U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-27-2017, 11:04 AM
 
Location: New Caney, TX
652 posts, read 506,777 times
Reputation: 684

Advertisements

I would personally never use a Murse, but if you like it, more power to ya!

I use a regular ole tech book bag with build in USB chargers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-27-2017, 11:11 AM
 
14,814 posts, read 18,825,463 times
Reputation: 11777
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
I've stopped wearing my tiara to the gym for the exact same reason.
Why?
wear whatever you want

I rather you wear a Tiara than a big a... mexican sombrero that blocks my view

My wife gets on me about wearing swimshorts and go around in sandals with socks
If somebody doesn't like it .... don't look
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2017, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Houston, Tx
184 posts, read 157,219 times
Reputation: 191
I'll stick to a backpack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2017, 11:25 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
1,230 posts, read 965,607 times
Reputation: 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
I don't even know many of us women that call it a "tote bag".
When I hear "tote bag" I see this:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2017, 11:36 AM
 
101 posts, read 347,894 times
Reputation: 58
Yeah exactly, that's what a tote bag is... of course you had to show the one that looks super feminine with the bright colors and flowers all over it... You can get tote bags in many different designs and colors. Don't know why so many guys, especially from Texas are so hung up about this. It's like they're stuck in the closet. I respect people who have an open mind about things like this and aren't so quick to judge others saying that it's "gay" to wear this or that. It's like those type of guys have something to prove. I never seen so many of those types anywhere else but here. However I'm not surprised to see that most locals who were born and raised here seem to all carry the same "mentality".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2017, 11:51 AM
 
Location: Houston
188 posts, read 115,248 times
Reputation: 222
I have an Oakley tote bag that I've carried to work a few times to bring a dish for pitch-in lunches, and even then I feeling like I'm holding my wife's purse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2017, 11:56 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,820 posts, read 30,068,682 times
Reputation: 17698
Quote:
Originally Posted by parisby View Post
Yeah exactly, that's what a tote bag is... of course you had to show the one that looks super feminine with the bright colors and flowers all over it... You can get tote bags in many different designs and colors. Don't know why so many guys, especially from Texas are so hung up about this. It's like they're stuck in the closet. I respect people who have an open mind about things like this and aren't so quick to judge others saying that it's "gay" to wear this or that. It's like those type of guys have something to prove. I never seen so many of those types anywhere else but here. However I'm not surprised to see that most locals who were born and raised here seem to all carry the same "mentality".
I've never seen a dude carrying one of those in a mall. They usually use small back packs aka day packs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2017, 12:01 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,820 posts, read 30,068,682 times
Reputation: 17698
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC View Post
I have an Oakley tote bag that I've carried to work a few times to bring a dish for pitch-in lunches, and even then I feeling like I'm holding my wife's purse.
We have to use our own bags or get charged for them so that is the ONLY time I'll be toting a tote bag. A backpack is hands free nothing sliding off the shoulder. I actually hate that about my computer bag. It is for one shoulder and it is always sliding off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2017, 12:18 PM
 
559 posts, read 861,920 times
Reputation: 626
Most men that I know just wear the backpacks, and most are not the designer kind. I see no problem with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2017, 12:20 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,820 posts, read 30,068,682 times
Reputation: 17698
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejamiller View Post
Most men that I know just wear the backpacks, and most are not the designer kind. I see no problem with them.
This^


But I guess some enjoy solutions for problems that don't exist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top