Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 02:08 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times

Advertisements

The real issue at hand is that at least 75% of the women wearing spandex everywhere they go have no right to be wearing spandex at all. Invest in a mirror please

Old 04-05-2017, 03:00 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
I'm from Denver, and ladies here wear active gear/spandex as their everyday wardrobe. I took a weekend trip to Crested Butte Colorado, walking through the town I literally was the only woman wearing jeans. I've traveled to a few places in the Midwest recently and did not see the trend in wardrobe there. In fact, I had a layover in the Nashville airport, saw a women in active gear and took a guess that she would be on my flight back to Denver...sure enough, I was right.
Is this a fashion trend seen in other cities?
The question is... do the women look fit?

Old 04-05-2017, 03:47 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
The real issue at hand is that at least 75% of the women wearing spandex everywhere they go have no right to be wearing spandex at all. Invest in a mirror please
And who decides that? Is there some sort of secret committee that decides what women are allowed to wear?

Old 04-05-2017, 04:34 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,769,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
If the women are happy with it, then that's all that matters. If it bothers YOU, avert your eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
The question is... do the women look fit?
Look fit to whom? You?! Are you the "fitness judge"? If so, you put you in charge? No one asked me if I thought you should be put in charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
And who decides that? Is there some sort of secret committee that decides what women are allowed to wear?
Exactly!

Proudly wearing my yoga pants. I've got plans to wear my third pair tomorrow!

Old 04-07-2017, 05:18 PM

992 posts, read 876,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Disrespectful to WHOM?

I wore yoga pants yesterday with a tshirt that covered my butt. While wearing them, I went on a 5 mile walk. I went shopping. I cleaned my house. I went on another 5 mile walk.

Today, I am wearing another pair with another tshirt that covers my butt. I've gone on a walk. I'm planning on going grocery shopping later while wearing them. Probably going on a second walk.

Just whom am I disrespecting by wearing these pants?
To me it says that the wearer is not important enough to look nice, and that everyone else in the public sphere is not important enough to respect by being presentable.

Old 04-07-2017, 05:23 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Western Urbanite View Post
To me it says that the wearer is not important enough to look nice, and that everyone else in the public sphere is not important enough to respect by being presentable.
To me it says that they don't care to kowtow to your subjective preferences of 'presentable'.

I guess they have this crazy notion that what they wear should be about them and not you.

Old 04-07-2017, 05:34 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
I don't see a lot of maine women wearing spandex,,,,that would create a lot of torque..

but ...on behalf of the male gender id like to say a big thank you to the lady's that wear these sheer body hugging clothes...I think they are leggings...

I was in line at the grocery store a couple days ago.....and wanted to say thank you to the lady in front of me ....almost gave her a tip.... they looked so good..

I couldn't help but smile,,,thinking we've come a long ways the liberated women can wear whatever they want and I'm all for that!!

Old 04-07-2017, 06:09 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Should I also curtsy to each of my fellow shoppers at the grocery store? Just checking to see what else you think women should be doing to show respect for those around us.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:04 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Probably true. Meaning none of us are important enough for it to matter.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:10 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I don't see a lot of maine women wearing spandex,,,,that would create a lot of torque..

but ...on behalf of the male gender id like to say a big thank you to the lady's that wear these sheer body hugging clothes...I think they are leggings...

I was in line at the grocery store a couple days ago.....and wanted to say thank you to the lady in front of me ....almost gave her a tip.... they looked so good..

I couldn't help but smile,,,thinking we've come a long ways the liberated women can wear whatever they want and I'm all for that!!
My kid was getting into her truck and an suv came around the corner rather fast. It was a woman wearing a burka, she literally rolled down the window and yelled at my kid because of the yoga pants. Whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty