U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 09:59 AM

13,105 posts, read 17,640,353 times

Advertisements

are you kidding me ? 35 dollars for one bra ? jeeze a petes that thing had better wash windows and cook dinner for 35 dollars . There is no sense in a bra costing that much and if we women would stop wearing bras they would go broke seriously ? I think it is ridiculous that we have to wear them in the first place but honestly the bra makers are getting out of control with the prices they are charging .My sister and I grew up wearing cotton bras and safety pins . I wonder what happened to those days are cotton bras completely gone ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 10:21 AM

5,865 posts, read 7,089,766 times
If the wire is broken, you can purchase replacement underwire. Google "replacement underwire for bras." You'll find it on Amazon and other places.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:33 AM

711 posts, read 387,688 times
IMO once a wire is broken, the bra is done. I'll pull it out of the bra to keep from getting stabbed for the remainder of the day but it's trashed when I get home. I agree that the fit of an underwire bra without the underwire just isn't the same. I've tried and it just didn't work. I've stitched ones where the wire poked out of the sides but that didn't seem to hold for more than a few wearings.

I machine wash mine as well in a front loader in a lingerie bag. My machine has a handwash setting and I've had good luck with it. They go on a hanger to dry after the wash.

If the breakage happens frequently you may want to consider a different bra. I know that a few companies now are making "underwire without the wire". I've never tried one but it sounds like they may be more supportive than a regular non-underwire.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:40 AM

540 posts, read 216,192 times
Take that bra off....it's not necessarily

Old 03-23-2017, 10:41 AM

473 posts, read 185,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Nightsong View Post
Take that bra off....it's not necessarily

And your cup size is? AAAAA invisible?

Old 03-23-2017, 10:44 AM

11,023 posts, read 6,570,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I think it is ridiculous that we have to wear them in the first place
No one is forcing you to wear one. You can also get cheap bras at Target or Wal-Mart for under $10. But just with any piece of clothing, the cheap stuff isn't going to last as long.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:59 AM

16,724 posts, read 13,670,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I am not looking to change my habits, but save some pretty underwire bras from the dumpster.
I'm a Master McGyver and I've never found a good way to save my underwires. Trust me when I say I hate putting an $80 bra in the trash (I wear a 42G).

Also, I now only buy Wacoal strapless bras. No more strap slippage and no more underwire digging because the underwire is padded like crazy.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:05 AM

540 posts, read 216,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerDarling View Post
And your cup size is? AAAAA invisible?
LMAO, ma'am

Old 03-23-2017, 11:21 AM

26,875 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Quote:
are you kidding me ? 35 dollars for one bra ? jeeze a petes that thing had better wash windows and cook dinner for 35 dollars . There is no sense in a bra costing that much and if we women would stop wearing bras they would go broke seriously ? I think it is ridiculous that we have to wear them in the first place but honestly the bra makers are getting out of control with the prices they are charging .My sister and I grew up wearing cotton bras and safety pins . I wonder what happened to those days are cotton bras completely gone ?
I would be excited to find bras in my size for $35. But they are $60-80. Not only do cheaper bras not come in my size, they also provide no support and are very uncomfortable. Without proper support, my clothing looks terrible and it is just inconvenient to not go into too many details.

Many of us don't have the luxury of relying on cheaper bras.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:23 AM

7,971 posts, read 3,869,017 times
Quote:
My $38+ bras are worth every penny. I've worn cheaper bras, and it's true that you get what you pay for. I'm not about to go without a bra (it looks terrible and feels worse), so I want something of good quality. I'm not skimping on bras. Cheap bras suck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty