eyebrow transplant (like 10 years down the road). And eyebrow microblade it for now once it's healed. I can't look at it.... it's not awesome look for me lol. It's changing my whole perspective of life right now...... it made me realize beauty is one of the most important thing there is in life for my happiness. Everyday right now, I hate my face lol.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:09 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,308,278 times
And how do you expect to react when your hair turns grey; wrinkles all over; liver spots; lose teeth; have to wear trifocals; etc.?

Are you going to be devastated by getting old? Or will you maybe work on cultivating other aspects of yourself?

Old 03-22-2017, 06:22 AM

9,283 posts, read 14,890,077 times
Is there a reason for the last name "Vane"?

Old 03-22-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Is there a reason for the last name "Vane"?
No, I just like that name. Someone already has Sylvia or else I would had just went with that.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
And how do you expect to react when your hair turns grey; wrinkles all over; liver spots; lose teeth; have to wear trifocals; etc.?

Are you going to be devastated by getting old? Or will you maybe work on cultivating other aspects of yourself?
There's a difference from being 60 and 85 though. I don't want to look bad at 60, but at 85, I am lucky to be alive...

I don't know right now, I already have a great personality because I'm not pretty to begin with. I don't rely on my looks, but I don't want to lose them at a young age either.

But you're right, I need a better career to keep my looks... I guess that's one way in cultivating yourself..... it's like money solves all problems.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:26 AM

3,167 posts, read 4,000,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia Vane View Post
I wouldn't consider myself a beauty, but I really prized my eyebrows. Two weeks ago, I fell and punctured my left eyebrow which required stitches. Now that it is heal, stitches remove, I have a patch of bare skin. The bare skin isn't even clear, but there's like an indention *not too concern about pink skin*, but it's darken. And it's in the inner part of my eyebrow, the outer part would had look better.. People at work tell me "oh it's healed up!" which the black/blue eye didn't bother me because I knew that was temporary, but I know I have a scarred eyebrow.

I apply Retin-A/Hydroquinone at night to get the pigmentation to blend, and sunscreen at day.

But I am at lost at words on what to do. I even told my family, I don't see anyone right now, and they told me I am too vain. I took great in my looks, and now my face looks like a scarred cat. It's like even if I was ugly, the patchy eyebrow just distracts people.

I cannot afford eyebrow transplant.
It will improve over time. Scars always look the worst in the beginning. Even if the hair doesn't grow back, it will be less noticeable and you will be able to hide it a bit with eyebrow pencil. Just give it some time.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:29 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
It's a scar, it will fade over time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty