Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 03:20 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times

Advertisements

My wife has a large collection of bags. Lets us see what she keeps in her bag:

Makeup, lip stick, other beauty aids.

She keeps her feminine items in there, just in case.

Mints and or gum.

wallet

Health information

Most of that stuff I have no need for. I have a wallet and have a pocket to keep that in. I guess I will pass on the purse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 03:49 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,384,993 times
I think it is smart to carry multiple items in a bag of some kind.

Homophobia.

Old 03-31-2017, 04:06 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
I think the thing that truly makes a man look "gay" is the presence of his husband/boyfriend, not a tote bag

Old 03-31-2017, 04:20 PM

1,112 posts, read 884,014 times
I hear rhat fanny packs are coming back.
Mae

Old 03-31-2017, 04:59 PM

7,057 posts, read 4,818,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parisby View Post
I carry a tote bag because it is useful for me, not only for style but it also serves a purpose for me, and I don't do it to impress anyone or draw attention to myself. I like to wear one simply because I like to, simple as that. I don't dress to impress anyone but myself, as long as I'm happy. I carry more than just phone, keys, and wallet... stuffing all that stuff inside my pants pockets with it bulging and weighing down my pants is uncomfortable. Put on a show? What show? So its wrong for a guy to be stylish and not women? And when a guy does it, it's considered gay? I've never seen so many close-minded people before.
Who says it's wrong? Do people confront you? You seem to be the only one who is attaching a stigma to your tote bag.

If you like it, use it. If other people don't like it, the hell with 'em.

Jeez. Drama much?

Old 03-31-2017, 08:43 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,160,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae Maes Garden View Post
I hear rhat fanny packs are coming back.
Mae
I remember fanny packs!!!!! They were great until people started thinking it made them look nerdy and like they gained some weight. I am glad they are coming back. Maybe, that could be an alternative for a murse (I borrowed this term from Malloric).

Old 03-31-2017, 09:00 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post

Also, its funny how you cherry picked that ONE pic from the article on "Man bags". LMAO. Why didnt you post the other pics from that article I wonder? Man Bags - 3 Top Styles To Clutch Onto - Men Style Fashion Hmmmmmm. OK, I'll post a couple for you:

So cute. Which one do you step out on the town with?

I didn't cherry pick from an article. I found the photo in google images. And I'm a woman.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 03-31-2017, 09:01 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"What's wrong with guys carrying tote bags?"

Nothing, but they can lead to lower back pain. If you have to carry that much stuff around, it's smarter to wear a backpack.
Backpacks can also cause lower back pain and posture issues. Messenger bags are actually better.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:25 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,151,256 times
just a perception, from growing up in NYC... when I see a man with a tote bag I think "teacher" "library nerd" "social worker" "liberal" "public radio/tv sponsor" . It is always going to look like a granny bag or purse, even with cross and bones or whatever bad boy graphics you put on it.

Most men that use bags will use a brief case or back pack. something that is quick to take off, and items stay secure inside, with a zipper. Tote bags are always going to look/feel like I am holding my wifes purse. Man purse, looks like my wifes purse. Fanny packs are weird too, but not as bad when worn above your fanny,

Old 04-01-2017, 08:59 AM

4,227 posts, read 6,905,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
just a perception, from growing up in NYC... when I see a man with a tote bag I think "teacher" "library nerd" "social worker" "liberal" "public radio/tv sponsor" . It is always going to look like a granny bag or purse, even with cross and bones or whatever bad boy graphics you put on it.

Most men that use bags will use a brief case or back pack. something that is quick to take off, and items stay secure inside, with a zipper. Tote bags are always going to look/feel like I am holding my wifes purse. Man purse, looks like my wifes purse. Fanny packs are weird too, but not as bad when worn above your fanny,
messenger bags are easier on my back, more secure when im out in public/on public transit, quicker to take off and access than a bookbag, and keeps my hands free unlike a brief case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty