U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what are the most stylish type of sandals for a guy to wear?
Flip Flops 6 14.29%
Slides 2 4.76%
Sporty 13 30.95%
Fisherman 12 28.57%
Other 9 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 10:26 AM

245 posts, read 92,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Wow, funny to hear such strong feelings about this! No one wears closed shoes around here. Even the construction workers---flip flops. I haven't noticed any bad-looking feet, and I do tend to notice those things. We wear flip flops around the house or pool and Chaco-Teva type sandals going "out".

No more socks for us! At least I got DH out of the Birkenstocks (and yes, a felony, sometimes socks in the winter---just yuck!
Equator? Maybe it depends where ones live? In super warm climates (SoCal, Florida) or climates in which the summers are very short (i.e. midwest), flip flops seem to be more acceptable. In locations like the east coast or inner city (let's say Boston, NYC), not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
My hubby wears these: Mephisto Shark Dark Brown/Black Waxy Leather - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

Lifetime service and he's had the soles replaced on one pair after wearing them daily for three years and off and on for four years before that. He says these are the most comfortable sandals he's ever had. He bought a second pair when the first had to go in for repair.

Southern Florida so you see more sandals and flip flops than anything else.
Thanks for the suggestion. At least he doesn't have to worry about those falling off lol.

Edit: WHOA! Just noticed they are $300! I've never spent anywhere near that much for shoes let alone sandals, heh.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Depends on what you're wearing and where you are going.
Flip flops fine for beach, running to supermarket.

Out for casual dinner, sporty or fisherman.
I was thinking maybe flip flops for super casual stuff....and then either "nicer" sandals or the canvas sneakers for the other stuff. Or just sneakers and forget about the sandals/flip flops because there does seem to be a lot of hate for them lol.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:55 AM

19,036 posts, read 10,056,661 times
I voted for sporty. They are popular around here and open enough to be comfortable and cool. If there's too much shoe, what's the point of wearing sandals if most of your foot is covered up? I do think they are just for very casual events where you'd wear shorts and a t shirt, and a boat shoe or something like that is a little bit nice like going out to a sit down restaurant.

Old 03-30-2017, 12:19 PM

5,165 posts, read 2,395,591 times
Knarly bare feet & red toenail polish

Old 03-30-2017, 12:32 PM

4,110 posts, read 1,720,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
I prefer boat shoe for men's casual. Most men have hairy ugly feet.
X1000.

Men in sandals = nope.

Old 03-30-2017, 01:43 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 1,793,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm4256 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. At least he doesn't have to worry about those falling off lol.

Edit: WHOA! Just noticed they are $300! I've never spent anywhere near that much for shoes let alone sandals, heh.
Honestly? Wear what is comfortable to you. Forget what 'everyone else' does. Your back will thank you if you just wear shoes that fit well and are comfortable and give you the support your feet need. If your feet sweat then wear sandals or even flip flops. Personally I don't like wearing flip flops. They irritate the heck out of me with the shoe slapping at the bottom of my heal every step. Not to mention the "slap slap" sound when walking. But that is a personal thing for me. It doesn't bother me when others wear them. I wish I could because they are super easy to just throw on and look nicely cool and casual when the look calls for that.

I love that he spent that much on a pair of shoes (let alone 2 pair!)....he cannot EVER say anything about how much I have ever spent on a pair of shoes. I have never spent that much on even 3 pairs at one time! ROFL.

He has flat feet and these give him the support that he needs.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:32 PM

416 posts, read 256,918 times
I like the sporty or fishermen, because too much of men's feet is never good. lol Canvas is good as well. Flip flops no...

Old 03-30-2017, 08:13 PM

5,738 posts, read 4,583,643 times
Whatever is most comfortable to you.
I wouldn't really worry about what anyone else thinks, they're YOUR feet.

Life is too short to put up with people who would judge your footwear. lol

Old 03-30-2017, 09:46 PM

322 posts, read 172,069 times
Out of all those options I'd say none. I guess slides are alright however..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or