U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 07:08 AM

984 posts, read 396,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
OK, I'm not talking about actual SKIN showing here. I'm saying that the material is so skin tight that every outline and crevice shows under the tight fabric. Saw a young woman going into a restaurant yesterday wearing such tight yoga pants that her skinny butt was outlined with the fabric so that absolutely nothing was left to the imagination.
I saw a woman recently wearing a loose pair of nice/dressy cotton/linen pants, and the fabric outlined her butt crack as you described. This is sometimes inevitable if you have a large bum, no matter what pants you are wearing. It's not a phenomenon exclusive to yoga pants or leggings. And I frankly don't care, it's not like we don't all know what butts look like since everyone's are constructed the same.

Some people are judging. Some people don't care. I doubt this trend is going to reverse itself anytime soon, so it is up to you whether you are going to continue to be irritated by it.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:18 AM

27,492 posts, read 17,642,239 times
Quote:
OK, I'm not talking about actual SKIN showing here. I'm saying that the material is so skin tight that every outline and crevice shows under the tight fabric. Saw a young woman going into a restaurant yesterday wearing such tight yoga pants that her skinny butt was outlined with the fabric so that absolutely nothing was left to the imagination.

It seems like some of you are being deliberately obtuse.

I get it that many of you want to wear whatever you desire out in public. It's your right to look however you want. Just be aware that not everyone thinks you look appropriate or even decent.

Do you have a fetish?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 05-03-2017, 11:46 AM

11,987 posts, read 10,683,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
This.

I have a lot of so-called "active wear" in my wardrobe. I wear leggings, NOT the thin ones that are glorified stockings, but the thick spandex ones like runners and cyclists wear (the cycling pants are also called riding tights) for quick errands, doing laundry and yes, for cycling or going to the gym. I also have a number of pairs of the Danskin knit flare-bottom pants that Walmart sells, and I do wear those to work.

The folks on here who are whining are welcome to pay my clothing bills if they want me to wear "dressy" clothes. Knits and active wear are far more affordable for my budget. My idea of "dressy" is a plain T-shirt and boho skirts from Wevez.
So I have to buy you clothes if I don't want to be subjected to your cellulite, fat pockets, and cottage cheese lumps? That's a raw deal. Why can't you just dress appropriately?

Old 05-03-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
So I have to buy you clothes if I don't want to be subjected to your cellulite, fat pockets, and cottage cheese lumps? That's a raw deal. Why can't you just dress appropriately?

That was rude, and completely illogical.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:17 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
Quote:

It seems like some of you are being deliberately obtuse.
And it seems like you are deliberately equating "formfitting" with "obscene."

Does the fact that the female form is typically curvaceous (yes, yes,yes, I know, I know, "there are some women with absolutely no curves," blah blah) really represent so much of a problem for you? So much that even when covered completely by opaque fabric, if any outline of feminine curvature is visible, it's a "standards of decency" issue? Because that's how it seems.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:20 PM

I need to run to the store (been doing yard work), and I think I will put on yoga pants.... I have no intention of exercising.... I think I will throw on a sports bra under my shirt.....

So there!!!

Old 05-03-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
You don't have to do anything.

You have the power to look away if someone else's body doesn't appeal to you. Who really cares if someone else's body appeals to you or not, to be honest?

Old 05-03-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstyles123 View Post
Affordable fashions are not hard to find. Couture Anatomee offer an array of fashions and trends for men and women including smartphone accessories. Visit http://www.couture-anatomee.com to find affordable trends that fit your budget.
Not spammy AT ALL.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:22 PM

984 posts, read 396,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
And it seems like you are deliberately equating "formfitting" with "obscene."

Does the fact that the female form is typically curvaceous (yes, yes,yes, I know, I know, "there are some women with absolutely no curves," blah blah) really represent so much of a problem for you? So much that even when covered completely by opaque fabric, if any outline of feminine curvature is visible, it's a "standards of decency" issue? Because that's how it seems.
I can't rep you, but totally agree. And frankly it's getting harder to find decent looking clothing that hides all the evidence of a female form.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:25 PM

And, moreover, why should anyone even WANT to, outside of cultures where concealing the female form is a historically and religiously ingrained norm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty