U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 08:14 AM

1 posts, read 666 times

Advertisements

Homemade tips are quite best for all skin types because of they havenít any chemical content. Chemical containing products give you fastest results but they can damage your skin. i have read carefully your question. Now you have to use homemade tips to get natural beauty. Oil massage, aloe vera gel and fruit face packs are quite best for your skin type. Oils contains essential source of nutrients is repairs your skin.

Fruit face packs are available in all seasons they suitable for all skin types. And they will give you excellent results. Plenty of beauty parlors are using fruit face packs to get successful skin results. Vitamins, proteins and antioxidants rich fruits. These nourishment to your skin cells. And they can remove dead cells from your skin.

Don't use makeup frequently and remove makeup when ready to sleep. Skin takes long breath while sleeping. Oxygen needs to all skin cells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 12:43 PM

13,406 posts, read 18,063,671 times
I'm 50 +and I cannot wear makeup at all except lip tint and that is rare . I have a skin allergy that was discovered in my 20s and I have never worn makeup after that . Yeah saved a lot of money I'm sure for me . I also use plain facial soap and water and the rosewater I make myself and I have a gorgeous rose garden so why not make it myself . I also keep in the fridge which is great and makes you feel cool and comfy . I think you can tell also that I drink a lot of water too and beauty starts on the inside drink lots of water ladies that is important also . Hydrated skin has less wrinkles ,

Old 07-26-2017, 03:32 PM

480 posts, read 252,257 times
I love BeautiControl but now the company is shutting down.grrr. Dislike Mary Kay. Any Avon users?

Mae

Old 07-29-2017, 10:09 AM

422 posts, read 423,080 times
I am also looking for a better skin care routine. I noticed a lot of people here mentioned using ACV (like Bragg's) for a toner. Is that a better toner than Dickinson's With Hazel or a mild alcohol free toner like Neutrogena?

My problem is that I have aging skin, but lots of products make my face break out. I need a light moisturizer and maybe a non-drying toner. Most moisturizers these days have sunscreen, and they make my face break out. Cerave night time moisturizer works well for me in the winter but it's a little heavy for summer.

Old 07-30-2017, 05:47 PM

11,596 posts, read 19,781,772 times
I decided to go cruelty free and found Mad Hippie. Love their stuff. I use the VitC serum, the Vit A serum, and the moisturizer. And the cleanser. My skin is sensitive, I have rosacea, and it's dry...in fact I must be the only person who got drier using cleansing oils...I tried two...and was done. Liked how they cleaned but in days my skin was rough and patchy.

As for makeup...I use E L F, a stick concealer called barely there. Under my eyes, on the red cheeks and chin, blended with a damp sponge. My foundation preference is wet/dry powder, put on very lightly with a damp sponge. I've never understood why everyone says that's the heavier application, I've always found it to be the lightest. But I can't find any that are any good anymore.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:43 AM

2 posts, read 774 times
I haven't skin care and makeup recommendations. But I can tell you, in the diet not only the pursuit of health and nutrition, but also the pursuit of taste quality.A lot of exercise helps you look younger.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:43 AM

137 posts, read 64,672 times
As a woman in her 50s who has also noticed changes in her skin, I have really appreciated and enjoyed reading this thread.

I recently went back to Clarins make-up and have had good results. I switched from a powder foundation (believe me, it really does seem to emphasize pores and lines) to a tinted moisturizer with SPF 50 with good success. I, too, have quit wearing eye make-up - it just no longer works for me, and since I had to have eye surgery, ALL of it, regardless of brand, really bothers my eyes. Sometimes, I can tolerate mascara.

I have really enjoyed all of the suggestions. To the OP - consider Clarins, too!

Old 08-01-2017, 09:22 AM

65 posts, read 60,273 times
So does anyone recommend a wrinkle "filler" for daytime use? I have one from ROC, but wondering if there are any better?

I have a deep "11" between my brows - looks like I'm always angry - I hate it! I'm 49 btw, and they're deeper than I think they should be for my age.

Anyone do Botox? I'm thinking about that for the "11".

Old 08-01-2017, 09:34 AM

422 posts, read 423,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I decided to go cruelty free and found Mad Hippie. Love their stuff. I use the VitC serum, the Vit A serum, and the moisturizer. And the cleanser. My skin is sensitive, I have rosacea, and it's dry...in fact I must be the only person who got drier using cleansing oils...I tried two...and was done. Liked how they cleaned but in days my skin was rough and patchy.

As for makeup...I use E L F, a stick concealer called barely there. Under my eyes, on the red cheeks and chin, blended with a damp sponge. My foundation preference is wet/dry powder, put on very lightly with a damp sponge. I've never understood why everyone says that's the heavier application, I've always found it to be the lightest. But I can't find any that are any good anymore.
I looked at the Mad Hippie website. Looks interesting, not terribly expensive and there are a lot of good reviews on Amazon. However, it looks like Amazon sellers are not authorized.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:25 PM

11,596 posts, read 19,781,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakealope View Post
I looked at the Mad Hippie website. Looks interesting, not terribly expensive and there are a lot of good reviews on Amazon. However, it looks like Amazon sellers are not authorized.
I got mine through Vita-cost. I hate Amazon for that very reason....I've been burned with fake products from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or