U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 02:44 AM

2,116 posts, read 1,059,922 times

Advertisements

This is the most hilarious thread I've seen in a long time.

Unlike women, men in modern times are incredibly timid about fashion. Women wear (and carry) anything they want to, but men are completely paralyzed by worrying about what other people will think of them and their accessories. Man up, guys! If you want to wear a bag, do it! If you don't want to, don't make fun of people who do. That only shows your insecurity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 02:57 AM

17,159 posts, read 22,167,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parisby View Post
What's your opinion about guys carrying tote bags? I find it very functional and very fashionable, but I notice there seem to be a lot of close minded "macho" rednecks here that seem to think that it's "gay" for a guy to carry one. I seriously think America is so far behind the rest of the world when it comes to these kind of things, and I'm getting a bit annoyed at how ignorant and rude some of the people here can be.

so far behind the rest of the world??

well,,,take a gander at Caitlyn jenner ... she/he carries a purse now
this will enlighten you,,,, have any men in Europe ..get voted "woman of the year"???????

Old 03-30-2017, 03:01 AM

7,108 posts, read 2,891,028 times
Well, you carry your cell phone, keys, Bluetooth head phones etc. not a bad idea. Pockets are full now days...

Old 03-30-2017, 09:09 AM

2,608 posts, read 1,113,033 times
For the ultimate fashion statement, let's look to the Big Bang Theory guys and their ubiquitous shoulder bags.

I hate that women's clothes have no pockets, or if they do, like some jeans, the pockets are so non-functional you can't even wedge your hand in there. Even keys won't fit. Hardly any of my clothes have pockets. Purses are a drag (literally), but what can you do?

Down here, we have to carry lots of cash, which I hate. Almost no one takes credit cards. So we both resorted to cargo pants for cash-carrying so we can zipper it in. Same with passports, when they are required. I feel a bit safer than all of it in a purse....

I'm fine with a man carrying some kind of bag. Never thought about it twice. Then they won't be asking US to "stick this in your purse", like someone else said.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:52 AM

23,605 posts, read 30,327,697 times
Quote:
Certain age? You must be pretty old then, assuming that the guy was in his late 20's and he's way too young for you. Get with the times or perhaps get out of the woods. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a guy carrying a bag or clutch these days. You people are living in the 1900's or something.
Some of us were actually born in the early- to mid-1900s. So shoot us! Back in the day we carried the necessaries in our pockets and didn't require cargo pants to haul a bunch of stuff. With the advent of cell phones (yes, we were raised and adults long before they appeared) we carried them on our belts. Anything else such as work related items we carried in brief cases. Imagine that.

Carrying a bag or clutch? I think not. But y'all metrosexuals have at it! Most of us could be classified as retrosexuals and are comfortable with that.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:09 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,231,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
What are you bringing with you going to the store? I personally don't even understand why women bring purses everywhere. Half the time they don't even need 'em! Its just fashion and guys don't really give a *** about that. I'm gay but, I dress casually. I don't need to carry a bag with me to go to the mall. My phone and wallet are in my pocket and anything I buy is in the shopping bags. Same thing for walking around. Why do you need a massive bag for that? Lol I hate carrying extra stuff. Only reason I'd bring a bag is if I'm doing photography with a camera.

EDIT: Wait, there is a reason women might need a purse. And its got to do with tampons, so I dunno why a man would need one
Funny thing is my wife is trying to move away from carrying purses. She has a small one she keeps when she needs to carry something. When we go to the store she will ask if I am bringing my wallet. I know that's code for "I don't want to bring my purse if I don't have to". She says she feels a lot more comfortable not carrying a purse.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:21 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,231,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
This is the most hilarious thread I've seen in a long time.

Unlike women, men in modern times are incredibly timid about fashion. Women wear (and carry) anything they want to, but men are completely paralyzed by worrying about what other people will think of them and their accessories. Man up, guys! If you want to wear a bag, do it! If you don't want to, don't make fun of people who do. That only shows your insecurity.
Not all men. Not even most if you are talking men under a certain age. Some men just don't see the need of adding an extra layer of accessories if they don't personally need it. Not choosing something doesn't mean a particular man is insecure about himself. Maybe just doesn't see the need for that item.

Old 03-30-2017, 01:19 PM

3,417 posts, read 2,895,243 times
Quote:
Certain age? You must be pretty old then, assuming that the guy was in his late 20's and he's way too young for you. Get with the times or perhaps get out of the woods. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a guy carrying a bag or clutch these days. You people are living in the 1900's or something.
That was pretty harsh and uncalled for. Kinda rude actually. She was just responding to your question. No need for that type of response dude.

Old 03-30-2017, 01:38 PM

101 posts, read 347,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
That was pretty harsh and uncalled for. Kinda rude actually. She was just responding to your question. No need for that type of response dude.
Rude responses require a rude reply. Maybe she should've thought of that before responding with such an arrogant tone, then perhaps I would've responded differently.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:04 PM

6,121 posts, read 3,318,365 times
Quote:
A "clutch?" Hah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty