U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 06:42 PM

9,168 posts, read 3,981,936 times

Advertisements

I lucked out at T.J. Maxx recently and found a really nice, comfortable bra for $6. It is a name brand which costs about $40 in the department stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 06:44 PM

16,724 posts, read 13,750,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
You found an underwire that holds up a 42G?! I'm amazed. I couldn't do that even when I was a DD.
I'm telling you, it's a dang miracle!

The bra has four hook/eyes, and supporting bars on the wide strap that goes around your body. The cups have a rubber strip on the top inside so it keeps the girls from popping out. The cups are also slightly padded so I don't have to add my "No Peaks" which are thin pads I insert in my thinner bras so my headlights don't shine (they are always on).

Not having to deal with straps falling or being too tight or uneven is now a non-issue.

https://www.wacoal-america.com/red-c...-854119-p.html

Old 03-23-2017, 07:00 PM

11,575 posts, read 5,555,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I'm telling you, it's a dang miracle!

The bra has four hook/eyes, and supporting bars on the wide strap that goes around your body. The cups have a rubber strip on the top inside so it keeps the girls from popping out. The cups are also slightly padded so I don't have to add my "No Peaks" which are thin pads I insert in my thinner bras so my headlights don't shine (they are always on).

Not having to deal with straps falling or being too tight or uneven is now a non-issue.

https://www.wacoal-america.com/red-c...-854119-p.html
You and I are the same size so, I, too, was amazed to hear that there is actually a good strapless bra out there.

I got curious and looked at Rigby and Peller. They, too, actually have some strapless styles that go up to our cup size:

https://www.rigbyandpeller.com/linge...UAAAFOyKxH3Gf7

Old 03-23-2017, 07:04 PM

16,724 posts, read 13,750,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

I got curious and looked at Rigby and Peller. They, too, actually have some strapless styles that go up to our cup size:

https://www.rigbyandpeller.com/linge...UAAAFOyKxH3Gf7
Interesting! The Primadonna is the style closest to mine. In US dollars they are $125 without shipping!

Old 03-23-2017, 07:27 PM

1,022 posts, read 450,607 times
A $35 quality bra? That would be a find! I can get by with a $65-75 bra, but I have a good friend who's a 32H. Her only options run about $130.

Anyway, for really pricey bras, I would go with one of the many shaped bags, not just a generic lingerie bag, so it holds its shape better.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bra+...hing+machine&*

Old 03-23-2017, 08:44 PM

26,918 posts, read 28,270,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMetal View Post
A $35 quality bra? That would be a find! I can get by with a $65-75 bra, but I have a good friend who's a 32H. Her only options run about $130.

Anyway, for really pricey bras, I would go with one of the many shaped bags, not just a generic lingerie bag, so it holds its shape better.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bra+...hing+machine&*
There are bras under $130 for her size I promise! (34H U.K. here). At the cheaper end Cleo / Freya. Then Fantasie. My favorite is Ewa Michalak. They run $75-$100.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:53 PM

1,022 posts, read 450,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There are bras under $130 for her size I promise! (34H U.K. here). At the cheaper end Cleo / Freya. Then Fantasie. My favorite is Ewa Michalak. They run $75-$100.
Thanks, I'll mention the Ewa to her. I'm pretty sure she knows abt the others.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:10 PM

23,993 posts, read 31,234,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Hey ladies. I got some on going Bra drama I need to advise on. Today while at work all of a sudden I heard an dreadful little snap nose and there it went.... another bra bit the dust! The underwire in one cup of the bra snapped .. which pretty much means that soon the wire would be poking out and scratching or cutting me.

I refuse to hand wash my bras. I have a wear once then wash policy for anything especially bras.. but have a front loading washer which I was told is more gentle on my clothes ( this may be BS as the person selling the machine expressed this).

So here is the problem when the underwire in the bra breaks or the metal starts poking through the side is the bra a lost cause or has anyone created a way to fix this issue? I spend a lot on bras over the years and have some really nice ones that I have had one cup that has had the underwire break. Has anyone one figured out how to fix this situation?

Please note comments like " I don't wash my bras every day", " I hand wash my bras", "I don't wear an underwire bra" or "I don't wear a bra at all" are really not helpful in addressing the question ... so no need to share these comments as I am not looking to change my habits, but save some pretty underwire bras from the dumpster.

Thanks in advance for helping to save pretty underwire bras everywhere !
I wear only underwire bras. I wash them in the washing machine and hang them to dry. I absolutely do NOT wash them after every wearing, and I think anyone that does simply has to deal with spending far more on bras than necessary.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:39 PM

26,918 posts, read 28,270,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMetal View Post
Thanks, I'll mention the Ewa to her. I'm pretty sure she knows abt the others.
I just got a bra from charnos. I hadn't seen that brand. Great size range. The underwires are a little high but not too wide. And not as high as old school panache so it is worth a look. It seems the regular price is $60-70 and it goes up to UK J.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:02 AM

473 posts, read 187,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
Very true. In my office today, there is a large-breasted woman wearing a bra that fits so poorly that her breasts are spilling out under her arms behind her. I would really like to suggest a bra fitting and a better bra, but I don't even know her name.
Problem with big breasts is that loose fit equals with zero support. Some people with small breast don't have personal experience what it is with heavy breasts. Too small cups actually sets breast for the better support and the fabric really carries part of the breast weight at best. Same with under breasts measurement, the tighter the better. I found an awesome balconette model with wires which actually pushes my breasts to stay together in the the middle of my body and my balance is better. My back and shoulders are feeling better and I have less headaches.

I don't prefer my breasts hanging low but staying up there where they should be. Also the tighter is bra, the less jiggling is during walking/exercising so the less skin is getting damages also. My mother instead has a half breast size of mine and she prefers no wires and loose models. My sister has B-cup and she prefers no bras.

I am not talking about plastic breasts but natural heavy breasts....

Try with 2 big melons, which would give the best result would be the duct tape to keep them with your body and movements but with bras the best option is to find bras tight as duct tape.

I was sitting in a minibus a few weeks ago with my older, already loosed bras and I had to keep my breast settled by my other hand and cover with a bag what I am doing with my other hand. Because that minibus jumped like a kangaroo and it really hurt. Never go by that buss again..

It is not always the looks thingy, sometimes there are practical reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty