U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 01:27 PM

11,987 posts, read 10,690,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That was rude, and completely illogical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
You don't have to do anything.

You have the power to look away if someone else's body doesn't appeal to you. Who really cares if someone else's body appeals to you or not, to be honest?
The person I was responding to said if people don't like the way she dresses they are welcome to buy her different clothes. I found that rude. So a man is welcome to walk around in a tank top with his belly hanging out and if others don't like it they are free to buy him a more appropriate shirt? I disagree.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:31 PM

35,821 posts, read 39,409,007 times
And I was referring to the post where you intimated that you shouldn't have to be subjected to somebody being fat or having cellulite underneath their attire.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:31 PM

27,594 posts, read 17,678,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
The person I was responding to said if people don't like the way she dresses they are welcome to buy her different clothes. I found that rude. So a man is welcome to walk around in a tank top with his belly hanging out and if others don't like it they are free to buy him a more appropriate shirt? I disagree.

I see men like that all the time. I'm sure if I bought him a shirt, he wouldn't wear it.

I don't expect people to dress to impress me and vice versa. IMO, anyone who has the time to be overly concerned about how others dress, is obviously blessed in their life. If THAT can take time out of your day.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 05-03-2017, 02:05 PM

3,688 posts, read 1,202,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
So I have to buy you clothes if I don't want to be subjected to your cellulite, fat pockets, and cottage cheese lumps? That's a raw deal. Why can't you just dress appropriately?
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that there are any photos of me on this forum showing my body composition, so how the hell would YOU know what I look like?? Or how my clothes fit?

How about this, then: you want me to drive to the gym and then drive home, change clothes and THEN do my grocery run when the market is RIGHT NEXT TO THE GYM, then you can pay the gas and wear and tear on my car for making that extra round trip just so my workout leggings don't "offend" anyone. I pass 5 supermarkets on my way to the gym; it's pure stupidity for me NOT to combine trips.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:41 PM

5,677 posts, read 6,468,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that there are any photos of me on this forum showing my body composition, so how the hell would YOU know what I look like?? Or how my clothes fit?

How about this, then: you want me to drive to the gym and then drive home, change clothes and THEN do my grocery run when the market is RIGHT NEXT TO THE GYM, then you can pay the gas and wear and tear on my car for making that extra round trip just so my workout leggings don't "offend" anyone. I pass 5 supermarkets on my way to the gym; it's pure stupidity for me NOT to combine trips.
LOL, already answered this ruse. Just take a tunic top to the gym with you, put it on and head to the grocery. Too hard for you to understand? Me thinks you like showing off your butt...

Old 05-03-2017, 04:30 PM

35,821 posts, read 39,409,007 times
Or, alternately, she doesn't think running into the grocery store in gym clothes is a big deal.

Because it isn't.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:41 PM

2,813 posts, read 1,400,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
OK, I'm not talking about actual SKIN showing here. I'm saying that the material is so skin tight that every outline and crevice shows under the tight fabric. Saw a young woman going into a restaurant yesterday wearing such tight yoga pants that her skinny butt was outlined with the fabric so that absolutely nothing was left to the imagination.

It seems like some of you are being deliberately obtuse.

I get it that many of you want to wear whatever you desire out in public. It's your right to look however you want. Just be aware that not everyone thinks you look appropriate or even decent.
Honestly, in all seriousness, I have NEVER seen the fabric of athletic leggings going into someone's butt crack. I haven't. I am truly flummoxed that this is a common occurrence for you. I'm not being deliberately obtuse. It's just, my mind is having a hard time accepting that as someone else's reality.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:14 PM

9,841 posts, read 13,932,158 times
Why can't this thread just die out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty