U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-27-2017, 09:28 PM
 
9,094 posts, read 3,711,228 times
Reputation: 13393

Advertisements

I like workout shirts, long/short sleeves as undershirts, they breath better (designed for it)

to keep the shirt tucked in, get some shirt stays
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-29-2017, 09:46 PM
 
1,406 posts, read 2,741,805 times
Reputation: 1081
For the past 25 years I've worn Jockey tall man t-shirts almost exclusively. But Jockey now seems to have quality control issues or has gone cheap on consumers. I purchased two 6-pack crewneck t-shirts last summer. The lengths of the t-shirts vary, but just about all twelve are short in length. Several have become so short, it's simply not possible for the t-shirt to remain tucked in. I have older Jockey tall man t-shirts that are substantially longer.

Recently I switched to Stafford, which is JC Penney's house brand. I've found the t-shirts to be too thick. The collars also don't retain their shape (lacking spandex). If you can tolerate thick t-shirts and spandex-less collars, the Stafford brand does sell extra, extra tall t-shirts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2017, 06:46 AM
 
79 posts, read 49,697 times
Reputation: 144
Hey, y'all. I haven't been very active on here lately, so I apologize for not replying to this thread sooner. First off, to all of you who replied, thanks for the suggestions! I really appreciate the feedback.

As for finding some longer undershirts, I ended up buying 2 different brands/types from eBay (Hanes 'Big & Tall' and Fruit of the Loom 'Tall Man') and both were significantly longer than the regular crewneck undershirts I had been buying, and I really like both brands. Honestly, they are probably a little too long for me; but they are both noticeably longer than regular undershirts and both brands stay tucked in really well. However, after wearing and washing them a few times, it seems like the Hanes shirts may have started to shrink a little; as though the bottom of the shirts are starting to curl upward. However, even with the possible shrinkage, they are still longer than regular undershirts.

In case anyone is interested in buying these shirts and trying them out their self, I got them both on eBay, and the Hanes were a 3-pack for $19; and the Fruit of the Looms are either a 2-pack (1 Grey, 1 Black) for $8.50 or a 4-pack (2 Grey, 2 Black) for $15


FOTL: Fruit of the Loom Men's Tall Man Crew Neck T-Shirt's Black And Gray 2 or 4 pack | eBay

Hanes: Hanes Ultimate ComfortSoft Men's Big & Tall Crewneck Undershirt 3-Pack Black | eBay



By the way, while I'm actually on here posting, I was wondering if anyone can suggest some regular thin/lightweight crew neck undershirts that are of decent quality? I have some older regular Fruit of the Loom crewneck undershirts that I like to wear around on my days off, that are fairly long and really comfortable, and they are fairly thin, but are of pretty good quality (they don't shrink and they keep their shape, including, the neck), but I probably bought them 3-4 years ago, so I don't know where I got them from. And I have bought similar Fruit of the Loom crewneck undershirts from Walmart recently, but the quality just does not seem to be as good, and the newer FOTL undershirts seem to be shorter than the older regular undershirts that I like to wear.

So, if anyone could suggest some regular crew neck (*NOT* V-Neck) undershirts that are thin/lightweight, I would appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2017, 07:31 AM
 
Location: N of citrus, S of decent corn
34,575 posts, read 42,741,316 times
Reputation: 57252
My husband has a long torso also.

I always had to buy undershirts online. The ones I liked best were Calvin Klein tall. They were nice and substantial.

However, once we moved south, my husband rarely wears any anymore, but we needed to find a lighter weight undershirt, so we bought Lands End tall. Good quality, but not a beefy weight.

Duluth Trading has very good quality clothing and they pride themselves on making clothing that runs longer...even the regular sizes. We have not bought undershirts there, but have been happy with regular tee shirts, so you might try them also.

FYI, Lands End is having 30% off sale right now. You can't afford NOT to try them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2017, 08:21 AM
 
79 posts, read 49,697 times
Reputation: 144
Hey, thanks for the reply and for the suggestions. I haven't owned any of those brands, so I'm interested in trying them out. As for the undershirts, I'm curious, how tall is your husband? And what size Lands' End Tall undershirt did he wear? The reason I ask is because I was reading some of the reviews about the Tall Crewneck Undershirt on their website and someone mentioned that their boyfriend is 6'2'' and slender and that he actually wore a size Tall Medium, which surprises me.

I'm actually only 5'10'', but I weigh around 205 lbs. and my stomach is not what I would call ripped, slim or healthy, so that's part of why I would like some extra length on my undershirts. The main reason for wanting a lengthier undershirt, though, is because I wear undershirts with my work uniform and regular undershirts come untucked frequently and it's really annoying, so I've been trying to find a longer undershirt that will stay tucked in.

With that said, I'm thinking about trying the Lands' End Tall Large Crewneck undershirt, as it looks like it's fairly thin and comfortable, and the reviews look to be great, to go along with your recommendation of them. And with the 30% off special right now, it looks like I can get a 3-pack for around $25, depending on how much shipping might be. That's more than I would normally pay for 3 undershirts, but if the length is longer and the comfort and quality are good, it would be worth it.

Btw, do you know if Lands' End sells undershirts in a black color? Or Calvin Klein? Or Duluth Trading?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2017, 10:32 AM
 
Location: N of citrus, S of decent corn
34,575 posts, read 42,741,316 times
Reputation: 57252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Renegade View Post
Hey, thanks for the reply and for the suggestions. I haven't owned any of those brands, so I'm interested in trying them out. As for the undershirts, I'm curious, how tall is your husband? And what size Lands' End Tall undershirt did he wear? The reason I ask is because I was reading some of the reviews about the Tall Crewneck Undershirt on their website and someone mentioned that their boyfriend is 6'2'' and slender and that he actually wore a size Tall Medium, which surprises me.

I'm actually only 5'10'', but I weigh around 205 lbs. and my stomach is not what I would call ripped, slim or healthy, so that's part of why I would like some extra length on my undershirts. The main reason for wanting a lengthier undershirt, though, is because I wear undershirts with my work uniform and regular undershirts come untucked frequently and it's really annoying, so I've been trying to find a longer undershirt that will stay tucked in.

With that said, I'm thinking about trying the Lands' End Tall Large Crewneck undershirt, as it looks like it's fairly thin and comfortable, and the reviews look to be great, to go along with your recommendation of them. And with the 30% off special right now, it looks like I can get a 3-pack for around $25, depending on how much shipping might be. That's more than I would normally pay for 3 undershirts, but if the length is longer and the comfort and quality are good, it would be worth it.

Btw, do you know if Lands' End sells undershirts in a black color? Or Calvin Klein? Or Duluth Trading?
Pretty sure that Duluth does, but they are about $22. each.

My hubby is 6'1", 235 and has quite the pot. He wears XLT. Really, if you think $25. is a lot to pay for 3 undershirts....there's your problem. You get what you pay for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2017, 01:37 PM
 
79 posts, read 49,697 times
Reputation: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Pretty sure that Duluth does, but they are about $22. each.

My hubby is 6'1", 235 and has quite the pot. He wears XLT. Really, if you think $25. is a lot to pay for 3 undershirts....there's your problem. You get what you pay for.
For the record, I stated that it's more than I would normally pay, meaning that I typically pay less than that for my undershirts, not that $25 for 3 shirts is an outrageous amount. I have thought about trying out some Tommy John undershirts, but they're also relatively expensive, and without having the option to be able to buy them locally and conveniently return them, in the case that they don't fit me properly, I have been reluctant to spend significantly more than I normally spend, because I so often end up getting stuck with undershirts that I can't wear/don't fit me. If these Lands' End Tall undershirts were to end up being a good fit for me personally, are lengthy, and are comfortable to wear, then $25 would actually be money well spent and I would be happy to buy them. However, if they end up not fitting me properly and I can't/don't want to wear them, I will have wasted $25 (plus shipping, which looks to be around $8) for 3 shirts that I won't wear. Hence my apprehension on spending what will end up being around $35 for 3 shirts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2017, 02:23 PM
 
Location: N of citrus, S of decent corn
34,575 posts, read 42,741,316 times
Reputation: 57252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Renegade View Post
For the record, I stated that it's more than I would normally pay, meaning that I typically pay less than that for my undershirts, not that $25 for 3 shirts is an outrageous amount. I have thought about trying out some Tommy John undershirts, but they're also relatively expensive, and without having the option to be able to buy them locally and conveniently return them, in the case that they don't fit me properly, I have been reluctant to spend significantly more than I normally spend, because I so often end up getting stuck with undershirts that I can't wear/don't fit me. If these Lands' End Tall undershirts were to end up being a good fit for me personally, are lengthy, and are comfortable to wear, then $25 would actually be money well spent and I would be happy to buy them. However, if they end up not fitting me properly and I can't/don't want to wear them, I will have wasted $25 (plus shipping, which looks to be around $8) for 3 shirts that I won't wear. Hence my apprehension on spending what will end up being around $35 for 3 shirts.
I'm pretty sure Lands End will refund everything if you aren't happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top