U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2017, 10:03 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,944,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Not as comfortable.
Not as form flattering.
Looks sloppy.
I'm not a woman but I find it surprising that yoga pants are more comfortable than jogging pants/track pants (it just seems uncomfortable to be walking around with a wedgie all day) ?

Last edited by stanley-88888888; 04-03-2017 at 10:17 AM..

Old 04-03-2017, 11:09 AM

26,879 posts, read 28,176,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
I'm not a woman but I find it surprising that yoga pants are more comfortable than jogging pants/track pants (it just seems uncomfortable to be walking around with a wedgie all day) ?
Yoga pants and leggings do not give you a permanent wedgie.

Old 04-03-2017, 12:31 PM

35,821 posts, read 39,399,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondaroo View Post

And for all the pearl clutching over how no one ever wore stuff like this 10 years ago or whatever - they've been around since the advent of spandex in the 80s.
Seriously. Spandex bike shorts were worn when I was a middle schooler 1988-1991.

Old 04-03-2017, 01:45 PM

11,079 posts, read 6,590,014 times
Quote:
I'm guessing that since you are not a woman that you have not actually worn yoga pants. How then can you comment on how uncomfortable they are? I have a few different brands/styles of yoga pants that I wear to the gym or any other time I'm doing something active. None of them give me a wedgie. If they did, that would mean I'm wearing the wrong size. I don't buy clothes that don't fit me properly.

Old 04-03-2017, 01:56 PM

11,079 posts, read 6,590,014 times
Quote:
aside from the bolded (which is the reason from the women i know they deny that is the reason they wear them) why not just wear jogging pants ?
Because I don't want to wear jogging pants. That is all the reason you need.

Old 04-03-2017, 02:06 PM

27,524 posts, read 17,669,809 times
The only person I care about when it comes to judging my clothes is my husband.

I go to the gym in the morning, run errands, come home cook and clean, exercise the dogs; and then after my husband gets home we may go paddle board or ride bikes or something.

I asked him if he felt it was complacent that I was in gym clothes (albeit cute ones ) everyday and he is fine with that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 04-03-2017, 02:44 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,364,995 times
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Many believe they can *dress up* spandex, leggings, jeggings, or any number of the other items that should be limited to the gym.
Actually you can if you.... you just need to choose the correct type. There are all sorts of pants made from that material. It all depends on the fabric. Check out this brand call Hue. Same type of fabric and comfort ... but they dont look like pants for the gym. Fab fit... I could work out in them if I wanted to as well.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:21 PM

368 posts, read 209,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post

I think the OP and those who share her views should just move on with their complaints about women who wear these types of clothes everyday. I think anyone who complains about the choices others make in their attire should just shut up or move to a country where there is no freedom.

Where I live, most people are active, so really its kinda less likely to see a woman in something other than leggings than one wearing them. Only exception is if they are going to the office (work clothes) or if they are older and not active.
There is not one sentence in my OP in which I am disparaging other people's choices. I shared my experience of what I see here in Colorado versus the fact I didn't see it when I traveled to the Midwest. Hence my question, is this a trend elsewhere.....after all, this is the F&B forum.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:34 PM

254 posts, read 127,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
I actually like the look of leggings with loose, super-long tunics, but I haven't found many that are long enough to cover everything, so I mainly use leggings as a second pair of tights under jeans in cold weather. I don't know whether I just have a long torso or whether there's not a market for extremely long tops, because people think their spandexy, jersey-ish bottoms provide adequate coverage. Maybe if more long tops were available, people would wear them and we would be spared views like those in those awful photos. Although if those folks knew how they looked from the rear, and sometimes from the front, I suspect they wouldn't walk out the front door.
I find lots of long tops on Amazon. I have this one in three colors that I pair with leggings and either a long necklace or a scarf. I'm 5'4" and it comes down about 5" past my fingertips, so everything is definitely covered.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 04-03-2017, 04:05 PM

9,126 posts, read 3,940,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Here are some examples of Yoga Pant Fails -- pretty funny . I think these are the ones people are complaining about.

OMG! Too flippin' funny. I wonder how many of these were taken at a Wal-Mart because some of the people in there must not own a full length mirror or they just don't care what they look like. Besides the fact that yoga/spandex doesn't look good on many people they also make your vagina a host for yeast infections. Just because they make them in a size 4X doesn't mean they should be worn outside of the house.

As I walked out of my gym today in my work-out clothes it hit me why some women wear these all the time. Maybe they are saying "hey, look at me, I go to the gym, I work out, I'm not a couch potato". What do you guys think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty