U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 04:13 PM

11,599 posts, read 19,784,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellebud View Post
I thought Botox was a filler... please educate me further
Botox is used to freeze the underlying muscles so you don't make those expressions that cause the lines. Overuse means you are expressionless, so it has to be done by someone who really knows what they are doing. Fillers fill the line back up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 05:03 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,245,536 times
I'm 54 love this skin care line been using it for years now and all organic, it's might seem costly but it goes a long ways, you need just a little, mine last up to 6 months, so your actually saving money . Certified Organic Skin Care - Intelligent Nutrients!

Old 08-10-2017, 10:08 AM

864 posts, read 492,006 times
I'm 64 and have used Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion for years. Dermatologist told me to use it. In my 50's, I switched over to Lancome products such as the moisturizer R…NERGIE Lift Multi-Action Day Cream and serum they sell.

I also use instead of foundation a product by "Revision" called Intellishade SPF45 anti-aging tinted moisturizer w/ sunscreen - Because it has a moisturizer in it - I only use a little of the Lancome on my face.

I wear mascara always when I go out. I do put on a little grey-silver shadow on my lids w/ charcoal color right in the crease of my eye. All by Lancome. It's very subtle looking...I take a Q-Tip and lightly go over the eyeshadow so it is not overdone. :-)

I wear "Hot Gossip" by Mac on my lips. Revision products can only be purchased at Dermatology offices who sell it. They have a Facebook page .

Take care of your skin by not smoking and getting a lot of sun on it.

Old 08-10-2017, 11:10 AM

16,556 posts, read 9,246,457 times
My skin is changing, too, and the rosacea that plagues the rest of my family has started to become an issue. I remove eye make-up with almond oil and wash my face with Neutrogena Naturals face wash. I then spread a thin layer of 100% aloe vera on my nose and cheeks and finish with rose hip oil. In the morning, if I need a little more moisture, I use Neutrogena Naturals facial lotion. I don't wear much in the way of make-up other than a touch of mascara, a sweep of neutral eye shadow, and lip gloss if I'm going out, none of which irritate my skin.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:46 PM

38,419 posts, read 19,517,135 times
When I was younger and athletic, a boater who loved the hot sunny days I admit that I didn't do much to take of my skin. Nah I'll never get older right LOL, wrong! Now I'm taking much better care of it. This will sound funny but I took over one bathroom and call it my spa (woman cave). The ingredients on bottles were a foreign language so I did a lot of online research to learn about facials, skin care and the ingredients and then developed my skin care routine. What works for me may not work for you so research. You could write many books with all the information available.

- Hydrate (inside and out), hydrate, hydrate. For internal hydration I love fruit infused water.
- never, no matter how tire you are, go to bed with makeup on.

1. Double cleanse (first make up remover, then a mild cleanser)
2. Exfoliate (can be mechanical or chemical or fruit)
3. Tone, gets you skins back to a pH of 5.5, I think it is. Think of toning as your first step in moisturizing.
4. Apply serums for example Hyaluronic Acid, Vit C, AHA, BHA etc).
4. Moisturize (sometimes I use coconut oil)

When I want to do it more like a facial I use the steamer. I really like this one
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1?ie=UTF8&th=1

I really like and use the Foreo Mini for the second cleansing
https://www.amazon.com/FOREO-Facial-.../dp/B018T7DI4A

I use Cellulose Round Facial Sponges to make sure you remove all the cleanser off skin

Read about microdermabrasion. I use the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System although there are other options
https://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Mi...eutrogena&th=1

As we age we lose elasticity / collagen. I use a derma roller (GloPro Derma Roller) for wrinkles and it works. I'm going to try micro needling (more professional tool). Both tools are said to increase collagen production. At first it's scary but after seeing improvement, at least for me, I wanted to do it. Read carefully and watch youtube videos. Maybe start out with a 0.25 then move on to a 0.5. Don't do more than 0.5, above that go to a professional.
http://www.byrdie.com/how-to-use-a-derma-roller

Although I have the NUFACE Trinity, I'll be selling it. It works well but I can't tolerate it. Others swear by it. Anyone want to buy it
WHITE NUFACE TRINITY PRO Facial Toning Device Kit (Professional Series 400 mAmp)

Read about Korean facials

And you'll love the paper face masks (one for every complaint).
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...aper+face+mask

I hope this helps.

Last edited by petch751; 08-12-2017 at 10:26 PM..

Old 09-26-2018, 09:01 AM

27,082 posts, read 28,747,156 times
I bought this a few weeks ago and it is super effective. Day 2 and my skin was way smoother, and my pores were smaller.

https://www.sephora.com/product/beau...potion-P435800

You only need a splash or so so it’ll last a while.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:06 PM

1,427 posts, read 703,888 times
I like Evan Healy products. I stopped buying them because my budget is too tight right now, but they are good for aging, sensitive skin. The Rose line is for mature skin, the Blue line is for rosacea, Tea Tree line is for acne, etc. There are many, many products and they have trial kits.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:11 AM

27,082 posts, read 28,747,156 times
I got a sample of a retinol night oil. Shockingly I saw a difference the next day. So I think if you can find a retinol that doesn’t hate your skin it is probably a good addition.

I tried another one before but my skin was a little irritated. This oil did not cause issues at all so I think the other one was problematic.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:23 PM

11,599 posts, read 19,784,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
I need skin care and makeup recommendations. I've always had great skin. Clear and smooth. I just turned 51 and feel as if overnight my pores have become large. The texture isn't smooth. My colouring in uneven. It's dry. My make up absorbs by noon. Gets caught in my pores and lines. I stopped wearing eye makeup all together. I've always had sensitive skin and can't tolerate frangeance in anything I use. Now suddenly I feel like that has also gotten worse. After giving my skin a rest from anything for ten days I wore foundation out yesterday and my eyes watered from the moment I put it on and continued the rest of the day. I'm at a loss. I obviously need new skin care as well as makeup but don't know where to begin. Suggestions?
I love CeraVe cleanser and moisturizer. Itís made for sensitive skin.

Iíve noticed pores, too, but Iíve realized as my skin sags, the pores show up. So I use a retinol to make more collagen. It helps. Vitamin C helps with discoloration. Right now Iím using Art naturals retinol 2.5.

Always use a primer. The primers fill in the pores and lines, and foundation goes on smoother. And a cheap trick is to use one of those anti chafe lotions, because thatís pretty much what a primer is.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:04 PM

575 posts, read 165,478 times
Check out Merle Norman. I was there today for both skin care and make-up..anti aging. Walked out with a bag ful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or