U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 09:15 PM

3,229 posts, read 1,191,573 times

Advertisements

It's tight. I have no problem with it.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:16 PM

1,067 posts, read 944,613 times
Let people wear what they want.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:38 AM

1,609 posts, read 692,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Are you talking about the "fake news"/social warriors that are spreading disinformation view tweets and facebook?

There is a good example of the fake news "war on women" disinformation here:

United Airlines refuses to board two women due to their leggings

Long thread...skip over the moral outrage and get to page 10 or 12 where the truth and agenda starts becoming more clear...
I read about that on the news the other day....smh. There has been a rule on what you can and can't wear while traveling on a Friends and Family of Employees Pass with the airlines for decades and now all of a sudden it's "immoral" or "just not right".....smh. I blame the media for ALL of this fake news crap! Let's just stir the pot and influence our viewers to get more ratings!!

Old 03-31-2017, 01:50 AM

797 posts, read 377,086 times
Most of the women I see wearing these looks like they just started working out that day.
FYI,makes you look pretty stupid.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:57 AM

2,494 posts, read 1,858,153 times
Male perspective: it's a great look. Even women with "pancake booty" look pretty good with the spandex. Interestingly enough, the middle/upper middle class women that wear spandex and leggings everywhere are opting for a style that was quite popular in the 'hood during the late 80's and early 90's.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:02 AM

2,494 posts, read 1,858,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Spandex and leggings don't seem anymore comfortable than sweatpants, but it's hard to go around showing your ass in sweatpants.
Oh as a man that never skips leg day and does plenty of squats, it's easy to show off your booty in sweatpants.

I rarely see the upper middle class pancake-booty girl wearing them though. Always the spandex lol!

Old 03-31-2017, 08:23 AM

24,477 posts, read 28,773,973 times
Quote:
Spandex and leggings don't seem anymore comfortable than sweatpants, but it's hard to go around showing your ass in sweatpants.

That's all the meaning in the disagreement, it's the answer that its about the comfort factor.

It seems like some look at themselves in the mirror after their first experience in spandex and think: "my God how amazing I look! Im just like Olivia Newton John in Grease!" It's an excuse for people who don't look good in other clothes. Who would want to try and fit their extra large butt or gut in jeans when they can fit it ALL in a size medium stretch pants? Never worry about zippers and waist bands again.

This is the use of leggings and spandex I'm talking about. Drawstrings and pockets aren't on these. They're​ def not going to fall down.

I think those pantyhose with the all in one French cut underwear at the top made me look great, especially with black pumps. If I threw on a cardigan and ran out the door, no, no one can actually SEE my private parts, just the outline. I think this'll be great for 'just running errands'. Hey, I'm picking up the kids, this is just comfortable for me now. Anyone furrowing their brow at me in my comfy new outfit must be jealous.

In other words, wear what you want, I don't want have to look at your ass though, fair enough?
Gosh, so angry.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:58 AM

15,372 posts, read 25,611,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Wasn't the OP in a tourist town in Colorado, not at work?
Sorry, you are right. Let me rephrase that. I don't think they should be warn in public. If your all hanging out there that shows a lack of class.

And the idea that they are going to the gym, guess what every gym I have ever went to had a place to change.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:20 AM

9,456 posts, read 7,611,509 times
Quote:

That's all the meaning in the disagreement, it's the answer that its about the comfort factor.

It seems like some look at themselves in the mirror after their first experience in spandex and think: "my God how amazing I look! Im just like Olivia Newton John in Grease!" It's an excuse for people who don't look good in other clothes. Who would want to try and fit their extra large butt or gut in jeans when they can fit it ALL in a size medium stretch pants? Never worry about zippers and waist bands again.

This is the use of leggings and spandex I'm talking about. Drawstrings and pockets aren't on these. They're​ def not going to fall down.

I think those pantyhose with the all in one French cut underwear at the top made me look great, especially with black pumps. If I threw on a cardigan and ran out the door, no, no one can actually SEE my private parts, just the outline. I think this'll be great for 'just running errands'. Hey, I'm picking up the kids, this is just comfortable for me now. Anyone furrowing their brow at me in my comfy new outfit must be jealous.

In other words, wear what you want, I don't want have to look at your ass though, fair enough?
Perfect response.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:23 AM

6,130 posts, read 2,314,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Gosh, so angry.
Not at all . I had fun typing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty