U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 09:22 AM

4,554 posts, read 2,027,387 times

Advertisements

What's wrong with it? NOTHING.

I've always said that in the next life, MEN get to carry the dang purse! They've got off very easy on this issue for too long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 11:23 AM

21,472 posts, read 22,724,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
What's wrong with it? NOTHING.

I've always said that in the next life, MEN get to carry the dang purse! They've got off very easy on this issue for too long.
RIght? "Babe, can you put my phone and my wallet and my keys and my sunglasses in your purse?" "Do you have a tissue or gum or Advil?" No. Carry your own stuff.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:36 AM

749 posts, read 365,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parisby View Post
What's your opinion about guys carrying tote bags? I find it very functional and very fashionable, but I notice there seem to be a lot of close minded "macho" rednecks here that seem to think that it's "gay" for a guy to carry one. I seriously think America is so far behind the rest of the world when it comes to these kind of things, and I'm getting a bit annoyed at how ignorant and rude some of the people here can be.
So it's okay for you to call people "close minded macho rednecks" and condemn America as "behind the rest of the world" but heaven forbid somebody makes a comment on your man purse.

Interesting.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:59 AM

23,605 posts, read 30,350,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Driver View Post
So it's okay for you to call people "close minded macho rednecks" and condemn America as "behind the rest of the world" but heaven forbid somebody makes a comment on your man purse.

Interesting.
If my country and I are those things because as a guy I don't want to carry a so-called "man purse" and believe that to be mutually exclusive terms, I'm glad and simply consider the source.

Old 04-01-2017, 01:02 PM

10,404 posts, read 7,492,263 times
Just something else for him to lose....

Old 04-01-2017, 01:05 PM

749 posts, read 365,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
If my country and I are those things because as a guy I don't want to carry a so-called "man purse" and believe that to be mutually exclusive terms, I'm glad and simply consider the source.
I carry a leather briefcase/attache case/satchel handbag virtually everywhere I go. It has a handle, and it came equipped with a shoulder strap. But I don't use the shoulder strap because I prefer to carry it in my hand.

I really don't care what the OP or anybody else carries.

But if he comes flouncing up to me with a bright pastel man purse and DEMANDS that I acknowledge it as awesome, and proclaim him a real man, I'm probably going to "show him the next exit."

Old 04-01-2017, 05:10 PM

2,615 posts, read 1,119,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
RIght? "Babe, can you put my phone and my wallet and my keys and my sunglasses in your purse?" "Do you have a tissue or gum or Advil?" No. Carry your own stuff.

This is so true and funny! "Do you have something to write with/on? Can you carry the phone, its too big? Can you hold my keys, they're poking me in my pocket? Nail clippers? Where's the airline reservations? Do you have any gum/mints/Dramamine? Flashlight? Tissues? Baby-wipes??" and so on.

This thread is hilarious.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:35 PM

416 posts, read 257,104 times
Messenger bag or shoulder strap bag I don't mind so much. But to see a man carrying a tote like a purse, I don't like it at all. In a city where you are taking public transport maybe. Other than that, no for me. Fanny packs are a big no as well. I realize they are functional but you lose your man card if you wear one. Use cargo pants if you need more storage.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:23 PM

6,122 posts, read 3,326,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Driver View Post
I carry a leather briefcase/attache case/satchel handbag virtually everywhere I go. It has a handle, and it came equipped with a shoulder strap. But I don't use the shoulder strap because I prefer to carry it in my hand.

I really don't care what the OP or anybody else carries.

But if he comes flouncing up to me with a bright pastel man purse and DEMANDS that I acknowledge it as awesome, and proclaim him a real man, I'm probably going to "show him the next exit."
Yeah, but do you ever get the urge to "clutch" it?

Old 04-01-2017, 10:33 PM

22,738 posts, read 21,787,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parisby View Post
What's your opinion about guys carrying tote bags? I find it very functional and very fashionable, but I notice there seem to be a lot of close minded "macho" rednecks here that seem to think that it's "gay" for a guy to carry one. I seriously think America is so far behind the rest of the world when it comes to these kind of things, and I'm getting a bit annoyed at how ignorant and rude some of the people here can be.
I find this post rather rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty