U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 03:34 PM

1,423 posts, read 2,939,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I do like the Estee Lauder Double Wear, though it can be pricey. Lately I've been using the Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation & Concealer with fairly satisfactory results.

I've read good things about the Kat Von D Lock-It foundation, but I found it didn't have very good staying power for me.
I have not tried Estee Lauder Double Wear or Clinique so will be checking that out, thanks for the advise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
Best one I've used is Estee Lauder Double Wear. I have oily skin. It's not totally matte, but not too dewy either. Besides, you can always use a little powder to make it more matte. I find that I do not even need powder when I wear this foundation because it makes my skin look so much better.
This sounds good, I will try it, thanks for the info!

Old 03-29-2017, 03:43 PM

Thanks ladies, I will be on the hunt! Keep them coming please, I have already looked at some high end make ups and none did the job. KEEP FOUNDATION RECOMMENDATIONS COMING FOR GOOD COVERAGE (my skin is not as oily as it used to be but I prefer the matte finish). Thank again!

Old 03-29-2017, 04:03 PM

8,323 posts, read 13,156,940 times
Have you tried Tarte's foundation yet? If you have an Ulta or Sephora near you, I recommend checking it out. Stuff lasts me all day, even through sweating.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:46 PM

11,439 posts, read 19,468,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
Please, please, please... tell me what foundation you love that has good coverage and matte finish since I have oily and sun damaged skin, I have used Prescriptives for years, the virtual matte oil control satin matte finish medium to full coverage but they have been out of stock for months and I have to find something new because in a week I will be out of foundation. I have a feeling they are going to discontinue this line of foundation, I hope not because it is great. JUST NAME YOUR FAVORITE MAKEUP IN THE WORLD THAT HAS GOOD COVERAGE. Thanks!
Cover FX Cover Drops. It's just pigment, so you make your own by mixing these with your moisturizer or serum. Can't use them alone. They come in a wide range of colors, you can make the coverage light or heavier by adding more drops.

I fell off from using anything because I hate how foundation or tinted moisturizer feels, but I mix a drop with my moisturizer and apply and I look natural, but like I've used a tinted moisturizer (my preference) but not feeling like I did. My skin is drier, so a tinted moisturizer isn't moisturizing enough, but I add a moisturizer, and it a tinted moisturizer is too much. And so is foundation...feel gloppy on.

Cover Drops, though, was just right. Not cheap, but in my opinion a good value. Mine has lasted over a year.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:33 PM

19,428 posts, read 9,758,489 times
Makeup forever ultra HD. If you have a Sephora near you, you can get samples of different foundations to try out. Estee Lauder double wear is another good one, and you can get a sample of it to try at the Estee Lauder counter.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:48 PM

88 posts, read 34,269 times
Becca has a great one. It's thin and provides nice coverage and good for oily skin, I find it stays out all day and doesn't oxidize to a weird color. Sephora carries the line, I would take a trip there and test the colors. That brand is hard to color match from online choices.

Not quite as matte finish but it's more of a demi matte is inglot the ysm hd cream. I prefer this one in the winter when my skin is oily but I still need a bit more moisture.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:36 AM

304 posts, read 179,911 times
Kat von D Lock it foundation also at sephora

Old 03-30-2017, 09:30 AM

4,825 posts, read 5,449,558 times
I have not used it, but you might like Maybelline Matte + Poreless Fit Me Foundation. Beautypedia gave it a 5 Star rating. It's on the border between light and medium coverage, but they say you can layer it where you need more coverage. And the review says it blurs over pores instead of settling into them.

Matte + Poreless Fit Me Foundation

Old 03-30-2017, 09:43 AM

3,940 posts, read 6,403,093 times
I used Makeup Forever and really liked it. They discontinued the one I was using (of course) and went to a new blend. I could not find a color match even though they have plenty to choose from.

I have dry skin, fair, sun damage, mature

Now using Dior Skin Airflash -- its more expensive but I like it and was giving up trying to find something that worked.

It sprays on- I spray it on the fleshy part of my hand (make a fist) and then apply with a
beauty blender (which I love). It covers, looks great, and lasts. I do not spray it directly on my face. I'd rather have the control and I think that spraying it is wasteful.

Why not check out Sephora's website and look at all that is available along with the colors. I went to Sephora a number of times to have them put foundation on me to get the match and type I wanted. Also to have someone else do the color matching. Tried several foundations and just wore it out of the store each time to see how it looked and felt later. Sometimes it IS just trial and error.

Foundations alone they have ..wow 253! Foundation Makeup | Sephora
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or