U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2017, 06:29 AM

3,268 posts, read 2,193,284 times

Advertisements

Hello! My hair has been a problem for a long time. I get upset about it but im not sure what to do about it. Up until my early 30s id say my hair was my best feature. Thick, shiny, full, dark. I always got compliments on it. Around 33 id say for no particular reason other than hormones my hair started to change. It's become frizzy, coarse, dry and is basically unmanageable. Even putting it in a ponytail isnt an easy fix as i have these annoying flyaways. Also i have a few white hairs which are a very different texture.

At 35 i had my first baby, the i had my daughter at 37. That didn't help my hair either. I have thought about keratin treatments but they cost like 300 dollar and ive been told last 6 weeks. Im also still nursing my 1 year old and there are ingredients in these treatments that you cant have in your system while nursing.

I wear my hair long....but usually pull it back. Anyone have advice on how to get rid of frizz?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 06:36 AM

4,524 posts, read 4,853,516 times
Have you used the product "It's a 10"?
You can find it pretty much everywhere.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:41 AM

3,268 posts, read 2,193,284 times
No i havent. Ill check it out. That helps with frizz?

Old 03-24-2017, 11:17 AM

10,711 posts, read 19,040,812 times
Here is the hair care thread, it should help: http://www.city-data.com/forum/hair-care/

Old 03-30-2017, 01:32 PM

56 posts, read 30,923 times
I have 3 products I use for frizz

Bed Head TIGI Control Freak - Works in wet, damp, and/or dry hair. The smell isn't great, but my hair never feels weighted down and the frizz is much less. I can buy this at a local pharmacy store.

Redken Outshine 01 - This is my current favorite no-frizz product. I can only use a teeny bit in damp or wet hair, otherwise it gets greasy feeling by day 2, but it makes my hair lie flat and smooth. I got this product from my salon.

Tresseme Keratin Smooth - This helps my hair straightener tremendously, I barely have to use it after blow drying, but almost makes my hair TOO soft with no texture. I prefer the blunt layered look.

Last edited by Marshmallow Skies; 03-30-2017 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 04-05-2017, 07:41 AM

467 posts, read 350,719 times
My daughter is the one with shoulder length, very thick curly hair that tends to frizz. I got her what I use, Pro naturals Moroccan argan oil applied to wet hair mainly to the ends and partway up the length. It took a few applications but it has stopped the frizz completely and it really looks healthy, shiny and manageable now. Spoke to her last night and she is still using it. She says to tell you that she sections her hair, puts a couple of drops on her palm, smooths it on to the ends and gently smooths the rest of the length. She repeats this until all her hair has been covered. She then "combs" it through with her fingers & leaves it to air dry till it is almost dry then uses the cool shot on her hair dryer to finish. Hope this helps you but check with your Doctor first to make sure argan oil is OK whilst you are still feeding, I've given you the link so you can show the doctor the ingredients https://www.pro-naturals.com/pro-nat...argan-oil.html

Old 04-05-2017, 12:23 PM

368 posts, read 208,285 times
As I've aged, my hair has changed dramatically as well. To cut down on frizzyness, I use a coconut oil spray mist by Renpure Originals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or