U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 02:29 AM

14,640 posts, read 11,873,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I don't know what to tell you about coarsening of skin; my chin is going that way and I have no idea what to do about it. Maybe a mask? I hope someone here recommends a good one.

I am 70. People tell me I have good skin. I have been asked why I don't have wrinkles! (Actually I do have them.) Here is what I do:

Cleanse with CeraVe moisturizing cleanser. I use warm water and a soft cotton washcloth. I use a clean washcloth every night.

Moisturize with CeraVe a.m. and p.m. moisturizers, morning and night and after every shower.

I use CeraVe eye care cream morning and night.

You can buy CeraVe products in any drugstore. They seem expensive, but if you price comparable products at Ulta or Sephora, you will see they are much less expensive than designer brands. I am told that CeraVe products are recommended by dermtologists.

For makeup, I generally use Revlon products for makeup and other coverage issues because I have never found better matches for my skin with any other brand. Many brands seem to have gray or yellow undertones that don't match to my peachier skin tone. For the last 2-3 years I've been using Revlon's BB cream alone, and I've liked it fine. I am now experimenting with one of their makeup lines, and I am deciding if I like it. I compared the color to a comparable Loreal and decided the Revlon was less yellow.

I think for our older skin, we need lighter weight makeup, if we use makeup. I also think that we need to consistently moisturize. But I don't like toner, or anything with any alcohol in it. My skin does not like any sort of drying ingredient.

I do use a little blush as well, and mascara. I no longer use eye shadow and rarely do I use liner. If you watch Cindy Jacob's video about her products, she will tell you to dispense with eye makeup, as it doesn't work for most of us older women.

I am seeing posts about only using "natural" product, or not using products with "chemicals" in them. I don't know that the latter statement even means. Everything we put on our face is a sort of chemical, unless you use plain water, which is also a chemical, strictly speaking. When ever I've used "natural" products, I've gotten a reaction. I stick with products that have some research behind them, and that are beneficial. I do like CeraVe products, and can give them a strong recommendation.
I think us women have to check ingredients more in packaging and go for the ones that have taken out most of the baddies. like parabens sulphates formadehydes phthalates etc... and only do water based makeups. Rose water and witch hazel are cheap and cheerful too for the skin and far better than some of the rubbish women pay a fortune for...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 02:34 AM

14,640 posts, read 11,873,571 times
Ive just ordered this from ebay Ill report back once Ive tried it ....
Mouse over image to zoom

GOSH CC CREAM ILLUMINATING FOUNDATION SPF 10/ Anti aging/ Free Paraben/ 8 shade:

• Light coverage
• Illuminates and evens out skin tone thanks to light-reflecting pigments
• Helps skin to stay moisturised.
• Protects against the sun with SPF 10
• Anti aging
• Oil free
• Perfume and paraben free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or