Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2017, 05:41 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times

Advertisements

Again I think terminology:

tights: very thin, one step up from nylons (sometimes textured). Meant to worn under something
Leggings: female attire. Meant to be worn under a tunic or something that covers the butt
Workout leggings: thicker, good ones can be worn with short tops
Yoga pants: fitted workout wear, normally with a wide waist band and not fitted past the knee
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-28-2017, 06:20 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,546,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
If you're looking at asses, I guess.
yes i'm a pervert.

Old 04-28-2017, 06:27 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,546,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Are women supposed to segregate themselves when working out, should we not be allowed to work out near men? Seriously, now people are acting like wearing a sports bra while jogging is seen as nefarious?! Why can't men just not be creeps, that sounds like a better idea then shaming women who wear sports bras and yoga pants while working out.
people arent working out at the mall or in line at the dmv.
its like a bikini: at the beach its normal; on the t its like wtf ?

Old 04-28-2017, 06:48 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,106,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Working out is one thing, shopping or running errands in something else. You expect men to avert their eyes? Silly girl!!
Is it "something else" though? I mean, if it's silly to expect men to "avert their eyes" wouldn't that be a silly expectation everywhere? Are you saying men "avert their eyes" at the gym? But not at the grocery store?

Personally, I learned by age 12 that men are going to look, stare, and comment (etc...) no matter what I was wearing. Pregnant? Cat-calls. On the way into the doctors office with the flu? "Mm-mmm, damn..." Walking with my kids into the craft store? "Hey! Hey pretty lady!"

I learned quickly, of course, which men I wanted to avoid. And which ones are decent guys.

So to base wardrobe choices off men "averting their eyes" is utter nonsense. Maybe all men look, but the creepy ones are the ones who get caught looking. Probably the same ones who go into the "relationships" forum and complain about how they can't get dates with attractive women. Not my problem. I bet attractive nuns get hit on.

Old 04-28-2017, 06:54 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,106,242 times
And, as this thread has illustrated, it's not just men who "look"
Clearly many, many women are actively checking out each other's butts and genitals

So why are we worried about men??

Old 04-28-2017, 08:19 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,968,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
people arent working out at the mall or in line at the dmv.
its like a bikini: at the beach its normal; on the t its like wtf ?
Again, the poster I was responding to was specifically complaining about women wearing "jogging bras" while out jogging. Most people are not jogging through the mall or the line at the DMV.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:33 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,968,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
And, as this thread has illustrated, it's not just men who "look"
Clearly many, many women are actively checking out each other's butts and genitals

So why are we worried about men??
Why should I be worried about any person? Unless they want to buy me a new wardrobe, I'll stick to wearing what I want to wear. I'm concerned about what anyone, male OR female, thinks about my clothes.

Today was a rainy, lounge around the house day. When my SO other got home from work he asked if I wanted to go to the store with him. It was just a quick run to the store, so I didn't change. While at the store I asked if he liked my "flash dance" look ( capri yoga pants, a slightly baggy sweater and a sports bra). He jokingly told me my look was more trash panda, less flash dance. Maybe other people silently judged me for not getting all dressed up for the grocery store. Then again they were doing construction inside the store so I'm sure most people were more concerned about the loud jack hammering and less concerned about what my butt and genitals looked like in my yoga pants.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:29 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,842,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krug View Post
Perhaps I should start wearing only my JOCK on a hot summer's day, since it's athletic apparel, and please don't shame me. Imagine if a did wear only my jock, Nefarious....hell I'd be in jail in 10 minutes.
Well if you go hiking in your jock, why should you have to go home and change before you go to the grocery store in your jock, right? Maybe people shouldn't judge, and I'm sure they're jealous. Besides, it's noisy in there, no one notices a guy with burrs, tics, scratches and thorns all over, in a jock.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:40 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,842,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondaroo View Post
Exactly. Camel Toe is a symptom of ill-fitting pants, and happen in jeans as well as yoga pants. And that photo with the young lady in shorts? She's jammed the fabric up where it should not be, for the photo.

Your comment makes little sense.

Lycra is another name for elastane, just like Spandex. A very large percentage of fabrics now include elastane, including the denim for jeans. Most of my work blouses have it in them, even. A stat I found online is that "an estimated 80% of clothing sold in the United States contained spandex in 2010.[5]" (from Wikipedia)"
There's no difference? 100% lycra in lycra spandex which is the same as painted on, and 1 - 5% spandex in jeans with lycra included so they move with you better, are the same?
Who makes little sense?

Old 04-29-2017, 08:46 AM

393 posts, read 407,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, you were the one talking about how conservstive you are for wearing shorts over tights. Everyone wears clothing over their tights, its not something only those who dress conservatively do. Its a perfectly normal thing that everyone does.
This is the exact opposite of what we are discussing. Many women wear tights with NO clothing over them, and is this appropriate?. (again it's a question not a statement, at least from me)

Why does the word "conservative" throw SOME people into a hissy fit. To them conservative must mean right wing ultra religious, pious, judgemental, GOP, whatever. Conservative for me actually means conserve, or perhaps, restraint. It's just that way I am; thus for you to judge me because of the way I was raised actually means you are the "bad one".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.