U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2017, 01:06 PM

11,019 posts, read 6,570,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krug View Post
This is the exact opposite of what we are discussing. Many women wear tights with NO clothing over them, and is this appropriate?. (again it's a question not a statement, at least from me)
I've never seen a woman wearing tights with nothing else. Where do you see many women dressing like this? Google images doesnt count.

Quote:
Why does the word "conservative" throw SOME people into a hissy fit. To them conservative must mean right wing ultra religious, pious, judgemental, GOP, whatever. Conservative for me actually means conserve, or perhaps, restraint. It's just that way I am; thus for you to judge me because of the way I was raised actually means you are the "bad one".
I know what it means to dress conservatively. I never said anything about politics, and I never said anything to judge you.

Old 04-29-2017, 02:16 PM

3,417 posts, read 2,895,243 times
Cannot believe this thread is still going strong.

What is comes down to in most situations, at least with many I see who are not just college students, is its based on lifestyle. Some people lead very active lifestyles where they may go from yoga studio to the gym, or from cycling class to the market then to yoga. Its lifestyle clothing choices.

You arent going to see anyone complaining and starting threads titled "Ladies who wear cowboy/country/western gear every day, why?". They arent on the farm. They arent wranglin' steer. They arent barrel racing.

Stop worrying about what women choose to wear. If you dont like it, look away. If you are super fat yourself and would look ridiculous wearing those clothes outside of the gym, but are secretly jealous of the sexy women who wear them and the attention they get from men, then.......just start threads on the internet about them.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:42 PM

647 posts, read 228,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
There's no difference? 100% lycra in lycra spandex which is the same as painted on, and 1 - 5% spandex in jeans with lycra included so they move with you better, are the same?
Who makes little sense?
Any stretchy fabric is going to be a percentage of spandex (aka lycra aka elastane) mixed with cotton, polyester, nylon, or other fibres. I have jeans that are 4% spandex, and the boot legged yoga pants I'm wearing are 12%. More stretchy, but not by that much. And they fit looser than some of my jeans.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:29 AM

3,656 posts, read 1,195,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Working out is one thing, shopping or running errands in something else. You expect men to avert their eyes? Silly girl!!
My gym has a supermarket right next door in the same strip mall. Why the hell should I drive 6 miles home just to change clothes just to go back out and pick up a few things I need after I am done at the gym?

It's called "consolidating errands." Some of us learned how to do this back when the gas prices were up over $4.00/gallon. Some of us still do it, especially with prices on the rise again.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:54 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,237,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
I'm from Denver, and ladies here wear active gear/spandex as their everyday wardrobe.
Now planning my next trip to Denver.

Old 05-01-2017, 04:58 PM

5,643 posts, read 6,456,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
My gym has a supermarket right next door in the same strip mall. Why the hell should I drive 6 miles home just to change clothes just to go back out and pick up a few things I need after I am done at the gym?

It's called "consolidating errands." Some of us learned how to do this back when the gas prices were up over $4.00/gallon. Some of us still do it, especially with prices on the rise again.
So you can't pitch another pair of pants in your bag and switch at the gym? Or a tunic top or a skirt? Come on...

Old 05-01-2017, 06:06 PM

26,868 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Quote:
So you can't pitch another pair of pants in your bag and switch at the gym? Or a tunic top or a skirt? Come on...
If I am already out - then I am just going to keep on what I have on. I tend to wear longerbtops witgntge workout pants. If i feel too exposed then I'll bring a cardigan. But if you are combining trips why change. At the end of the day. It hardly matters - assuming the place doesn't need anything more formal than activewear. If you are going to a play - well it is not appropriate.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:31 PM

3,656 posts, read 1,195,393 times
Quote:
That's not going to work when I am coming back from bike trailhead parking with my bike in the back of my car. What do you suggest then? There's no place to change on the bike trails I ride on, and I frequently do grocery runs on my way home from bike rides because I drive right by a supermarket.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:42 PM

27,470 posts, read 17,629,902 times
I'm not changing my clothes so I can make an "appearance" at the grocery store.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 05-01-2017, 08:16 PM

258 posts, read 116,234 times
Because I am lazy and broke. It's cheaper to dress like this everyday vs buying real clothes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty